Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/2/2019 9:20:14 PM   
gdpsnake1979

The update 1.16 does not execute. It says the file cannot be accessed or I don't have the permissions to run it after I extract it and run.
I've downloaded 3 different times (only FTP #2 on the matrix site worked), used run as administrator as well. This is not for steam.
This is not the beta or at least does not say it's a beta but the panzerfaust upgrade.
Any ideas?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 31
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 12:24:03 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi gdpsnake1979,

Perhaps you'll need to right click on the extracted EXE and select Run as Administrator?

Hubert

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 32
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 12:43:43 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Odenathus

Hi, sadly I'm very simple when it comes to PCs: I do know how directory paths and folders work. Installed the new update but the Community Pack content disappeared. I've got the folder that contains the Community Pack games. Now, does this have to be copied to a new sub-directory, or renamed?

If you're kind enough to answer do please keep it childishly clear.

Cheers

Hi Odenathus,

You are not doing anything wrong as the existing Community Pack campaigns are at the moment incompatible with v1.16.00 and this is why they are no longer showing in the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen.

These have also been updated and will be packaged and released shortly so that you can continue playing them under v1.16.00

Hubert

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 33
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 12:45:47 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53

quote:

Hi, sadly I'm very simple when it comes to PCs: I do know how directory paths and folders work. Installed the new update but the Community Pack content disappeared. I've got the folder that contains the Community Pack games. Now, does this have to be copied to a new sub-directory, or renamed?

Cheers

quote:

From ..\CommunityPack to ..\Community Pack\Campaigns

I had to do the following.
Check if you still have ..\CommunityPack
It should contain all the necessary files and directories

For ease of use create a new directoryin the game folder (if not already present)
..\Community Pack
Create sub folder if not already present
..\Campaigns

Now copy content from ..\CommunityPack to ..\Community Pack\Campaigns

Check
If it works you can opt to clean up the old file and directory

DISCLAIMER, mess around at your own risk.

Hi Simulacra53,

My guess is you had previously applied the v1.16.00 Beta? If so then moving the Community Pack campaigns as you've described would work as they would be compatible with the official v1.16.00 release. However, for those that have not applied the Beta, the updated Community Pack will resolve the issue shortly.

Hubert

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 34
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 1:03:25 AM   
kessler1975

reapply patch 1.15.02 to be able to play ongoing games, but each time i load u game i got failed(draw-frontline-border-on-map-surface) error.Someone else got this.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 35
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 5:53:40 AM   
El Condoro

Units can be upgraded when adjacent to enemy units now. This is not listed in the fixes, features etc. that I can see. Was it intended?

[Edit]: I missed the fact that France has not declared war on Germany in turn 1, which is when I could upgrade. If I could delete this post I would.

< Message edited by El Condoro -- 5/3/2019 8:48:44 AM >

(in reply to kessler1975)
Post #: 36
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 6:05:51 AM   
Simulacra53

Just as feedback, no it was the full Steam patch, not the beta thread.
I run a Steam version on desktop and non-Steam on laptop.

Also did a file verification on Steam after manually removing directories - call it exploratory testing.

I did not take notes

These steps solved my problem, it may work for others or give some info - but needs confirmation / replication.

Nothing too big.

EDIT: for the record
Just deleted the Steam install
Reinstalled a clean 1.16

The community pack was not working.
The new directory structure is created (..\Community Pack\Campaigns), but the community pack files themselves are in the old directory (..\CommunityPack)

Hope this helps a little

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 5/3/2019 6:26:19 AM >

(in reply to El Condoro)
Post #: 37
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 8:04:44 AM   
Simulacra53

Found another 1.6 Panzerfaust issue (or at least I never noticed before)

The standard Campaign directory structure contains Bitmap\Major_04 folder with unit_sprites that will overrule the mod in the regular Bitmap\Major_04 folder

Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Campaigns\_CAMPAIGN-NAME\Bitmaps\Major_04

will override

Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Bitmaps\Major_04
So either the mod has to include the Campaign folders, alternatively you can remove or rename the _CAMPAIGN-NAME\Bitmaps folder
(EDIT - looks like you need to add the extra Campaign Bitmap folders).

Not sure why the Campaign folders needs to have a separate unit_sprites set for the Soviet Union?

The good news - other than this the WaW mod IronX seems to work on WiE, including flags (except the campaign folders)

WaW > WiE 1.5

ALM = Allied minor
AXM = Axis minor
M01 = Britain (same 1.5)
M02 = France (same 1.5)
M03 = USA (same 1.5)
M04 = Soviet (same 1.5)
M05 = Poland (same 1.5)
M06 = China (n/a 1.5)
M07 = Britain/India (Germany 1.5)
M08 = Germany (Italy 1.5)
M09 = Italy (n/a 1.5)
M10 = Japan (n/a 1.5)

Now WaW = WiE 1.6

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 5/3/2019 8:46:56 AM >

Post #: 38
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 8:33:24 AM   
Sugar

What's WoE?

Post #: 39
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 8:44:30 AM   
Simulacra53

That's a typo

War over Europe instead of War in Europe, old air nut, sorry.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 40
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 10:44:41 AM   
Sugar

A link to V 1.15.02 would be nice (not Steam).

Post #: 41
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 11:26:02 AM   
Hartmann301

Hi, I'm not able to get the game running this morning. It keeps saying "Failed to extract project file to memory"

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 42
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 11:44:04 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: kessler1975

reapply patch 1.15.02 to be able to play ongoing games, but each time i load u game i got failed(draw-frontline-border-on-map-surface) error.Someone else got this.

Reapplying the 1.15.02 patch after installing v1.16.00 is likely to cause issues, your best bet is to uninstall the game, reinstall the original game and then apply the 1.15.02 patch after that.

(in reply to kessler1975)
Post #: 43
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 11:46:13 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Just as feedback, no it was the full Steam patch, not the beta thread.
I run a Steam version on desktop and non-Steam on laptop.

Also did a file verification on Steam after manually removing directories - call it exploratory testing.

I did not take notes

These steps solved my problem, it may work for others or give some info - but needs confirmation / replication.

Nothing too big.

EDIT: for the record
Just deleted the Steam install
Reinstalled a clean 1.16

The community pack was not working.
The new directory structure is created (..\Community Pack\Campaigns), but the community pack files themselves are in the old directory (..\CommunityPack)

Hope this helps a little

Thanks and that does clarify it if you are running the Steam version as it looks like the Community Pack is indeed installing to the incorrect directory when updating. Moving it as you've done resolves it for now and we are looking into correcting this as soon as possible as well as to sort out the Matrix install of the Community Pack.

Post #: 44
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 12:52:19 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

The standard Campaign directory structure contains Bitmap\Major_04 folder with unit_sprites that will overrule the mod in the regular Bitmap\Major_04 folder

will override

So either the mod has to include the Campaign folders, alternatively you can remove or rename the _CAMPAIGN-NAME\Bitmaps folder

Not sure why the Campaign folders needs to have a separate unit_sprites set for the Soviet Union?

The good news - other than this the WaW mod IronX seems to work on WiE, including flags (except the campaign folders)

WaW > WiE 1.5

ALM = Allied minor
AXM = Axis minor
M01 = Britain (same 1.5)
M02 = France (same 1.5)
M03 = USA (same 1.5)
M04 = Soviet (same 1.5)
M05 = Poland (same 1.5)
M06 = China (n/a 1.5)
M09 = Italy (n/a 1.5)
M10 = Japan (n/a 1.5)

Now WaW = WiE 1.6

Hi Simulacra53,

Thanks for this and in a technical sense this is not actually an issue, but a feature that allows campaigns to modify the default graphics as needed, including the default campaigns.

The reason for this is that for the USSR, we have our own modification in place that alters the default Pillbox slot to allow the Soviets to have specialized Shock Troops instead.

This is why the Bitmaps\Major_04 folder is included in the campaign subfolder, and the good news is that any other graphical mod, such as the IronX mod, can be structured to also overwrite campaign modfications as needed, which the IronX mod does.

Hopefully this makes sense,
Hubert

Post #: 45
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 12:53:38 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hartmann301

Hi, I'm not able to get the game running this morning. It keeps saying "Failed to extract project file to memory"

Was it previously working? If so, then I would suggest perhaps a reboot might resolve the issue?

If it is due to something else, and if you can outline what changes you possibly made, this will help us track down the issue.

Hubert

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 46
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 1:03:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Cheers

For the Matrix version of the Community Pack, the download link and installer can be found here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/members/publicDL.asp?gid=714

It will properly install to your USER folder for the game and I can confirm it works as expected.

Hubert

(in reply to Odenathus)
Post #: 47
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 3:26:25 PM   
Cataphract88

For the Matrix version of the Community Pack, the download link and installer can be found here:

It will properly install to your USER folder for the game and I can confirm it works as expected.

Hubert

Sorry, Hubert, but which of the Community Packs is the latest, because the dates/version numbers seem to contradict each other?

< Message edited by Cataphract88 -- 5/3/2019 3:27:30 PM >

Richard

Post #: 48
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 3:45:57 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cataphract88

Hubert

Sorry, Hubert, but which of the Community Packs is the latest, because the dates/version numbers seem to contradict each other?

you are right, it is confusing! Which one to use?

Tony

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 49
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 4:17:32 PM   
dox44

you mean like? 116 bottom link 110 top link? which version you have?

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 50
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 4:32:03 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

will override

WaW > WiE 1.5

ALM = Allied minor
AXM = Axis minor
M01 = Britain (same 1.5)
M02 = France (same 1.5)
M03 = USA (same 1.5)
M04 = Soviet (same 1.5)
M05 = Poland (same 1.5)
M06 = China (n/a 1.5)
M09 = Italy (n/a 1.5)
M10 = Japan (n/a 1.5)

Now WaW = WiE 1.6

Hi Simulacra53,

Thanks for this and in a technical sense this is not actually an issue, but a feature that allows campaigns to modify the default graphics as needed, including the default campaigns.

The reason for this is that for the USSR, we have our own modification in place that alters the default Pillbox slot to allow the Soviets to have specialized Shock Troops instead.

This is why the Bitmaps\Major_04 folder is included in the campaign subfolder, and the good news is that any other graphical mod, such as the IronX mod, can be structured to also overwrite campaign modfications as needed, which the IronX mod does.

Hopefully this makes sense,
Hubert

Thanks for taking time to explain the mechanics, I suspected something like a variable sprite set but I was too lazy to compare them all.
Looking forward to playing with the latest patch!

Post #: 51
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 4:36:44 PM   
Hubert Cater

Apologies for the confusion.

1) If you are keeping v1.15.02 or have reverted to v1.15.02, then install the community pack listed as v1.10 (if you've already installed a community pack prior to the v1.16.00 update then reinstalling should not be necessary)

2) If you've updated to v1.16.00, then install the community pack listed as v1.16.00

In the meantime, I'll see if we can get that page to be a bit more intuitive.

(in reply to dox44)
Post #: 52
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 5:09:30 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Apologies for the confusion.

1) If you are keeping v1.15.02 or have reverted to v1.15.02, then install the community pack listed as v1.10 (if you've already installed a community pack prior to the v1.16.00 update then reinstalling should not be necessary)

2) If you've updated to v1.16.00, then install the community pack listed as v1.16.00

In the meantime, I'll see if we can get that page to be a bit more intuitive.

It's OK! It generally doesn't take too much to confuse me!!

Tony

Post #: 53
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/3/2019 9:34:56 PM   
Cataphract88

Thanks for the clarification, Hubert.

Richard

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 54
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/4/2019 6:02:19 AM   
HannoMeier

Dear Hubert, we are in the middle of very interesting Campaign games. I won't start any new with 1.15.02, but I really would like to finish them - the 3 month limit until you disable the PBEM mode for the ongoing 1.15.02 games is by far too short. Please keep it active for longer.

Thanks,
Hanno

< Message edited by HannoMeier -- 5/4/2019 7:00:10 AM >

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 55
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/4/2019 8:05:45 PM   
elveranomaslargo

¿Is it any way to keep playing the current games (without Steam)?

¿Will it work to uninstall everything and add patch 1.15.02 if somebody have it?

(in reply to HannoMeier)
Post #: 56
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/4/2019 8:49:01 PM   
Odenathus

Cheers Hubert, installed and it seems to work fine now

Thanks

Post #: 57
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 2:16:49 AM   
jjdenver

quote:

Tactical Bombers' De-Moralization value increased to 30%, and their attack values reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 against Soft and Hard targets.
• Medium Bombers' De-Moralization value increased to 50%, and their attack values reduced from 1.5 to 0.5 against all land targets.

Man I hope this reduces the destructive power of planes enough because when I played this game last year it was out of control.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 58
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 12:18:27 PM   
David Hansen

Is the game now "safe" to buy after the last patch issues?

(in reply to gdpsnake1979)
Post #: 59
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/5/2019 12:36:26 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Yes great game. Authors are very diligent to clear up any tech issues, never an issue.

I'd buy on Matrix and transfer code to Steam (if u use Steam). Goes on sale from time to time.

Changed post

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 5/5/2019 1:21:07 PM >

(in reply to David Hansen)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI