Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in China - House rules for more historical simulation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: War in China - House rules for more historical simulation Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in China - House rules for more historical simu... - 3/25/2020 8:43:12 PM   
peskpesk

Here is a example of the Border in MWIF

Attachment (1)

"'Malta - The Thorn in Rommel's Side"

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 31
RE: War in China - House rules for more historical simu... - 3/27/2020 4:37:47 PM   
rkr1958

For me I like to keep things simple. Well, not really, but I'm exploring a simpler approach based on the WiF scenarios. The chart below was built from the at-start forces in USSR Asia and Korea/Manchuria for several WiF scenarios. Here's my house rule for how to use the below chart.

Soviet-Japanese Tension
(1) The Soviet Union and Japanese Empire will maintain an uneasy peace throughout the game and until the August/September 1945 turn.
(2) The Soviets must maintain a defensive garrison (see table) with units placed within 3-hexes of any hex of Japanese controlled Manchuria and/or Korea.
(3) Japan must maintain a defensive garrison with units placed in Manchuria and/or Korea.
(4) Both the Soviets and Japanese are free to swap units out within their respective garrisons.
(5) Garrison requirements are specified in the table for the latest turn prior or equal to the current turn and only have to be met at the end of each turn.
(6) Ignore pact chits listed in table and are included for completeness only.
(7) If One or Both sides fail to satisfy their garrison requirements through honest error/miscalculation at the end of a given turn then this will be corrected as quickly as possible during the following turn.

I complement this house rule with Chinese attack weakness. Otherwise, play with the rules as coded.

Soviet-Japanese Garrison Table.

Note. Values inside the brackets, (e.g., [+1 inf]), indicate the change in the required garrison from the previous epoch.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/27/2020 4:43:58 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to peskpesk)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: War in China - House rules for more historical simulation Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI