Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrendering Allied minor countries

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Surrendering Allied minor countries Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrendering Allied minor countries - 7/21/2019 3:07:46 AM   
smckechnie

Can someone tell me the rules for surrender on the following countries in regards to other allied units being in the country.

So far it looks like this.

1. France surrenders. All other allied units in Vichy territories surrender. So have to make sure no Non French units are in Vichy territory when Frnace surrenders.

2. Egypt surrenders. Looks like all alled units in Egypt surrender when Egypt surrenders.

3. Malaysia: Not sure what happens here? So if allies have Indian Army unit in Malaysia if and when Japs take Singapore, unit surrenders?

4. Burma: Not sure what happens here either, but need to know, as it would be bad to have lots of allied units surrender in Burma if Japs take Capital.

5. Allied African minor countries conquered. Not sure what happens to other allied units in these countries if the capital is taken.

6. DEI- Looks like other allied units in DEI territory surrender, but not sure.

Also is it for sure that any allied minor that surrenders entire ground force automatically surrenders even if they are not in their own country. Example. Malaysia sends corps unit to DEI or Borneo.

Is the unit automatically surrendered if in Borneo and Singapore/ Malaysia is conquered?

Post #: 1
RE: Surrendering Allied minor countries - 7/22/2019 3:17:55 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi

When most countries surrender, any friendly units allied to that country will still exist and be able to carry on fighting.

However, in a special case like France's where scripts are run relating to the Vichy Decision, this isn't the case and any British or other Allied forces within the territory that became part of Vichy France will be interned and removed from play.

Any serving in the part of France that didn't become part of Vichy can continue fighting from there.

As to your last question, a Malayan unit would be lost when Malaya surrenders, so it would be best retaining it for defending its own country unless the war is going well, in which case risks can be taken that you wouldn't otherwise take.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrendering Allied minor countries - 7/22/2019 3:55:56 PM   
amandkm

Of course, with supply reduced to 0, it is difficult for them to be effective. Essentially, you have Xenophon's dilemma here, where they have to make their way to friendly turf before attrition or the Axis wipe them out.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Surrendering Allied minor countries Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI