Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical - 6/28/2019 11:27:21 PM   
Alpha77

I think the AA with the latest patch/beta got better. Or the DBB mod. Here sorted for flak losses. This is a game vs. AI as you can easily see by the huge IJ losses and miniscule Allied losses (DBB, hard). Also of note many recons lost to AA seems the AI uses too low alt...I may post the screen from the PBM I play too later (Stock scen2)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Alpha77 -- 6/28/2019 11:28:44 PM >

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 31
RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical - 6/29/2019 2:00:15 AM   
spence

For any comparison between game results (Flak losses) and real WW2 results (Flak losses) it would seem Mods played on Hard or Very Hard (or whatever but not historical) or played past the time of Japan's actual surrender are irrelevant (I recognize that the AI is dumb and offers little competition once one has gotten used to it but only PBEMs and AI games played against a "historical AI" are going to be useful for comparing against the IMBIBLIO claim.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 32
RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical - 7/1/2019 1:03:41 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

You need to play the game to completion to see that in-game losses not only rival, but exceed the historical:

I have played the game to completion, but I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with your screen shot.

As of Dec 9th 1945 (over three months after the historical end of the war) you're showing 101,999 Japanese aircraft losses, including 3,458 to flak. The first number exceeds historical Japanese production, so the loss numbers must be inflated as well (which three more months of warfare would also imply). If we take 2,000 losses to USN flak as the actual figure, then that leaves well under 1,500 losses to every other source of flak - ALL land-based, RN, RAN, etc. That seems... unlikely.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 33
RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical - 7/1/2019 1:14:51 PM   
Gridley380

Thanks to those who posted data - I'm seeing Japanese losses due to flak as no higher than 1/3 the losses in air-to-air (and sometimes well under a tenth), and the Allied loss ratio running from 1:4 down to negligible. That's matching my experience with the game.

Whereas the AAF data has their losses to flak as 2/3 of those to hostile aircraft.

Still looking for more historical data if anyone has any to share!

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: AA Effectiveness: in-game vs. historical Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI