Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Slow LCU movement question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Slow LCU movement question Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Slow LCU movement question - 3/10/2019 10:03:49 AM   
GetAssista

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
Motorized units like this one move faster on roads than non-motorized units.

For the green ones among us, there is even a table in the top right corner of the GC map. Motorized units only move faster when they have ARM type instead of INF

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 31
RE: Slow LCU movement question - 3/10/2019 3:39:55 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

What season is it?..Does the dirt road turn to mush in the rain? The direction of movement indicates an enemy IS present which may slow the advance. What is the density of the terrain off that single lane dirt road?
While the fatigue is only 25%, it might even be a malaria zone?

You have a good leader and loads of supply so I suspect what I mentioned, season and terrain.

Unless he is playing an RHS scenario movement rates on roads aren't subject to seasonal variations.

Infantry movement on a secondary road is 15 miles be day in move mode. Moderately high fatigue will reduce that to 12-14 miles per day.

An infantry unit will make that move in 4 days even if fatigued.

None of the possible effects you mention would slow a unit to 1 mile per day.

Something seems bugged.

I have used the "follow" command hundreds of times over tens of games and have never seen this.

Follow is best used when river crossing where a shock attack will be mandated to ensure everyone crosses together.

Outside of that use, I prefer the "all march" command for getting everyone in a hex moving to the same target.

Bugged? C'mon guys, just push the R button!
There is NO road running NE from Davao to the central base. The terrain is from Jungle Rough to Mountain. The enemy owns the target hex which seems to slow movement rates by half if you have a leader with low aggression - like the 46 Aggression for the leader of that unit. Combine that with dragging heavy artillery in that terrain and the one mile per day is explained!

EDIT: Oops, didn't read far enough and Geoff covered most of my comments. As for the unit heading SW, if it is not headed to a different target hex, it could be a unit with ARM designation which will automatically take a different route to use roads and get there faster because the game engine calculates that. Just get the infantry unit soldiers to climb on the tanks and hook the heavy artillery to the rear towing pintle hook and enjoy the trip.

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 3/10/2019 3:46:26 PM >

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 32
RE: Slow LCU movement question - 3/10/2019 3:42:38 PM   
Dante Fierro

Jungle? What about the bananas?

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 33
RE: Slow LCU movement question - 3/12/2019 5:17:26 PM   
rustysi

I'd check the march objective. Yours says 79,92, but IIRC it should also show Davao. Hex 79,92 might be somewhere else and that's screwing things up. Just a SWAG.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Dante Fierro)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Slow LCU movement question Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI