Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 7:58:40 AM   
Searry

What was the last straw for me is Germany freely declaring war on the baltic states while the Soviets just look stupidly behind the border. This game just has too many artificial restrictions.

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 31
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 5:16:12 PM   
amandkm

It may be my background, but from the boardgame settings I am used to, some decisions are left out of the players' hands. Think of yourself as the combined chiefs of whichever alliance you are playing. Some choices are political and as such, beyond the scope of your role. War leaders have to fight with the tools they have or are given, not always with those they would want to have.

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 32
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 6:45:42 PM   
Numdydar

Disagree amandkm because if that was true then we should not be able to direct chits into diplomacy or technology as those areas are outside of just being a military commander.

The Baltic states were stated to be the Russia's sphere of influence so Germany attacking them would have been a violation of the treaty. So any attack on them should bring Russia into war or at least increase their mobilization significantly. Plus increase the US War percentage as well.

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 33
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 6:47:12 PM   
ringoblood

Now are we talking about single player game here or multiplayer bc im confused??? If the computer or AI chooses not to invaded thats the AI choice or Historical piece if im served right. if your USSR and you cant its bc of a Historical piece. Know thy history. Thank you Numdydar

< Message edited by ringoblood -- 3/7/2019 6:57:01 PM >

(in reply to amandkm)
Post #: 34
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 7:01:42 PM   
amandkm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Disagree amandkm because if that was true then we should not be able to direct chits into diplomacy or technology as those areas are outside of just being a military commander.

The Baltic states were stated to be the Russia's sphere of influence so Germany attacking them would have been a violation of the treaty. So any attack on them should bring Russia into war or at least increase their mobilization significantly. Plus increase the US War percentage as well.

Good point. I withdraw the statement. :)

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 35
RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies - 3/7/2019 7:50:01 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Searry

What was the last straw for me is Germany freely declaring war on the baltic states while the Soviets just look stupidly behind the border. This game just has too many artificial restrictions.

Hi Searry

I've checked the scripts and the USSR will move towards the Allies by 8-15% per Baltic State the Axis declare war upon, so if all three are attacked then the USSR will move 24-45% towards the Allies.

The effect of these scripts would be to increase Soviet mobilization to help it prepare for war.

I'm not necessarily averse to increasing the % swings a bit, but whether Stalin would have automatically gone to war if this happened is a question we cannot answer with any certainty.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Searry)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> RE: Multiplayer balance as the allies Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI