Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Country Requests - Raise your hand!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Research >> Country Requests - Raise your hand! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/6/2019 2:48:35 PM   
Tamas

Post here please if you would like to have other country-specific subforums opened for discussion.

It would help your cause greatly if you could also offer to post something in it to get the work started. :) Links to study, etc.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/6/2019 9:06:49 PM   
exsonic01

East Asian countries
1) RoK (Republic of Korea) or South Korea
2) DPRK (Democratic People's Republic of Korea) or North Korea
3) PRC (People's Republic of China) or China
4) Japan (if possible)

Most of South Korean equipment and weapons are US ones or based on US ones. Same goes to North Korea and China, most of their weapons and vehicles are Soviet ones or variants based on Soviet ones. As a result, I think copying of US datasheet for South Korea, and Russian datasheet for North Korea (and China also) would be a good starting point. Later, me or other people might include more data with sources.

Just curiosity: I heard that devs are currently working for Steam version of AB. Is this datasheet and forum also shared with Steam? Or will there be additional separate version of research forum via Steam?

Thank you

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 2
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/7/2019 8:56:04 AM   
Tamas

quote:

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

East Asian countries
4) Japan (if possible)

Most of South Korean equipment and weapons are US ones or based on US ones. Same goes to North Korea and China, most of their weapons and vehicles are Soviet ones or variants based on Soviet ones. As a result, I think copying of US datasheet for South Korea, and Russian datasheet for North Korea (and China also) would be a good starting point. Later, me or other people might include more data with sources.

Just curiosity: I heard that devs are currently working for Steam version of AB. Is this datasheet and forum also shared with Steam? Or will there be additional separate version of research forum via Steam?

Thank you

The intention is to have a common discussion board for equipment&OOB that the devs and the community can use, so we'll not do a separate Steam one, but obviously anyone from the Steam forum is welcome to contribute here.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/13/2019 8:09:41 PM   
Jo van der Pluym

Netherlands

Has a mix of German, French, US and British equipment.

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 4
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/14/2019 7:25:32 PM   
edb1815

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

Netherlands

Has a mix of German, French, US and British equipment.

A second for the Netherlands!

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 5
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/17/2019 3:26:11 PM   
rgeiger

I would add a request for Switzerland. Of course I am biased..

In the time period covered by AB an interesting mix of German, British, US and French equipment was in use, as well as some very interesting tanks and vehicles produced in Switzerland and used only by us.

Also, the mountainous, cut terrain may be an interesting choice for tactical battles.

I don't know if Switzerland's reliance on fixed gun emplacements, prepared obstacles and bridges, tunnels etc. prepared for immediate desctruction can be modelled in the game engine...

What I have on hand are the official (and unclassified) tank recognition field manuals from 72 and 77 (issued to my father during his time as an AT platoon commander and company commander) covering Swiss and potential NATO and WAPA opponents. I also have my own experience and FMs, although my own service as an artillery platoon (and deputy battery commander) is a bit out of the timeframe (1998 to 2016). I'd also have to check for potential classification on the later FMs. No detailed info regarding armour penetration, I am afraid. It might be a possibility for me to contact the Swiss Tank Museum at Thun Barracks for research regarding the Swiss developed tanks.

I think the mix of challenging terain, unique vehicles and very particular doctrine might make Switzerland an interesting choice for the future.

I now rest my case.

< Message edited by rgeiger -- 6/17/2019 3:27:35 PM >

(in reply to edb1815)
Post #: 6
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/17/2019 3:42:19 PM   
nikolas93TS

Netherlands was already in the freeware database (as was Sweden and Norway). A very interesting faction in my opinion. There is an excellent website (https://www.orbat85.nl/) which is a good starting point.

By the way, this thread is for requiring opening of country specific sub-forums in case you can help out with research. We have seen some people working privately on new factions, and we wanted to encourage them to share the research data. If latter is good, it can speed up official adding of that faction in the game (with new sprites, map etc.).

Also, corrections on existing factions are also highly welcome. We still have a lot to expand on some of those (particularly on US and Soviets), particularly in terms of unit formations.

(in reply to rgeiger)
Post #: 7
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/27/2019 8:54:25 AM   
Panzerfan

I'd also like to request switzerland, I also have some good source books and a couple of old FMs.
I could also try to get some more sources from the Swiss military museum in Full, i sometimes work there as a guide and monitor

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 8
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/27/2019 3:51:38 PM   
Talisman

Assuming you'd entertain countries outside the ETO, I'd like to throw SOUTH AFRICA, ANGOLA and CUBA into the mix. The conflict between these three nations (as superpower proxies) ebbed and flowed across southern Angola for roughly 15 years. While often characterised by low-intensity, high-mobility COIN operations, it escalated from '85 to '88 into an all out conventional confrontation (including brigade level mechanised/tank battles). Both historical and hypothetical scenarios would be really interesting and contrast nicely with the high-density, concentrated European stuff.

(in reply to Panzerfan)
Post #: 9
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/27/2019 7:52:16 PM   
rothscorn

Japan, please.

(in reply to Talisman)
Post #: 10
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 6/27/2019 8:45:56 PM   
exsonic01

Greece and Turkey?
1) Both joined NATO 1952, but their relation was always not that great.
2) Geopolitical location of two nations was very important to deny/blockade the Soviet Black Sea fleet into Mediterranean sea. (and it still is)
3) Greece is just below the Yugoslavia, and Turkey is right below the Greece. I have no idea about both nation's plan during cold war against PACT nations, but Greece has direct border against some PACT nations.

My personal favorite for other theater is still #1 Korea and #2 Israel, but watching & playing Greece and Turkey mode would be very interesting.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 6/27/2019 8:46:30 PM >

(in reply to rothscorn)
Post #: 11
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 7/12/2019 10:53:56 AM   
Mr9million

I would like to put in a vote for a Sweden sub-forum. As another user stated, the nation existed in the freeware version of the game so someone could probably extract information from there.

I also have a lot of relatives who did military service during the time period and know a lot about the weapon systems and vehicles.

When the game releases on steam I'm going to purchase it and am hoping to make a map of the Östgöta plain.

Here are some useful links that can be used as springboards to find further information! (They're in Swedish but you'll probably be able to translate it!)

sphf . se/svenskt-pansar/fordon/

pennanochsvardet . se/smb-rekommenderar/kuriosakabinettet/2157-svensk-pansarvaern-under-kalla-kriget

I do not have permission to post links so just copy and paste it into your search bar and remove the spaces in the links!

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 12
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 7/28/2019 3:30:25 PM   
Akmatov

Denmark, kinda basic considering WP probably intentions

(in reply to Mr9million)
Post #: 13
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 8/5/2019 6:42:31 PM   
Capocarro94

The game, for the moment, is centered on the "European theater" mainly on AFNORTH (the only finland that is not part, being neutral), NORTHAG (Northern German Plain), CENTAG (Fulda Gap), LANDSOUTH (North-East Italy).
I suggest to complete NATO and Warsaw Pact nations.

AFNORTH: Norway (NATO), ---(WP)
NORTHAG: Netherland, Belgium (NATO), Poland (WP)
CENTAG: France, Canada (NATO), Czechoslovakia (WP)
LANDSOUTH: ---(NATO), Hungary (WP)

< Message edited by Capocarro94 -- 8/5/2019 6:44:04 PM >

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 14
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 8/6/2019 2:08:43 AM   
Infierno

quote:

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

East Asian countries

Seconding these suggestions.

If the rule you followed brought you to this, of what use was the rule?

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 15
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 8/6/2019 9:22:46 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capocarro94

The game, for the moment, is centered on the "European theater" mainly on AFNORTH (the only finland that is not part, being neutral), NORTHAG (Northern German Plain), CENTAG (Fulda Gap), LANDSOUTH (North-East Italy).

+1

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to Capocarro94)
Post #: 16
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 9/2/2019 1:43:42 AM   
cmb20

I would like to see Turkey

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 17
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 9/25/2019 1:23:29 PM   
Hwakmoon

I would like to see something like Iraq/iran forces with a desert storm scenario

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 18
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 9/25/2019 2:03:23 PM   
nettlas

Sweden for sure, its location in the Baltic sea region with Gotland was vital for the Warsaw pact to invade and have control over. They got an interesting arsenal and veichel pool

(in reply to Hwakmoon)
Post #: 19
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 9/27/2019 4:03:50 AM   
nikolas93TS

For me Sweden, Norway and Denmark make sense to be released as a part of a single, Scandinavian DLC.

(in reply to nettlas)
Post #: 20
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/4/2019 6:32:47 AM   
MyKeyBlue

I think a fun couple nations would be Greece and Turkey being added defending Thrace against a new PACT nation (say Bulgaria or Romania). It would be an interesting area that honestly doesn't get enough focus from Cold War enthusiasts as honestly there would be a lot of focus from the Soviets on opening the Turkish straits IMO as there was during peace times. Not to mention how close we were to a WW3 during the Turkish Straits Crisis with Stalin, although that's not really in the scope of this game.

I'd of course really like to see Scandinavia and the Far East, both being irrefutable hot spots in the Cold War, but maybe consider giving Greece and Turkey a bit of love

(in reply to Tamas)
Post #: 21
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/4/2019 7:40:51 AM   
DoubleDeuce

I would go with the Middle East since most of the equipment is pretty much already in the base game with the US/Soviet forces. Turkey could be included as part of that or as a nation in a Southeast European DLC package mentioned by MyKeyBlue.

(in reply to MyKeyBlue)
Post #: 22
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/4/2019 9:12:54 AM   
kch

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikolas93TS

For me Sweden, Norway and Denmark make sense to be released as a part of a single, Scandinavian DLC.

It would be awesome, with a Gotland map (Sweden defending against a Soviet attack), a Finmark map (Norway vs Soviet in the snow) and Jutland map (Danish, German forces against DDR/Soviet) and/or Seeland (Danish vs Polish as part of a landing)

(in reply to nikolas93TS)
Post #: 23
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/14/2019 9:42:01 AM   
ChortleBuffer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hwakmoon

I would like to see something like Iraq/iran forces with a desert storm scenario

quote:

Same here.

I would like to see the Iran-Iraq war. I guess you already have all the models. Perhaps just shifting the colors in your paint package could shift them from Russian green over to a desert yellow?

< Message edited by ChortleBuffer -- 11/14/2019 9:44:11 AM >

(in reply to Hwakmoon)
Post #: 24
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/26/2019 10:14:55 PM   
Gratch1111

Suggested DLC`s

Sweden, Denmark, Norway, 3 Maps, Denmark flats, Norway mountains and Sweden forrest oob, SE is the hard one
Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Austria, Canada, Netherlands + 2 Maps Germany and Austria/Hungary border oob would be easy since its mostly sov Nato equipment
North and South Korea + Japan 2 maps oob, Japan is the hard one
Greece, Turkey, Bulgaria and Romania 1 map oob not very hard
Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Syria 2XDesert maps maps are the big work and Israel is a lot of equipment
China, Taiwan 1 map and you need marine assault mechanics Marine assault is the difficulty

(in reply to ChortleBuffer)
Post #: 25
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 12/20/2019 8:17:38 AM   
storm rider

Brasil

(in reply to Gratch1111)
Post #: 26
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 10/2/2020 8:25:43 AM   
zeeschuimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capocarro94

+1

(in reply to Capocarro94)
Post #: 27
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 10/2/2020 8:37:33 AM   
zeeschuimer

USAN (Union of South American Nations):
Chile, Equador, Argentina, Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Equador.

Next to that: Brasil, Venezuela, Panama and Cuba

(in reply to zeeschuimer)
Post #: 28
RE: Country Requests - Raise your hand! - 11/23/2020 1:02:46 PM   
rocketman71

quote:

ORIGINAL: kch

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikolas93TS

It would be awesome, with a Gotland map (Sweden defending against a Soviet attack), a Finmark map (Norway vs Soviet in the snow) and Jutland map (Danish, German forces against DDR/Soviet) and/or Seeland (Danish vs Polish as part of a landing)

If that was to happen I would buy the game instantly. Still on the fence about it due to too many games not being played enough.

(in reply to kch)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Research >> Country Requests - Raise your hand! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI