Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 4:02:00 AM   
operating

Turn 50

North Baltic:

A 1 strength English sub was detected and sunk here. Other CP sub fleets positioned to protect spawning supply convoys, there are 2 locations available for convoys to spawn (pink circles).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 7:45:11 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 361
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 7:48:16 AM   
operating

Turn 50

Eastern Front:

The northern flank continued it's push towards Vilna by gaining more ground after shelling and assaulting a Russian garrison into retreating. Afterwards leapfrogged AH artillery now upgraded with mustard gas in range to hit 2 targets. The southern flank is being a little cautious seeing 6 class II Russian fighters behind the enemy line. That's a lot of offensive power..! Considering the Germans only have 3 class III fighters. As a counter measure trying to upgrade as many German units with searchlights as possible. You will notice that Germany kept 38 PP in the bank, it did so for Germany is nearly broke even after cashing in many labs, maybe 1 or 2 left working, so needed a emergency fund to keep operations going without going totally broke..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 8:24:12 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 362
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 9:06:58 AM   
operating

Turn 51

Gallipoli Captured Event:

Here we go again..! Entente has violated OE's neutrality once again for the "FOUTH TIME"..!! Again at the end of Entente's turn they "accept" OE's surrender offer.

To get a better understanding of what I am getting at here, read this thread: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=89657

quote:

What's funny is that other players were violating treaties, or refusing surrender and I could not, or did not figure out how they were getting away with it till now? (there was no meat to violating treaties (of already surrendered) or refusing surrender, it made it a valueless decision with little or no consequences).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 9:31:13 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 363
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 9:39:40 AM   
operating

Turn 51

Stats: AH and Germany have fresh garrisons ready to deploy this turn. In some matches I keep a ready to deploy garrison, ect. in the queue just in case of emergencies.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 9:43:36 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 364
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 4:20:01 PM   
operating

Turn 51

Western Front:

Did areole attacks on support units in the Netherlands and French artillery near Strassberg, also re-bombed Paris. The quality and strength of many German units defending here can only delay offensives, not initiate them with any fervor that could turn the Entente tide here. CP dreadnaughts are setting up for a battle off Cuxhaven (see a nice juicy English light cruiser fleet). Moved artillery to second line of defense and other minor changes to lines here. Netherland NM is dropping like a stone towards surrender.

What I'd like readers to do is find posts that show "kills" and the other of the same turn that show "casualties" in the information panel below. Take note in this panel that England has lost 39 more aircraft than they lost in ground troops 213 vs 252. This is where the game sort of loses it mark, but does not totally destroy it. Aircraft losses should never outnumber infantry losses..! This is not Desert Storm of 1991..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 4:52:15 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 365
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 4:54:14 PM   
operating

Turn 51

Italy:

This area might seem like it's insignificant, you can be sure it's a big PITA to the French. Bombed Paris and Lyon, also shelled Toulon further diminishing France's PP. From what I can count, France needs at least 84 PP per turn to support all the units it shows on the map. Is France producing that much?? Maybe that's why France disbanded the infantry on Corsica? AH repaired and IIRC upgraded it's blimp to a rigid zeppelin type aircraft near Florence. Moved AH garrison to Naples for a possible run/transport at Corsica.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 5:08:57 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 366
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 5:10:23 PM   
operating

Turn 51

North Africa:

Feeling around for the French garrison from Sfax after landing in Tunis. If a garrison is there, it will be at half supply and reduced combat ability. One of my goals here is to have the Constantine garrison hook up with the Tunis garrison to make all the northern hexes here CP at full supply.. Have a sub fleet scouting Oran for other possible French units.. German raider stuck the French first west of Algiers, then the German garrison assaulted, nothing major here, except that the French are on notice they are not here alone. Soon a AH AC will join the fray..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 5:24:40 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 367
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 5:29:16 PM   
operating

Turn 51

Baltic:

CP intuition was correct about the Russian artillery. Since the English sub fleet that was here went on to attack up north on my 8 sub fleet, figured it was time to check out my theory, and sure enough caught the artillery by surprise with a bombardment followed up with a garrison assault, not a decisive battle, it could be if the artillery choses to stand and fight. Up north a supply fleet spawned. There was a heavy battle at Helsinki from which the defending garrison repaired.. Repaired and upgraded a cruiser at Tallinn. (by accident left a red circle there and tried to cover up my mistake) Crowded the remaining Kaiserliche Marine in Riga bay to cover the attacking cruiser's butt. I could be wrong; It seems like there are less enemy sub fleets around..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/4/2019 5:46:16 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 368
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/4/2019 8:54:43 PM   
operating

Turn 51

Eastern Front:

The northern flank is close to capturing Vilna after routing and killing off another Russian garrison. No new Russian units can deploy from the queue directly into the city due to German ZOC, The Russians can try RR reinforcements there or move the blocking garrison just outside the city into the city, or maybe try their luck running the AC south of there into the city, it won't last though without support. I'd like to see what the Russians are going to do? Leapfrogged the German artillery to target the lonely garrison. One of the southern flank AH commanders got pretty beat up after several fighter sorties and pushed out of position by Russian infantry knocking the AH garrison down to a "1". Recovered gaps in the line with reserves this turn, I may pull back the most eastern units here to shorten the line and add a couple of units to the north flank which is getting stretched. Would like to cut off the Russian line by Koenigsburg, isolate them if possible after taking Vilna. Luckily had a AH garrison to deploy at Lemberg. From Vilna other opportunities for city captures looks easier than the year and 9 months it took to get this far.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 10:54:38 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 369
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/5/2019 6:36:32 PM   
operating

Turn 52

Stats: 2 more units destined for the Western Front,

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 6:38:08 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 370
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/5/2019 6:39:11 PM   
operating

Turn 52

Western Front:

Kaiserliche Marine dreadnaughts arrived at Wilhelmshaven and Cuxhaven ports through the Kiel Canal to do battle with the British Royal Navy that were boldly crowding the waters here. The dreadnaughts immediately went into action and sank an entire class III British light cruiser fleet to Admiral Beatty's horror..! Now let's see if the Royal Navy will stick around for more next turn. Next gave a French general a little taste of mustard gas by German artillery. Deployed a fresh infantry in Wilhelmshaven and a fresh garrison in Frankfurt. Moved some fighter bases to allow more room for ground unit maneuvering. AH fighter bases moved towards a quiet sector to recoup from losses. Rotated out of the front here a few damaged units for rest and repairs. CP has been keeping up it's defensive posture while fortifying, the offensive cards are in the French and English hands. There was actually only 1 bomb run on Paris, you'll see that kind of activity in the Italy post. Berlin (white circle) lost 6 PP this turn, The English have several if not more type of Balloon/blimp aircraft, some you see near the Entente front line. Sometimes they are used in concentration on CP fighters, occasionally against ground units, like they did when attacking Stuttgart this turn. Yes, CP does bomb with the 3 airships they have here, the combined French and English airships are close to 3 times that number..!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 7:28:33 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 371
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/5/2019 7:30:00 PM   
operating

Turn 52

Italy:

Now you can see clearly the "2" CP bomb runs. (Ammo ran out for a zeppelin run so it sat idle). AH pre-dreadnaught pounded Marseille. Embarked an AH garrison at Naples intended for the vacant Corsica island and drove the AC towards Rome to protect it. Have a sub scouting Ajaccio to make sure it stays unoccupied..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 7:42:02 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 372
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/5/2019 7:43:04 PM   
operating

Turn 52

North Africa:

The French garrison by Algiers must have moved into the FOW while a French AT (armored Train) came forward from Oran to attack the German garrison . CP navy then counter-attacked followed up with garrison assault, it was a little risky using the garrison, thought I'd give it a try. Sent the Oran sub fleet to scout Gibraltar. The French Sfax garrison ran into a hornets nest at Tunis, first getting clobbered by the AH dreadnaught and counter-attacked by city garrison, knocking the French from a 10 to a 4. Not far from here the Constantine garrison is itching to join the fight.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 8:00:49 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 373
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/5/2019 8:04:10 PM   
operating

Turn 52

Baltic:

As it turns out the garrison attack on the Russian artillery is backfiring resulting in heavy losses. Seeing the situation was hopeless continued attacks on the artillery (at least the artillery will not be at full strength soon for when it pounds Tallinn). Hopefully the Germans will have a replacement up here in a few turns. One thing I know for sure: That there are 3 enemy sub fleets still around. Set up to protect the supply convoy that made it to mid Baltic. Repaired pre-dreadnaught at Helsinki and kept a path open for fleets to evacuate Riga Bay next turn.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/5/2019 8:19:30 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 374
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/6/2019 9:49:23 AM   
operating

Turn 52

The northern flank was able to eliminate 2 Russian garrisons this turn after the collapse of their Koenigsberg line, this will free up more German units for the push on Vilna. I believe the infantry that is in Vilna now RR from Petrograd. There was no ammo for the zeppelins here so they remained idle yet have a LOS of 6 that makes them useful spotting enemy movement. Continued the withdrawal of the east end of the southern flank to help aid the north flank advances. There's good chance to take out another Russian infantry next turn that's in range of both CP artillery and fighters. If it wasn't this turn it would be next turn that Germany had to sell off their remaining tech labs, for the bombing of the Fatherland is having it's intended effect of breaking it's economy maintaining it's current size of armed forces. Germany is in desperate need of supply convoys making port..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/6/2019 10:32:57 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 375
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/6/2019 2:10:39 PM   
operating

Turn 53

Stats: Notice anything different with this SS from last turn?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/6/2019 2:13:29 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 376
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/6/2019 4:23:33 PM   
operating

Turn 53

North Africa:

For some reason the French 6 AT at half supply thought it could push the German 5 garrison around. This turn counter-attacked knocking the AT down to a 2. Personally I rarely attack with such low strength units. Counter-attacked a French sub fleet with 2 AH sub fleets, minor damage done. The Constantine garrison struck the errant French garrison south of Tunis forcing it to retreat, then the Tunis garrison harried the French with another attack causing the French to retreat again.. Sfax is close enough now to be captured next turn by the lead AH garrison. An AH transport is in place to disembark at Corsica next turn and has naval support.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 12:39:02 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 377
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/6/2019 4:45:12 PM   
operating

Turn 53

Western Front:

The Entente pushed a little further into Germany at 3 locations. First they barraged and bombarded a garrison to the northwest of Wilhelmshaven then with fighters and French infantry managed to wipe the defenders out, the position then was occupied by English infantry who did not do any attacking of their own. Next the French with air and artillery support killed off 2 AH infantry to the south of Dortmund, that was a huge CP loss..! Looking at the map now, I do not know why I even tried to man the German salient that remained, it's suicide. Because the near by English fighter was used in this offensive it was reduced to a "1" strength and was killed off by the zeppelin in Italy. What was troublesome: Was the ease that the French had in causing CP casualties with few losses to themselves.! Maybe there was more air-power used than I am aware of atm. Back to the English infantry: Have the feeling they are going to attack next turn, so preempted this with a naval bombardment and fighter sortie followed up with an infantry assault causing moderate damage to the English. Also CP was not going to let the English artillery off the hook either, so sent in 2 fighters to sortie them down a couple of points and lower it's morale. Berlin has been bombed down to 27 PP from the original 38 PP. AH fighters are repairing. Germany's production is nearing the critical stage, supply convoys are this faction's only hope of surviving the next couple of turns without making any drastic strategy changes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/6/2019 5:26:44 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 378
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/6/2019 5:29:14 PM   
operating

Turn 53

Italy:

AH bombed Paris, while the zeppelin finished off an English fighter/with base. Flew the southern Italy blimp (which has been upgraded to an air-ship at the cost of 10 PP) to northern Italy to have a greater selection of targets..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 12:44:46 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 379
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 12:54:22 AM   
operating

Turn 53

Baltic:

Lost the garrison by Riga Bay. I feel this small battle had bought time for Tallinn's survival, had this battle not happened and damaged the Russian artillery, Tallinn would have been lost by now.. A German cruiser got in the last lick on this artillery reducing it to a 3, should the artillery stay in place I'll send the fully recovered pre-dreadnaught here to continue bombardment, perhaps with zeppelin support.. What I do know is: That no English sub fleets have repaired during this whole cycle of events and have taken further losses themselves.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 1:10:13 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 380
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 10:49:33 AM   
operating

Turn 53

Eastern Front:

The northern flank made significant gains here where the Russians are totally off German soil and cut rail-lines in both directions from Vilna. In hindsight, could have done a better job with the Koenigsberg garrison line, could have maneuvered them closer to Kovno to prevent Russian movement (these units were all upgraded with searchlights). Combined CP artillery mustard gas barrage wasted another Russian infantry which was mopped up with German infantry capturing the line position. IIRC off to the east of Vilna CP units polished off a weak AC that had retreated. Moved other units to prepare for the final assault on Vilna and to prevent further Russian reinforcement from the queue there. German supply convoy reached port, Thank God.! Moved fighter bases slightly northward, their interdiction is still needed for the southern flank. Russian sorties are doing a job on the AH front line that only has AA. Don't get me wrong the Russian fighters are taking losses too. Performed a minor attack on the end of line Russian garrison here while AH units repaired. I believe the zeppelin finally finished off the Russian blimp at Odessa. Can see that Russia is still producing units and possesses a lot of power..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 11:38:14 AM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 381
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 11:39:18 AM   
operating

Turn 53

Bulgaria:

Remember earlier asking this question:
quote:

Stats: Notice anything different with this SS from last turn?

It was the first sign that Bulgaria had entered the war.. Last Entente turn (52) the English DOW'd Bulgaria.

Knew this was coming from the way mrdozer had conducted his OE campaign not allowing Bulgaria to mobilize, while building up his army (in the FOW) at the Bulgarian border for the invasion there. OK, How did Bulgaria react? It's economy is in piss poor shape with only a few ammo rounds in stock and can only produce 2 ammo per turn. Immediately disbanded the artillery and lab, it would have been useless for 4 turns and used the PP to upgraded and repair what units were left from the initial invasion, otherwise many units would have stayed class I, that would have been easy pickings for the class V or better Russian/English ground units. Bulgaria has only 3 cities, one of which had been captured and another damaged, also hard to defend unless the Bulgarians wanted to break up the front line you see now. The idea is for the Bulgarians to hold out till AH reinforcements or units off their queue arrived.. Where this was a surprise invasion, the Bulgarians have little time to fortify and have no commanders as do the English. It's obvious Entente is looking to take advantage of the soft underbelly of the Austro-Hungarian Empire..!! Of course the Bulgarian-OE (Turkey) Defensive Pack does not matter now, for OE does not exist anymore, has no cities, has no armies, has nothing to contribute to a Defensive Treaty.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 12:26:35 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 382
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 5:34:24 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Stats: Germany receives an infantry, AH a garrison..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 5:35:43 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 383
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 5:36:44 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Western Front:

The French somehow eliminated a front line AH infantry and broke through with a garrison, which was counter-attacked and killed off, securing the line again. The Germans abandoned the very exposed salient. As if the Germans had enough to deal with, this front just got harder with the introduction of English tanks. Mistakenly detailed many units as repairing till I realized they had actually been counter-attacking. Did a couple of sorties to try and disrupt anticipated offensive near Wilhelmshaven. Next turn AH fighters will rejoin the front. Berlin is down to 22 from 38 PP. Deployed a fresh German infantry south of Cuxhaven. Triple bombed Paris. Kaiserliche Marine bombarded the newly arrived English tank and did moderate damage to a English light cruiser fleet.. This front looks fairly stable, but with advent of tanks here, there's no telling what will happen?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 6:05:05 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 384
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 6:06:34 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Italy:

CP air-ships are a safe distance away from French fighters, air-ships can see fighters, but fighters cannot see them. Can't understand why the French did not protect Corsica? Well it's too late now.! AH captured the island/with port.! Look way off to the top left hand corner of this SS to see an AH sub fleet scouting the waters there..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 6:18:24 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 385
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 6:20:15 PM   
operating

Turn 54

North Africa:

Captured Sfax after a brief battle eliminating a French garrison. That's the second city France lost this turn..!! Repaired German garrison and AH sub fleet while bombarding Oran and Mareth. As it stands now: The French have lost 5 cities that used to produce 14 PP for their economy. 4 other cities are bombed out and others are partially bombed out, the French must be feeling some kind of economic pinch.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 6:34:10 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 386
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 7:33:20 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Baltic:

Russian artillery moved to where they could not be bombarded. The Germans are facing a dilemma if they lose Tallinn, for any surface fleets and perhaps sub fleets east of Russian controlled Tallinn will be trapped there.! How long can the Tallinn garrison hold out? Should the garrison abandon the city by transport? Many questions and problems to resolve.. Will Russian artillery be able to fire from across the Finland Sea at Helsinki? It'll be a disaster in no time..!! At the same time CP needs to repair what it can to protect the next supply convoy. There's still English sub fleets dying out there for another port to do repairs. The good times here for Germany here could be at an end.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 7:54:44 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 387
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 7:56:41 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Eastern Front:

Garrisons made a general advance around Kovno. CP artillery is positioned to barrage Vilna next turn after some minor skirmishing with city defenders, other units are maneuvered to prevent direct reinforcements, also infantry on infantry skirmishes to lower counter-attacks on CP garrisons. CP fighters are in good shape and commanded for next turn's sorties, even dropped a zeppelin kiss to lower morale in Vilna. The southern flank is struggling under constant Russian sorties, resulting in front line rotations, yet the 2 German units here keep attacking the end unit of the Russian line with some success. In all truthfulness I feel as though this flank could crack if no decent reserves are deployed here. There is more Russian fighters here than the map is showing. There is a slight chance at taking Riga if my opponent is asleep at the switch. Had 1 casualty during the Russian turn: The AH AT got derailed and blown up northwest of Vilna.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 8:25:54 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 388
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/7/2019 8:28:28 PM   
operating

Turn 54

Bulgaria:

The English captured Varna and should be flanking the Bulgarian line soon, now that another English infantry has been spotted. The Russian cav look to being used with reckless abandon, while the Bulgarian cav is getting chewed up and likely lost next turn. If Sofia is captured, all is lost here. Deployed an AH garrison at Sarajevo, expect to RR it to Sophia next turn. The English must really want a victory here, seeing how they have attached 3 commanders to this front. The Bulgarians have nowhere to go, but to defend their Homeland..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/7/2019 8:44:34 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 389
RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) - 1/8/2019 12:57:54 PM   
operating

Turn 55

This means that England has used tanks in battle opening up a new infantry tech for anti-tank development.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 1/8/2019 1:01:39 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 390
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> After Action Reports >> RE: mrdozer2379 vs operating (active match) Page: <<   < prev  11 12 [13] 14 15   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI