Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Looking for a game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Looking for a game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Looking for a game - 8/20/2020 4:14:59 AM   
ekcut

quote:

Does this game exist?

I'm looking for a game based on air combat.
I would like to have the squad I belong to (or lead) have different pilots in it. They have different skill levels or skill sets (eg some are great tactitions, others great dogfighters, others have great situational awareness and can spott enemies sooner, or great leaders that can impove the entire squadron etc) Also, do these pilots improve with experience and training, or burn out if used too much?
For me what I am looking for most, is a chance to become familiar with the pilots (either real or ficticious) and watch them grow into aces and rack up the kills. Of course with there demise, i will also feel the pain of their lose.
To be honest the personal level of the pilots is more entertaining to me then the tactics of battle.

It could be a flight sim, or a turn based strategy game, it's the squad management that I am interested in

I'm reminded of old Falcon 3.0
Your squadran had pilots with 3 ratings, dogfighting, bombing and basic flying skill. AI squadmates improved over time. If you had 2 good wingmen and managed to keep them alive for several missions you became and powerful fighting
force! Then when one of them made the ultimate sacrifice I remember being so upset I couldn't eat dinner! I love that sort of immersion! I havn't seen it in any game since.

Thanks!

Hey, just a bump for an old thread. Over the past several years has anyone seen a game like above, with individual pilots to manage who improve/decline over time?

< Message edited by ekcut -- 8/20/2020 4:17:08 AM >

(in reply to ekcut)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Looking for a game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI