Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/7/2019 11:45:37 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Ok this might be a Steam only issue then, we'll investigate further and issue a fix as needed.

Have you guys been able to reproduce my issue? Anyone else tried to make a mod and play it without success on steam?

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/7/2019 11:48:39 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 91
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 12:50:16 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Hubert, I followed your instructions precisely. The converter apparently worked - at least it reported that it did - but the campaigns are not selectable from the game menu. The editor can see the campaigns but cannot load them, as it yields a read fail error on all of them (my hard drive is fine, I checked).

Apparently I have lost ten modified campaigns to this “upgrade.” Moral: don’t ever, ever change campaign formats.

quote:

Steely Glint

Unfortunately there was no way around not changing the campaign format if we wanted to bring War in Europe up to the same standard as World at War.

The good news is that I've found the issue and we should have a hotfix ready to resolve this for anyone wishing to updgrade their custom campaigns like yourself.

We hope to have this in the next few days, and again my apologies for the inconvenience. In the meantime, please don't discard your custom campaigns just yet.

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 92
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 12:51:26 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

I had the same issue after following your steps Hubert.

There is a fix on the way, please do not discard your custom campaign conversions just yet.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 93
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 1:24:45 AM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Have you guys been able to reproduce my issue? Anyone else tried to make a mod and play it without success on steam?

I've been testing with our latest Steam build and I am unable to repeat the issue, so either it is still something I've been unable to reproduce, or it is ideally now fixed for the next update.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 94
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 2:38:38 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

I've been testing with our latest Steam build and I am unable to repeat the issue, so either it is still something I've been unable to reproduce, or it is ideally now fixed for the next update.

Hope so I've tried everything. It is so weird how it deletes my modded campaign from the user campaign folder and puts it in the backup campaigns folder. What are the campaign backup folders for anyway? Every time I delete them they reappear...

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 5/8/2019 2:40:01 AM >

Post #: 95
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 4:24:36 AM   
Steely Glint

Thanks, Hubert. I’ll wait patiently for the fix.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 96
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 5:21:03 AM   
rjh1971

quote:

quote:

I had the same issue after following your steps Hubert.

There is a fix on the way, please do not discard your custom campaign conversions just yet.

Great!
Btw the version I use is the matrix one.
Thanks Hubert.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Post #: 97
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 12:25:37 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Hope so I've tried everything. It is so weird how it deletes my modded campaign from the user campaign folder and puts it in the backup campaigns folder. What are the campaign backup folders for anyway? Every time I delete them they reappear...

On the Steam Library page for the game, one thing you could try (for now) is to disable the Community Pack by removing the tick in the check box for it.

Also, and just to confirm, is this for the legacy version of the game, i.e. v1.15.02, or for v1.16.00?

The Backup is created when the Community Pack installs, to backup the previous campaigns before it installs. Sounds like it is constantly installing on your end for some reason. But for v1.16.00 it should be installing to the application folder instead of the USER folder which is why this is all very confusing.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 98
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 2:17:50 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I don't know if this has been discussed.

I am currently running Steam (1.15.02 beta) & Matrix (1.16). My Matrix 1.16 games appear payable in Steam (1.15.02) but not vice versa.

Post #: 99
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 3:00:08 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi PvtBenjamin,

Which games are these? PBEM++ games or saved games against the computer etc.?

Hubert

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 100
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 3:38:24 PM   
Hubert Cater

The new hotfix has been posted, for those that were having issues, could you confirm that this now resolves it for you?

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4629122

Post #: 101
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 5:09:37 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

The new hotfix has been posted, for those that were having issues, could you confirm that this now resolves it for you?

Working now! Uninstalled everything and updated. I think I figured out the culprit. When I loaded the editor my avast antivirus went off and put the editor file in my virus chest. Had to make an exception and restore. Installed the community pack as well and everything seems to be fine now. Thanks for your help with all of this!

Post #: 102
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 5:37:46 PM   
Tanaka

Curious are the patches now the same for WIE and WAW? For instance I noticed the fortification entrenchment for WIE has been upped to 4 but in WAW it still remains 3?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 103
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 5:51:46 PM   
PvtBenjamin

quote:

Hi PvtBenjamin,

Which games are these? PBEM++ games or saved games against the computer etc.?

Hubert

Hi Hubert,

All PBEM. Right click doesn't work now in 1.15.02 (steam) but works in Matrix 1.16

ty

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 5/8/2019 6:08:29 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 104
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:19:10 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

All PBEM. Right click doesn't work now in 1.15.02 (steam) but works in Matrix 1.16

This is likely an oversight, where a player has one version installed under Steam and another under Matrix. I wouldn't advise attempting to play a v1.16 PBEM game under 1.15.02. It likely would corrupt your PBEM game.

For the right click, there was an issue under the old builds of WiE where the setting value was reversed from what it should be, so this would explain why it works under v1.16 and does not under v1.15.02.

To work around this where you have two different builds installed at the same time, which share the same SC3.ini file, you'll have to go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED and change the setting each time when you go back and forth between versions.

Unfortunately no way around this until you fully move on to v1.16 for both Steam and Matrix.

Post #: 105
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:19:40 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Working now! Uninstalled everything and updated. I think I figured out the culprit. When I loaded the editor my avast antivirus went off and put the editor file in my virus chest. Had to make an exception and restore. Installed the community pack as well and everything seems to be fine now. Thanks for your help with all of this!

Great!

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 106
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:20:37 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Curious are the patches now the same for WIE and WAW? For instance I noticed the fortification entrenchment for WIE has been upped to 4 but in WAW it still remains 3?

Our goal is to bring both games to the same standard, it is just that the World at War patch has yet to be released that will incorporate this same change. Hopefully soon though.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 107
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:32:48 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Great!

False alarm. It did it again dammit. Back to the drawing board...

Post #: 108
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:36:16 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Our goal is to bring both games to the same standard, it is just that the World at War patch has yet to be released that will incorporate this same change. Hopefully soon though.

Gotcha thanks!

Post #: 109
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 6:46:18 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

quote:

Great!

Ok so I have uninstalled the community pack and I think it is working now. I think it has to do something with those backup folders being made. Crossing fingers this stays working!

Post #: 110
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 7:16:20 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I have a new PC just installed SC3 on Matrix & Steam. Manual won't come up on either. Does anyone know what I need to do?

ty

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 111
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 8:32:10 PM   
IronX

As an interim solution, you can find the manuals on your hard drive

Matrix Version:

- X:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Manuals

Steam Version:

- X:\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe\Manuals

Post #: 112
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 8:34:50 PM   
Taxman66

Options:
Get the hot fix or
Find the Manual and rename it adding "_EN".

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to IronX)
Post #: 113
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 8:51:09 PM   
PvtBenjamin

thanks x2

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 114
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/8/2019 9:05:34 PM   
Tanaka

Happy to report that after uninstalling the community pack my editor problems have been solved. Hope you guys can fix that issue.

Post #: 115
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 4:50:55 AM   
rjh1971

quote:

I got it to work, converted 653N campaign to v1.16.01 without any issues and now it shows on the games available.
Another thing is if any errors may show up while playing, but that's another story.

Good job Hubert

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

Post #: 116
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 6:36:25 AM   
Steely Glint

I got it to work on three of the ten scenarios. Fortunately two of those scenarios were the two most important ones, so I’m good enough.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 117
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 11:48:43 AM   
nnason

Hubert,
I am sure most people on this thread understand how difficult it is to field a major upgrade without any glitches across so many people. So I am sure that we all feel the support is great despite the glitches. ANYWAY, THANKS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT!

A request. I don't have this problem see, "You can have your cake and eat it too" earlier in this thread. But could you post the URLs to the code that are needed to take someone from their original install to 1.15.02. This is so they can have both 1.15.02 and 1.16 installed at the same time as I have. Thus they can play current and old games (1.15.02) and also start new ones at the new baseline of 1.16.

Thanks,

< Message edited by nnason -- 5/9/2019 11:51:46 AM >

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 118
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 12:24:57 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I was running 1.15.02 on Steam and 1.16 on Matrix. Switched both to 1.16 I'm not sure they play well together. I had one very interesting game ('43) that I would have preferred to end. Not the end of the world.

To nnason's point.

Agreed.

The authors dedication to listening to players and improving the game is unparalleled and hope everyone focuses on that.

To Hubert: "No good deed goes unpunished" my man

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 119
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 1:06:04 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

A request. I don't have this problem see, "You can have your cake and eat it too" earlier in this thread. But could you post the URLs to the code that are needed to take someone from their original install to 1.15.02. This is so they can have both 1.15.02 and 1.16 installed at the same time as I have. Thus they can play current and old games (1.15.02) and also start new ones at the new baseline of 1.16.

Let me see what I can do as I unfortunately don't control what builds are listed in the Members Downloads area, but I will pass on this request to hopefully get the ball rolling in that direction.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI