Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't reinforce Burma Corps???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/29/2019 4:21:45 AM   
Christolos

It's been several turns now and everything seems Ok except readiness and moral levels, which are low (13% and 11% respectively), but I just can't reinforce the Burma Corps in Indian. Supply is good enough, but that doesn't help. I also can't attach the Corps to two available HQs. What am I missing here???

C

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Christolos -- 4/29/2019 4:23:40 AM >

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Post #: 1
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/29/2019 1:04:20 PM   
Hubert Cater

If I'm understanding this correctly, the Indian HQs will not be able to attach a Burmese Corps, however I won't be able to understand the reinforce issue without having access to a saved turn. If this is a game against the AI, could you send me a saved turn to support@furysoftware.com?

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/29/2019 6:08:25 PM   
Christolos

Hi Hubert,

This is happening in a PBEM++ game, challenge ID 137952

It's been 5 of 6 turns in a row where the unit has been in good supply (6-7) with full actions points, and I just can't reinforce it.
Could it be because it has very low morale/readiness?

To which HQ can the Burmese corps be attached to?

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 3:48:39 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Christolos

Its supply value and the MPPs available to its Major are the key factors here, if both are fine then reinforcing shouldn't be a problem unless the unit were surrounded by enemy units on all land hexes.

So I wonder if the British are spending all their MPPs before coming to reinforce this? Long shot maybe, but if we can exclude this it would be good to know.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 3:53:58 PM   
Hubert Cater

What I'm able to do is to extract the last game state from the PBEM++ server and convert it to a Hotseat game on my end to inspect the turn as is. When I load the turn, the Brits only have 3 MPPs left so this would seem to explain why the Burmese Corps could not be reinforced as it is a UK minor. If I play through two turns back to the Allied turn and with full MPPs I am then able to reinforce the unit.

Can you confirm?

Also, for the Burmese Corps, they would only be able to attach to a Burmese HQ, but since there are none available, the Corps will not be attachable.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 4:03:13 PM   
Xenocide

Couldn't they attach to a British HQ since it is a British minor?

Post #: 6
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 5:50:13 PM   
Schokolokos

Looks like Christolos is broken, can we croundfund some money, eh, MPP for him?

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 7
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 6:48:43 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenocide

Couldn't they attach to a British HQ since it is a British minor?

No and for the same reason why a German HQ could not attach a Romanian unit even though Romania is a German minor in game. It is just the way things are setup as in most cases, minors have their own HQs.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 7:36:56 PM   
Xenocide

Oh, I have been thinking minors can benefit from their controlling major's HQs and playing that way. Oops.

Post #: 9
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 7:43:38 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

What I'm able to do is to extract the last game state from the PBEM++ server and convert it to a Hotseat game on my end to inspect the turn as is. When I load the turn, the Brits only have 3 MPPs left so this would seem to explain why the Burmese Corps could not be reinforced as it is a UK minor. If I play through two turns back to the Allied turn and with full MPPs I am then able to reinforce the unit.

Can you confirm?

Also, for the Burmese Corps, they would only be able to attach to a Burmese HQ, but since there are none available, the Corps will not be attachable.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Ok, and this is a little embarrassing , I originally thought the Burma corps could be reinforced with Indian MPPs...ooops!

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-

Post #: 10
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 7:45:30 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schokolokos

Looks like Christolos is broken, can we croundfund some money, eh, MPP for him?

Lol!

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Schokolokos)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 4/30/2019 7:53:53 PM   
amandkm

Let's set up a GoFundMe!

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 12
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 5/1/2019 1:04:57 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Xenocide

Oh, I have been thinking minors can benefit from their controlling major's HQs and playing that way. Oops.

Just possible supply benefits, not HQ leadership benefits.

(in reply to Xenocide)
Post #: 13
RE: Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? - 5/1/2019 1:05:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Can you confirm?

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Ok, and this is a little embarrassing , I originally thought the Burma corps could be reinforced with Indian MPPs...ooops!

Cheers,

C

No worries!

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Can't reinforce Burma Corps??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI