Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 8:12:35 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Ankang may be undefended. It is 2 hexes away from Sian. Even if it is occupied, the defenders aren't that good. There are a few bases that don't have much for defense.

Thanks for that info. I'm looking at possibilities right now.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 31
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 8:32:41 PM   
RangerJoe

Then there is a dot base I think three hexes north. One hex away from the dirt path that links Chungking and Sian through the mountains. It would impede the flow of oil to Chungking and speed the attack on Chungking since you would then control the route into the center plains. Just one city in the open and you will have a complete path for your units.

I looked at this for my new Japanese game. I am sending the raiding regiment to China to start this.

There are also bases with just a base force in the city.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 32
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 8:33:43 PM   
Mike Solli

You guys are sneaky.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 33
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 9:05:13 PM   
RangerJoe

Observe and report. Then call in artillery, airstrikes, and/or point out to the Dumb A$$ Tankers (DATs) where the enemy is . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 34
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 9:47:26 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

12*30 on N1K you should expect to see this plane early '43. You will need a lot of Ha-45's, so plan accordingly.

I think 12 George factories are too many. I got the plane with six R&D sites in mid Mar '43.

It depends upon his plans. 12*30 means a chance for Jan/Feb which is nice, but that ain't the complete reason. 6*30=180. So, you can only convert maybe 4 groups per month to N1K. 12*30 means you can convert at least 8 groups to N1K in the first month. If he has plans for India, he would be moving on that target towards the end of 42. Think of the impact of suddenly having 8 groups of N1K turn up Feb 15 43 and start sweeping. In one or two turns, and this is a 2 day turn game, so even more of a chance, you might obliterate the allied fighters in India before the allied player can even react.
6*30 means 8 groups won't show up until late May or June.

This is why I tend to go big or leave it alone. If I RnD a plane, I want a serious contribution, else I just wait for the plane to arrive historically.

Its all about strategy at this point and the ability to open up tactical options.

Pax

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 35
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/2/2019 10:00:21 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

This is why I tend to go big or leave it alone.

Why use a little hammer if you have a big one?

Also, the engines built gets you to the magic 500 engine level to help with research.

― Julia Child

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 36
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 6:18:16 PM   
DanSez

A note of concern on your setting of 'Realistic R&D On'

With a 2 day turn, what happens to R&D factories for a plane that advances to production on Day One -- will you not get the chance to move them to another R&D program, conversion to production and lose those R&D plants for the rest of the game?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 37
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 6:48:23 PM   
RangerJoe

I believe that there is a setting which allows for the next plane to be researched and not to allow the research factory to go into production.

― Julia Child

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 38
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 8:20:57 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanSez

With a 2 day turn, what happens to R&D factories for a plane that advances to production on Day One -- will you not get the chance to move them to another R&D program, conversion to production and lose those R&D plants for the rest of the game?

Good point.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 39
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 8:25:13 PM   
rustysi

quote:

I believe that there is a setting which allows for the next plane to be researched and not to allow the research factory to go into production.

Not so sure. I just had a problem with this in my one day turn game. I tried something that didn't work and had to change it. I think the only way it works is to let it go to production and use the grace day to revert it back. That may not work in two day games. It could be I didn't go through all possibilities.

I opened a thread on it not too long ago. Had quite a few screen shots to show what I had done.

Edit: Here's a link to it.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4580065#

< Message edited by rustysi -- 3/3/2019 8:29:09 PM >

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 40
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 8:32:33 PM   
RangerJoe

Then, just as a suggestion, when it an aircraft is going to be finished researching, then go to a one day turn so the Japanese player can change the research, then go back to two day turns.

― Julia Child

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 41
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 8:38:08 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Then, just as a suggestion, when it an aircraft is going to be finished researching, then go to a one day turn so the Japanese player can change the research, then go back to two day turns.

Never tried it, as I've never played two turn games, but sounds like a good idea. Bit of a pain though, not to mention a tell.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 42
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/3/2019 8:58:26 PM   
RangerJoe

Oh well, you could also change when things get tight and interesting as well. But for much of the initial Japanese expansion it might be worthwhile for two day turns. But the ambush possibilities . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 43
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 12:04:43 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: DanSez

That's a concern. When I have a plane ending R&D at the end of a month, I can switch to a 1 day turn so that won't happen. We've already discussed it. He'll know something is becoming operational, but he won't know what, until it slaps him in the face a little later.

(in reply to DanSez)
Post #: 44
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 12:06:13 AM   
Mike Solli

quote:

Oh well, you could also change when things get tight and interesting as well. But for much of the initial Japanese expansion it might be worthwhile for two day turns. But the ambush possibilities . . .

will be possible for both sides.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 45
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 1:09:26 AM   
RangerJoe

Yes, but during the Japanese expansion there are Bettys and Nells with torpedoes. A6M2 and Oscars flying sweeps for two days instead of one . . .

For the paratroopers in China, Anyang is the first target, then Tienshui is the second. Both have 20 resources to boot. Three trail hexes away (marching distance) from each is where the trail goes to the rail line to Sian. If you can get there firstest with the mostest, then North China will be in a quandary. Nenyang is the base in the open on the grey road to Sian so it is an obvious target. If you see any units from Sian on the grey road heading towards that trail intersection, bombing them to get them into combat mode will help.

Anyang also has a 1(4) airbase as well so CAP can fly from there and reinforcements such as air support can be flown in.

I plan on doing that in my current game as I seriously try Japan. I think that I can get units into Chungking before lots of destroyed ones show up and maybe even Changsha as well. If I can only blockade them, then the Chinese army will really be short of bullets . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 46
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 10:41:28 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

rustysi

Careful there Omnius, remember there's a big picture here, not just the short term. Sometimes having an excess of an engine type is very desirable. Like for instance when you are R&Ding aircraft. Once an R&D factory is fully repaired if you have more than 500 of the A/C's engine in the pool you'll get a bonus of one point per day toward the A/C's advanced production date. That is to say you'll get the bonus every time the factory gives you a point and you have 500 engines. This bonus point will consume an engine. Hey, you don't expect to get it for free, do you?

One other thing, there are 'switches' that will stop your R&D factories from going into production. Look at the industry screen. Hotkey is 'j', or click on it up in the menu bar. From there you can isolate the R&D by clicking the 'All' topic and turning R&D on by clicking it. On that screen you'll see three columns on the left that are toggled 'yes/no'. Setting the 'prod' column to 'no' should turn the R&D factory 'off' for production. Keeping it as an R&D factory which you can then switch to the next model in the path with no loss of prodution, i.e. no need to repair factories.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3792580

I also just thought of a way to "save" on HI for pilot training. I don't know if you do this but when you cull your training groups for pilots, maybe do so on the last day of the month, even to an extent of having some slightly under trained. Then, fill the training groups up with trainees. Then those trainees will not be in training for the 5 HI cost each. It may not be much but it can add up in the long run.

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 47
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 12:46:02 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

12*30 on N1K you should expect to see this plane early '43. You will need a lot of Ha-45's, so plan accordingly.

I think 12 George factories are too many. I got the plane with six R&D sites in mid Mar '43.

It depends upon his plans. 12*30 means a chance for Jan/Feb which is nice, but that ain't the complete reason. 6*30=180. So, you can only convert maybe 4 groups per month to N1K. 12*30 means you can convert at least 8 groups to N1K in the first month. If he has plans for India, he would be moving on that target towards the end of 42. Think of the impact of suddenly having 8 groups of N1K turn up Feb 15 43 and start sweeping. In one or two turns, and this is a 2 day turn game, so even more of a chance, you might obliterate the allied fighters in India before the allied player can even react.

This is why I tend to go big or leave it alone. If I RnD a plane, I want a serious contribution, else I just wait for the plane to arrive historically.

Its all about strategy at this point and the ability to open up tactical options.

I'm in the same camp as Pax. I made the mistake of diluting my R&D in my other game. I have several models that got 1-2 R&D factories. It's not worth the few months (at most) the model is accelerated. I'm definitely interested in getting the George as early as possible. Right now I'm doing the math to see how many R&D factories are needed for it and for the Ha-43 engine to get the George 5 as early as is feasible.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 48
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 1:53:33 PM   
obvert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm in the same camp as Pax. I made the mistake of diluting my R&D in my other game. I have several models that got 1-2 R&D factories. It's not worth the few months (at most) the model is accelerated. I'm definitely interested in getting the George as early as possible. Right now I'm doing the math to see how many R&D factories are needed for it and for the Ha-43 engine to get the George 5 as early as is feasible.

If I even play another IJ game from the beginning I'm contemplating only accelerating fighters (and the Judy/Jill/Grace for the KB). Everything else I find to be of little importance in the mid-to-late game.

If you could get the George line started super early in 43, the Frank in mid 43, plus the Ki-83 in 44, you'd have a good chance to whittle the Allied pools of 2nd gen fighters down to nothing.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 49
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 3:51:19 PM   
GetAssista

quote:

quote:

If you will produce the plane and it is semi-important, I see no harm in R&Ding it with 1 factory.
Standard GC scenarios have a lot of R&D capacity. If you switch everything to important 2-3gen fighters the law of diminishing returns is there to bite you - 11x30 R&D is not that different from 10х30 R&D since the active phase (where repair is done and points are produced) is short. But you would spend an additional 30k supply per factory to convert and produce that semi-important plane.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 50
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 4:01:45 PM   
Mike Solli

I'm definitely focusing on fighters, the Judy and Jill lines, and the Grace. But, there are other planes that are important too. Some bombers. The Helen is nice with armor eventually for mid war. Recon also comes to mind. I'm working through it all. I'm still not convinced 1 R&D factory is worth the effort. But, everything can't get 12 factories. While 77 R&D factories is a lot, that gets eaten up pretty quickly when you're using 12 at a pop.

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 51
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 4:03:31 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: obvert

If I even play another IJ game from the beginning I'm contemplating only accelerating fighters (and the Judy/Jill/Grace for the KB). Everything else I find to be of little importance in the mid-to-late game.

+1

Sam and Frank are the two most important planes. Then pick a last generation plane or two to get early.

I keep thinking a dedicated kamikaze, the Kikka perhaps, would be a game changer.

(in reply to obvert)
Post #: 52
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 7:51:02 PM   
Lokasenna

Don't forget a night fighter. You will "need" one earlier than historical.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 53
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 7:59:27 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Yeah, that'll be on the acceleration list. Not sure which one, but my current thought is speed above all else. I don't expect them to shoot many planes down but they have no chance if they can't keep up.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 54
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 8:02:14 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

+1

Sam and Frank are the two most important planes. Then pick a last generation plane or two to get early.

I keep thinking a dedicated kamikaze, the Kikka perhaps, would be a game changer.

Sam, Frank, George and Ki-83 most likely for this game. I would like to devote something to both the Toka and Ki-115. Haven't looked closely at the Kikka. Need to do that.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 55
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 8:30:15 PM   
obvert

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

+1

Sam, Frank, George and Ki-83 most likely for this game. I would like to devote something to both the Toka and Ki-115. Haven't looked closely at the Kikka. Need to do that.

The thing is you won't need to use kamis extensively if your fighters wreak havoc in the middle game, and you can build massive forts if you save on the supply needed to expand engine and air frame factories to accommodate all of those planes. Make a lot of 1E DB and TB and go with those plus the Frances and Peggy-T when they arrive. Good to go.

The late late war is frosting.

I'd probably rather put factories into the Ki-94 than the Kikka, but if you got the Kikka early enough to make several thousand before the training groups arrived hen I guess it could be pretty useful, and very unexpected. The speed is beyond any other strike plane in game.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 56
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 8:54:20 PM   
Mike Solli

7 Dec 41

Sub War

The midgets at Pearl did nothing but die.

The other subs are maneuvering to positions and had no contact today. I'm trying something different with the subs around Pearl. Normally, I send all but a few of them on their way to their new destinations immediately, but this time I made a solid ring around most of the Hawaiian islands. Let's see what tries to enter or exit.

5 Fleet

Nada. I'll allocate a couple subs here to keep an eye on things for now.

4 Fleet

The big attack wasn't so big:

Morning Air attack on Pearl Harbor , at 180,107

Weather in hex: Clear sky

Raid detected at 119 NM, estimated altitude 14,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 44 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 42
B5N2 Kate x 144
D3A1 Val x 126

Allied aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
B5N2 Kate: 22 damaged
B5N2 Kate: 5 destroyed by flak
D3A1 Val: 9 damaged
D3A1 Val: 2 destroyed by flak

Allied aircraft losses
PBY-5 Catalina: 130 damaged
PBY-5 Catalina: 9 destroyed on ground
B-18A Bolo: 35 damaged
B-18A Bolo: 2 destroyed on ground
B-17D Fortress: 38 damaged
B-17D Fortress: 1 destroyed on ground
A-20A Havoc: 19 damaged
A-20A Havoc: 2 destroyed on ground
SBD-1 Dauntless: 22 damaged
SBD-1 Dauntless: 2 destroyed on ground
B-17E Fortress: 16 damaged
B-17E Fortress: 1 destroyed on ground
P-40B Warhawk: 33 damaged
P-40B Warhawk: 2 destroyed on ground
P-36A Mohawk: 25 damaged
P-36A Mohawk: 1 destroyed on ground
O-47A: 7 damaged
O-47A: 1 destroyed on ground
C-33: 1 damaged
R3D-2: 1 destroyed on ground
F4F-3 Wildcat: 4 damaged
F4F-3 Wildcat: 1 destroyed on ground
OS2U-3 Kingfisher: 1 destroyed

Allied Ships
BB Arizona, Bomb hits 5, Torpedo hits 2, heavy fires
DM Pruitt, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
BB California, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
BB Pennsylvania, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 5, on fire, heavy damage
BB Maryland, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 2, on fire, heavy damage
CL Raleigh, Bomb hits 1, on fire
BB Oklahoma, Bomb hits 3, Torpedo hits 2, on fire
BB West Virginia, Bomb hits 1, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
DMS Wasmuth, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
BB Nevada, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 4, on fire, heavy damage
PT-26, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
CL St. Louis, Torpedo hits 2, heavy damage
BB Tennessee, Bomb hits 2, Torpedo hits 1
DD Helm, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires
SS Tautog, Torpedo hits 1
CA New Orleans, Bomb hits 1, on fire
CL Phoenix, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Allied ground losses:
9 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Repair Shipyard hits 4
Airbase hits 22
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 74
Port hits 16
Port fuel hits 2

There was no confirmation of the California sinking but she did have a magazine explosion. It does look like 6 of the 8 BBs are out of the war for awhile. I did my usual and set my Vals on airfield attack and my Kates on port attack. All of the ship bomb hits are the 800kg variety.

My losses were 4 Vals and 7 Kates. KB will not stick around. They're heading toward Truk and south by way of Wake to ensure the liberation of that island.

There's no hurry to take Guam, so I have I/33 battalion heading there from Naha (I think, or maybe Amami Oshima(?)). The 2 DDs that historically bombarded Midway bombarded Guam. They'll stick around until the invasion fleet arrives.

I sent bits and pieces to take Nauru, Ocean, Tarawa and Tabiteuea. Engineers will follow as they become available and start on forts.

SE Fleet

Ships and small detachments are flowing to Truk for the future. Right now I have troops heading to Kavieng and Shortlands to establish air bases. 23 Air Flotilla and 5 Air Division will eventually end up down here. A few Nells and Zeros early at Shortlands will make this area untenable for the Allies. Unless some Allied CVs show up. I hope they do!

SRA

A Naval Guard and some engineers and AS invaded Puerto Princessa with the intent of making a level 2 airfield for fighters and 1E bombers.

In the Philippines, I invaded San Fernando with a regiment, an SNLF and several AS battalions (72 AS). I should take it tomorrow. An IJAAF BF (48 AS) along with the remainder of the 48 Division is enroute and should arrive over the next few days. I'll station a bunch of short range IJAAF fighters and bombers to begin the suppression of the Philippines.

The 65 Brigade is heading to Luzon and the 16 Division will liberate Mindinao, along with most of the tank regiments in the area. I hope to clear out Mindinao quickly so I can move on.

I'm in no hurry with the Philippines.

Malaya

The 25 Army will invest Malaya with some tanks and the IG Division taking the land route coming down from the north and the rest by sea. I sent everyone that would make it to a location just off the Malayan coast between Mersing and Kota Bharu with the option of going either place. I'm trying the Mersing Gambit! I've always wanted to try it and finally have the opportunity. It all depended on Force Z.

Force Z fled, the cowards! Had they been spotted I would have gone for the usual, Kota Bharu. I did notice a lot of Dutch subs protecting Kota Bharu, so I suspect Mike expected me to go that route.

They entire mob of forces will land tomorrow. Should be interesting.

Burma

15 Army is heading north. We'll see what happens. It'll be awhile though.

China

Just arranging troops to free up some forces for the offense. One and maybe 2 paratroop units will head up here to really screw with the Chinese.

Other Stuff

I'm seriously considering an Indian offensive, probably in fall of 42. More on that later. I need to see what transpires in the next 6 months.

Still working on my air R&D plans.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 57
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/4/2019 11:33:02 PM   
JoV

I have a 50 odd page word doc of notes that I pulled out of your other thread. Time to reopen it I guess

Good luck with Mersing. Hopefully the stingbags don't bite too hard. Be careful in the South Pacific too. A tricksy Allied player might just jump your early invasions of Tarawa/Tabiteuea.

Best of luck

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 58
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/5/2019 2:01:29 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

Yeah, that'll be on the acceleration list. Not sure which one, but my current thought is speed above all else. I don't expect them to shoot many planes down but they have no chance if they can't keep up.

I'm no longer a fan of accelerating NF's. The issue is so few groups and then so few planes in those groups. Don't miss understand. I build the best one. I'd rather have some really good fighters early.

As you note, you can't get everything early.

If you are going N1K and A7M for IJN and Ki-84 and Ki-83 for IJA, i would go 12x30 N1K, 12x30 A7M, 18x30 Ki-84 and 12x30 Ki83. Minimum. that's 54 taken. Then 6 - 9 on A6M. It's your best fighter through '42. The rest pretty much as they arrive. They all have trade-offs.

You should see:
N1K in early '43. If you are lucky Feb/Mar. Yes the statistics say Apr (50%), BUT this is a one sided curve AND a high deviation (meaning broad, not sharp). It comes in Sept 100%. It's like a 20% chance to have it in Jan IIRC with 12. People forget that, they only remember the 50% mark … plus remember the second benefit: you have 360 production right away. 12 planes/day. 3 days to fill a 36 plane group. You get 2 groups converted to N1K every week.

A7M - Late 44. 12/44, close to that.
Ki-84 - 8/43 - 9/43. Something like that. Just after you get the Tojo-c. So you are going to fly the Tojo-a a long time.
ki-83 - somewhere just at the beginning of 45 … 1/45 or so. This will give you a 430 mph AC when the allies are also flying them. 9/45 when they start flying +460 mph aircraft you'll still be competitive.

Pax

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 59
RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) - 3/5/2019 7:00:35 AM   
RangerJoe

You have some very good points there.

― Julia Child

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Mike & Mike - USS America (A) vs. Mike (J) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI