Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sunflower Fields

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Sunflower Fields Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sunflower Fields - 6/13/2003 6:08:20 PM   
Hades

Col. Hades and his ruthless band of cut throat Reds is moving out.

Repki-
Capt Karelin's tank comlum runs into a few German squads and a 75 PAK. Tankodesantniki dismount and begin to clear the small village.

Fields east of Repki-
Cpt Schevchuk's recon platoon engaged a motocycle squad. The MC unit fleed as the endless line of T-34s aproached the crossroads.

Near Melchik Station-
Capt Gapon's tank company spotted and engaged a MC units.

BTW is the Field or Feild?

"History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave."
-Edmund Morris

[img]http://members.hometown.aol.com/guarana861512/myhomepage/russiankatkillers.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US[/img]
[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b
Post #: 1
- 6/15/2003 6:37:47 PM   
Sonni

ALARM! The Russkies are on the move, several platoons of T-34's are spotted on all sectors in the north.

South of Melchik Station: A platoon of BT-7M light tanks get a bit careless, they drive to the vicinity of a 75mm pak and a 20mm flak, and four out of five tanks are now burning. The sole survivor has also taken much damage.

Repki: T-34s and tankodesantiki take out our PAK. It seems that our days here will be short lived, but we must hold the village as long as we can to help our fellow countrymen elsewhere. We'll fight to the last man!

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 2
- 6/15/2003 8:17:28 PM   
Sonni

Your hotmail seems to be full, so I'll post your turn here.

Edit: I seem to have a problem with attaching the file... I'll post you tomorrow :(

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 3
- 6/16/2003 2:56:18 PM   
Hades

Repki-
Krelin's tank force has more or less cleared the village out. I lost a BA-6 to another PAK but it was quickly destoryed.

Near Melchik Station-
SGT Sorokin is slowly driving down a dirt road peering through the rows of sunflowers looking for PAK guns that seem to be hidden at every possible spot. He had heard the yells from LT Saramin's AC group to his west as a lone 75mm tore through the platoon. He didn't want that to happen to his men. Wait!! What was that!! I he spotted movement in the flowers! The BA-6 stopped has he spun he machine gun towards it. What is it his driver called up. Sorokin laughed, Only a rabbit Dimitry, only a rabbit. The humour pasted a second later has two shells screeched past on either said of them. Get us out of here, Sorokin yelled and his driver spun the car around and fled back to the tanks.

The Tigers and part of the Sorokins platoon and some tanks
No German peeking:)

Attachment (1)

-Edmund Morris

[img]http://members.hometown.aol.com/guarana861512/myhomepage/russiankatkillers.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US[/img]

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 4
- 6/18/2003 8:14:00 AM   
Hades

Hey Sonni
I havent gotten your file yet. Need me to resend?

-Edmund Morris

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 5
- 6/18/2003 2:10:07 PM   
Sonni

No need to resend, the files are on their way.
I have no internet connection at home, so I have to take the files to work on a disk, and send them from here. Slows down the process a bit, and my max. playing rate is 1 turn/day. Sucks doesn't it?

Anyhow...

Repki- Totally and utterly gone.

Middle section- Col Sonni sends MC-units to scout the enemy... at least 10 t34s and some BAs are spotted ambushing the road. We must wait and see where those t34s are going, one wrong move and they will be soon designated as Field Stove model 34's. We must be careful though, the are a lot Russki armor around.

South of Melchik Station- A group of various armor is advancing to an undesirable direction in our point of view. There are BA's, BT-7m's, SU-122, SU-152 and KV-8 there.... Reinforcements are needed fast.

Col Sonni has allready called for a backup from the Division, and they promised to send help, hopefully it will arrive soon.

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 6
- 6/18/2003 2:52:23 PM   
Hades

Man that sucks. You need to take Spwaw to work. Your boss won't mind, right?:D :D

Repki-
Tankodesantniki swarm back onto the tanks and the company begins to move out. Lt. Borodvish's tank is struck in the track by a Panzerfaust. The inf support dismounts and takes out the Panzerfaust team.

Middle-
Two companys(or more?:D ) of T-34s attemp to move into a postion to surround the platoon of Tigers. While heaing down the road SGT Sorokin is fired upon a Nashorn. He fired back missing everytime. A BA-6 of his is destoryed by two Marders.

South of Melchik Station-
Fire a few shells at another platoon of Tigers.

Col Hades calls in a Katyusha strike on Fedorovka for the sole propose of making Col Sonni watch it.:D :D

Shot of T-34s, Tigers, and TDs(no peeking

;) )

Attachment (1)

-Edmund Morris

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 7
- 6/18/2003 4:28:43 PM   
Sonni

[B]Man that sucks. You need to take Spwaw to work. Your boss won't mind, right?[/B]

Yeah right, with this amount of surfing in the matrixgames.com pages, they would love to see me play the game also :D

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 8
- 6/19/2003 1:16:47 PM   
Sonni

Middle- at least 5 T-34's salute the tigers by throwing their turrets in the air. There are still many many left however.

South of Melchik Station- Col Sonni demands that the tigers must engage the russian armor immediately. This seems like a bad call, as one tiger is disabled by a ISU-152, and another has it's track blown off, and almost zero losses to the enemy. These Tigers could have been used better somewhere else (Or under somebody elses command :) )

If Col Sonni keeps making mistakes like this in the future, he may have to adjust to a new position as a warehouse superior (not good), or maybe as a penal battalion chef (not good for those other penalized).

The few next turns can show the outcome of this battle, and I have to ask myself, why I allways have to hurry so much :(

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 9
- 6/20/2003 7:34:29 AM   
Hades

South of Repki-
Killed a Panzerfaust. Ran into some 88s. Pulled back and called down some smoke.

Middle-
Ran scared. Going to try to regroup.

West Middle-
Surrounded a Tiger platoon with a company of T-34s. No kills.:mad: :mad:

South of Melchik Station-
Killed two Tigers in quick sucession, but the third refused to die, killing atleast 4 of my tanks. It was still firing at a KV-8 sprayed it.

Pic of battle south of Melchik Station

Attachment (1)

-Edmund Morris

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 10
- 6/23/2003 2:32:12 PM   
Sonni

South of Repki- All we can do is to sit and wait for the T-34s .

Middle- Man I love those katz, only a few of those surrounding T-34s survived, I also have to thank a brave ss-squad that assaulted and destroyed a T-34 and an OT-34. My troops showed the importance of combined arms training and discipline, as I could turn a bad situation into a good one. A good example of this is a MG-42 and SdKfz 251/9 combination, where the mg suppressed a near T-34 with continuous fire, and simultaneously the armed HT flanked and shot the T-34 into bits with 75mm HEAT ammo. I had some casualties, as I lost three Marders to the T-34s and one Nashorn to my own misplaced bombardment.

South of Melchik Station- A little trouble here, I've lost three Tigers allready, only one still operating. Destroyed a BT-7 that was threatening the Tiger's behind.

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 11
- 6/23/2003 3:19:24 PM   
Sonni

Your Turn:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 12
- 6/23/2003 3:19:58 PM   
Sonni

Part 2:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 13
- 6/27/2003 2:08:27 PM   
Sonni

South of Repki- An 88 smashes an OT-34, and one shot bounces off a T-34. Seems we still don't have enough AT-capability there, reinforcements are direly needed. One riflesquad understands the orders tehy are given completely wrong, and runs straight into trouble.

Middle- I own the middle, at least it seems so. Four more T-34s catch fire, and the resistance here seems light. Better be careful however, the Russians might have some reserves or reinforcements still left.

South of Melchik Station- Big trouble here, only one Tiger still alive, and it is so suppressed that the crew refused to shoot anything. I managed to immobilize a SU-152, could help me in the future a little. Fortunately I still have something in my back pocket. ;)

I'll have to withdraw some units to help my troops in the west, I just can't be sure which units should I take. It is risky to leave a few Tigers somewhere, the russians seem to use their armor in such mass that 4 88KWKs just is not enough in these low vis close range battles against a company of T-34s.

Things look bright for me though. I shouldn't forget about the "Fat Lady singing" -part of things however. :rolleyes:

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 14
- 8/15/2003 4:32:11 PM   
Sonni

I am starting to think that this one will be in the bag soon. Lots of Russian infantry still present though, have to toast them a bit with my FlammPanzers.

There are few russian armor in the west and middle sector, but at the moment there seems to be little threat here.

In the east the russkies still have at least seven t-34s operational, and there will be some hard fighting left before it's cleared. fortunately my reinforcements start arriving, hopefully the russians can't say the same.

(in reply to Hades)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Sunflower Fields Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI