Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

buttons stacking ontop of each other

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> buttons stacking ontop of each other Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/30/2018 8:06:28 PM   
CainAble

I have read most of the graphic issues but not seen this.

After about 5 minutes the buttons stack on top of each other not allowing me to click on any but the top button.

For example go to the Intelligence menu. Click on Industry/Troop/Resource pool button. I start making changes and after about 5 minutes all the sortable buttons along the top stack ontop of the first button on the left. All the sortable buttons along the bottom move from a left to right configuration to an up and down configuration starting with the first left button on its row. Also most of them become invisable but are still there if you and get the cursor over them.

I am using a laptop with windows 10. I have installed the lastest beta. My son who is alot smarter then me with computers has helped alot but cannot fix this last issue.

We uninstalled and reinstalled and still have the problem.

Would love to play this game and help would be appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/31/2018 2:37:05 AM   
BBfanboy

The game engine is old and Win 10 + laptop makes graphic handling iffy. See the threads in this section of the forum about solving graphics issues, Win 10 or running the game on a laptop. Above all check out the thread on Switches which go into to Game icon (a new one you have to create, not the one the game installs).
If you are running with switches already, post the entire line from your shortcut properties so the forum can check it out. As an example here is my line of switches for Win 10 but not a laptop:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1680 -py1050 -w -fixedArt -skipVideo -SingleCpuOrders -cpu2

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to CainAble)
Post #: 2
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/31/2018 9:42:29 AM   
GetAssista

-dd_sw is also known as a potential fixer for many graphics problems

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/31/2018 5:45:24 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

-dd_sw is also known as a potential fixer for many graphics problems

In my case I had that switch in my string from Win 7, but in Win 10 it caused the ship/airplane/LCU artwork to jump up and down rapidly when the cursor went near them or a button. I dropped that switch and have had no issues since (unless the delay I experience after a mouse click is somehow related to graphics handling too - but I think I had that problem before I dropped the -dd_sw switch too).

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 4
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/31/2018 5:47:26 PM   
BillBrown

If you are having delays in the mouse click, try the -multiaudio switch and see if it helps.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 12/31/2018 6:22:18 PM   
CainAble

The artwork is not jumping and seems to be working. I am not having a delay when clinking.
I am in Dec 8th. I am trying to do my big setup after Pearl Harbor which means alot of clicking in the popups. I am currently working in the Intelligence screen working with the Industry / Troop / Resource Pool. As I click items on and off after a few minutes I cannot get to the clickable tabs as they stack ontop of each other. (AAA / fac/mach / dp gun / mines).
As I switch out of the Intelligence screen to other screen things start to go black. I once advanced my turn and lost half the map. Everything north of Dutch Harbor was black. Bases showed but could only click on half of them.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1366 -py768 -archive -altFont -deepColor -skipVideo -fixedArt

We have tried it with and without the -dd_sw switch and there is no difference.

I have read the threads and not seen this issue. I dont mean to be a bother but this is the game I have been wanting to play for a good while. I guess I can go back to playing Stellaris, HOI, or Flashpoint.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 6
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 1/1/2019 4:03:03 AM   
Alfred

I doubt this is really a command line issue.  A much more likely culprit is lack of memory.

1.  Try running the game with no other program open.

2.  Check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

3.  Minimise call on software rendering of graphics and instead rely on the graphics card.

Alfred

(in reply to CainAble)
Post #: 7
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 1/1/2019 5:07:51 AM   
CainAble

Thanks Alfred. I will try that in a few days (real life getting in the way of gaming) and let everyone know how it goes.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 8
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 1/5/2019 1:47:35 AM   
CainAble

Unfortunately nothing so far has fixed it. Here are screenshots to show what's happening.
Before: i.imgur(dot)com/fKcCEKQ.png
After: i.imgur(dot)com/D9nhNUO.png
Also not shown is part of the map often turns black.

(in reply to CainAble)
Post #: 9
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 1/5/2019 2:59:52 AM   
Alfred

You won't be allowed to upload screenshots until you have made 10 posts.

Alfred

(in reply to CainAble)
Post #: 10
RE: buttons stacking ontop of each other - 1/5/2019 3:02:34 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillBrown

If you are having delays in the mouse click, try the -multiaudio switch and see if it helps.

Just as feed back, the switch did seem to improve things and first and then they returned to delays in the mouse clicks. No problem if you are clicking things in sequence within a couple of second of each other, but pause to study the info on the screen or look over the map and the delay sets in. Leads me to think Win 10 is trying to do stuff in the back ground even when I do NOT have any other programs opened.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> buttons stacking ontop of each other Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI