Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update”

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 1:06:54 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin
I was running 1.15.02 on Steam and 1.16 on Matrix. Switched both to 1.16 I'm not sure they play well together. I had one very interesting game ('43) that I would have preferred to end. Not the end of the world.

To nnason's point.

Agreed.

The authors dedication to listening to players and improving the game is unparalleled and hope everyone focuses on that.

To Hubert: "No good deed goes unpunished" my man

Thanks everyone, and we really do appreciate your patience and understanding on this one

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 121
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 3:59:34 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

A request. I don't have this problem see, "You can have your cake and eat it too" earlier in this thread. But could you post the URLs to the code that are needed to take someone from their original install to 1.15.02. This is so they can have both 1.15.02 and 1.16 installed at the same time as I have. Thus they can play current and old games (1.15.02) and also start new ones at the new baseline of 1.16.

Let me see what I can do as I unfortunately don't control what builds are listed in the Members Downloads area, but I will pass on this request to hopefully get the ball rolling in that direction.

Here is a link to the patch https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnxq1rntc6wllkq/StrategicCommand-UpdateComp-v1.15.02.exe?dl=0

If I should not post this link just say so and I will delete it, but I don't think there should be any problem.

Edit: Forgot to say it's for the Matrix version.

< Message edited by rjh1971 -- 5/9/2019 4:00:58 PM >

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 122
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/9/2019 6:52:14 PM   
nnason

rjh1971,

Perfect!

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 123
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 3:15:43 PM   
ArmouredLion

First, I want to say the alterartions to the game has me hooked on it. I'm a picky pain in the arse gamer... and you seemed to nail all the 'complaints' I had for the game. REALLY loving it. Loved so much of it before, but a few of my nit-pickings got in the way. Very grateful for your efforts... Bravo.

Question though: been playing three games to begin my move up from novice at SC, I'm Britain in one game and my opponent is trying Opertaion Sea Lion... and I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is a glitch or my inexperience.

My aircraft carriers are set to navy/Tactical and auto and they can attack certain ships (grouped about the English channel) but not others. Two carriers on same ships are given different results on whether they can attack a ship or not. Let me try to clarify a bit more. The airstrike cursor of one carrier flashes yellow but shows no results. I took another carrier and I could attack only one ship amongst many (a ship the other carrier couldn't attack)... I could also attack a port with that carrier. Weather doesn't appear to be a factor. Seemed very weird though... any wisdom would be appreciated as the game will likely swing on the next few rounds.

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 124
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 3:27:28 PM   
Hartmann301

I just made a Russian sub dive several times and it didn't take a loss. Wasn't that one of the changes?

(in reply to ArmouredLion)
Post #: 125
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 3:42:17 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Subs will now have a 25% chance of receiving at least a single strength point loss when diving from attack.

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 126
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 4:32:15 PM   
Hartmann301

Oh okay...thanks

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 127
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 8:02:29 PM   
ArmouredLion

Just an update... my above comment was with the Steam version... I loaded my matrix version, updated and used it on my turn.. no problems at all. So, I'm seeing some glitches with my Steam version compared to my matrix one... All is good now. Maybe it's my comp. and the steam version, maybe it's the Steam version in general... Glad I'm back in buisness though.... :)

< Message edited by ArmouredLion -- 5/17/2019 8:09:09 PM >

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 128
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/17/2019 9:14:55 PM   
ArmouredLion

I may have spoken too soon... loaded my matrix version all was fine... going through my round and my carrier could attack... I moved one to get close then neither could launch an attack on anything.

Post #: 129
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/18/2019 12:46:39 AM   
Hubert Cater

Hi ArmouredLion,

Difficult to understand without seeing the issue first hand. Is it possible to post screenshots? If not could you send me screenshots with a further description to support@furysoftware.com?

Hubert

Post #: 130
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/18/2019 1:02:50 AM   
ArmouredLion

I'll make a video and post it on YT, then put the link in a reply tomorrow. Maybe I'm jackassing it up... thanks, sir...

Post #: 131
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/18/2019 6:43:09 PM   
ArmouredLion

Hey, here you go... am I somehow jackassing it up? Or is it a legit issue... thanks! Link to vid below:

https://youtu.be/COxWs4Qg3RQ

Post #: 132
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/18/2019 7:42:54 PM   
ArmouredLion

Ahhh some 'nice' fella' told me it's stormy seas... with an OMG. I do miss the days of board games when people were in arms reach. Didn't even notice they were stormy. Got it...

Post #: 133
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/20/2019 3:05:32 PM   
Steely Glint

Just checking in to report everything is finally working. I do get a weird error when saving while using the editor but it hasn’t affected anything so what the heck.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

Post #: 134
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/23/2019 11:41:43 PM   
Hairog

Sooo, is there a way to have your modified graphics show up in the editor? I see no choice in the menues. Kind of important for modding.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 135
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/24/2019 12:34:50 PM   
TheBattlefield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hairog

Sooo, is there a way to have your modified graphics show up in the editor? I see no choice in the menues. Kind of important for modding.

I did not find such a function in the editor either. I'm afraid the "mod-selection" function has so far only effect on the game mode, but not on the presentation in the editor. The mod development should probably continue to take place via the classic installation path and only after the completion the takeover into the "Mod" folder is useful.

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 136
RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzer... - 5/24/2019 3:40:20 PM   
Hairog

Oh, too bad.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to TheBattlefield)
Post #: 137
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe – The “Panzerfaust Update” Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI