Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) - 6/17/2019 2:11:09 PM   
Beria

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
I think it would be interesting to combine your opening with a super Lvov appraoch that traps 16th army west of Zhitomir too. I recall that it is possible when toying around with it, but not sure if it can be done in a not-messy way...

This would be the next development. What I have posted here is a game with a hodge podge of different ideas. I would be very interested in anyone trying the idea of the fast east openings tried here for the North- post what happened! Also some have told me they are looking at Timmeh's opening in the South tried here to see if they can use it and improve on it - so this may not be the last word on that either!
+1

quote:

I suspect they are Beria's top ten!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Beria
Hate to say this guys, but Brief Encounter seems to me a chick flick.

Philistine!

Trashier the better

< Message edited by Beria -- 6/17/2019 2:12:38 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 121
RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) - 6/17/2019 2:19:17 PM   
joelmar

Because the supplies are there anyway, being a bit messy on the first turn is not so bad I think?

"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 122
RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) - 6/17/2019 3:05:10 PM   
Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist
I think it would be interesting to combine your opening with a super Lvov appraoch that traps 16th army west of Zhitomir too. I recall that it is possible when toying around with it, but not sure if it can be done in a not-messy way...

This would be the next development. What I have posted here is a game with a hodge podge of different ideas. I would be very interested in anyone trying the idea of the fast east openings tried here for the North- post what happened! Also some have told me they are looking at Timmeh's opening in the South tried here to see if they can use it and improve on it - so this may not be the last word on that either!
+1

quote:

I suspect they are Beria's top ten!
quote:

Hate to say this guys, but Brief Encounter seems to me a chick flick.

Philistine!

Trashier the better

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Beria)
Post #: 123
RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) - 5/24/2020 6:51:59 AM   
eskuche

As requested by Telemecus, presenting the sequel featuring Richard Burton and Sofia Loren: Briefer Encounter, whereby German High Command absconds on a Ju 52/m turn 2 upon finding their lover escaping upon a Lisunov-2.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 124
RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) - 5/24/2020 10:13:23 AM   
Telemecus

I am still very proud of this AAR for what I think is the shortest game with a full AAR here. And can point to this for genuine new ideas about how to run these early turns. Plus remember some classic cinema! It seems the young guns are outdoing me here! The fad for single-digit game AARs continues!

Now eskuche do you really know who Sofia Loren is? - or did you have to google to find out who she is?

BTW personal family fact my mum actually was in a film with Sofia Loren, Cary Grant and Frank Sinatra (eskuche - google them! ) and I found the scenes of them on youtube!

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/24/2020 10:23:04 AM >

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to eskuche)
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Brief Encounter, Telemecus (Axis) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI