Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A couple of questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 12:43:49 PM   
Hoplosternum

After a while away from WITPAE I have started to PBEM once more. But I appear to have forgotten quite a few things so thought I would ask some questions. I did try search but as usual didn’t get any useful hits

I cannot find a list of plane ranges (transfer or combat/extended) in a downloadable format. The information in Tracker on aircraft does not have (any) range values - in hexes or miles that I can see. Tracker does give me the endurance and cruise speed values and I vaguely remember that the range was a formulae of that? But that is then complicated by drop tanks...

Is there any such download? Or any such formula? Excel / spreadsheet / text file something like that is what I am after.

Secondly something wired happened in one of my games. The map changed after I accidentally pressed mouse buttons (possibly several) while putting my elbow on the keyboard pressing numerous keys. The map then had lots of little Es, SWs, S, N etc one in each hex! And I could not seem to get rid of them. I am hoping these will have gone by the time the turn comes back but just in case it happens again does anyone know how to get rid of these?

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 1:53:01 PM   
Dili

You can get range in game database, also in tracker it shows the range in aircraft , so i think you are missing something

Regarding the buttons click in "M" key to verify keyboard hotkeys.

(in reply to Hoplosternum)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 2:29:31 PM   
Trugrit

1) I don’t think there is an aircraft range list for download.

You don’t need that anyway. Use your range circles. Hot Key F3.

There is a Japanese Wire Chart with range Info in it. I don’t think there is an Allied one but I could be wrong.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2769286

2) You hit a hot key by mistake. It happens to me sometimes.

Learn the Hot Keys:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4462798

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 6:02:51 PM   
Kull

See this post for a method by which you can easily insert a Hotkey screen into the game (accessible by the click of a button). Very helpful.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 6:23:31 PM   
geofflambert

I have Hanzberger's Japanese Aircraft Wire Chart printed out and I consult it more than anything else. There are a couple of errors in it. The Rex is colored green as though it is IJA not IJN. No biggie. He doesn't list speeds for bombers, so I've penciled them in, where desired. It's not mentioned that the Seiran is a float plane, just as a torpedo bomber. That's really flipping important, but you can pencil it in.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 5
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 8:01:51 PM   
Hoplosternum

Thank you all so much.

Especially the Japanese wire chart. That looks really useful.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 6
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 10:24:44 PM   
geofflambert

My cat hasn't peed on my wire chart, yet. But you never know. She considers me to be a piece of furniture with a brush.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 10:31:46 PM   
Kull

There's probably a few old cats still doing hard time at Al-cat-raz for board game counter demolition.

Post #: 8
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 10:34:03 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

There's probably a few old cats still doing hard time at Al-cat-raz for board game counter demolition.

Ha ha ha ha....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 9
RE: A couple of questions - 8/1/2019 10:35:44 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

Happened to me. He's long gone, but I had a 4' x 8' game board with the battle of Austerlitz going. He got up there and outperformed General Mack considerably.

Oh, I guess it is of some signifigance. His name was Muffling.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 8/1/2019 10:37:18 PM >

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 10
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 1:24:46 AM   
Ian R

The easiest way to see aircraft range is to look in the editor. I don't use the ".csv" spreadsheet editor, but I suspect that will give it to you in specific columns in the aircraft data file.

On the hot keys - Edit - already answered.

"I am Alfred"

Post #: 11
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 11:47:14 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

Many years ago I had taken in a very sick stray cat that suffered from chronic diahrea (sp?).

I had set up a multi-player strategic European theater game that belonged to a friend in a spare bedroom that I endeavored to keep my many cats out of (I'm the neighborhood cat man).

Unfortunately, the sick stray found her way into the game room and deposited a load of very watery defecation directly in the middle of the game map.

I, of course, had to buy a replacement game for my friend.

In spite of that unpleasant experience, I remain to this day a true cat lover who has dedicated his life to caring for stray and injured cats.

My stories a couple of years ago about losing and recovering little Jojo in the aftermath of hurricane Irma were an example of how far I go in looking out for them.

In the past two years I took in two dying cats and provided hospice care for them because their owners wanted neither to deal with the emotional nor financial strain of shouldering that responsibility.

Wargaming is a hobby, but caring for cats is my life's work.

Hans

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 12
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 1:28:15 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

Had a cat many, many years ago who ate an armored division (can't remember what game it was from - some Avalon Hill title). We joked thereafter that he had a cast-iron stomach.

He was also a suspect in the chewing of several spotting markers for Avalon Hill's Midway. Of course since those markers were also used for the Coral Sea expansion he clearly just wanted to join one of the PBY night squadrons. :-)

I got into the habit of using the box top and bottom to cover as much of the active board as possible. I progressed to ensuring that I weighted them with rule books and other items.

No idea why cardboard counters were so appealing...

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 13
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 1:31:08 PM   
RangerJoe

I have a plaque that says:
"O.C.D.
Obsessive Cat Disorder"

I had a cat that comforted me - three weeks after she died.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 14
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 2:44:00 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

quote:

Had a cat many, many years ago who ate an armored division (can't remember what game it was from - some Avalon Hill title). We joked thereafter that he had a cast-iron stomach.

He was also a suspect in the chewing of several spotting markers for Avalon Hill's Midway. Of course since those markers were also used for the Coral Sea expansion he clearly just wanted to join one of the PBY night squadrons. :-)

I got into the habit of using the box top and bottom to cover as much of the active board as possible. I progressed to ensuring that I weighted them with rule books and other items.

No idea why cardboard counters were so appealing...

When I was young enough to be able to spend time on plastic models, I built a small fleet and my most prized was a recently-completed BB Richelieu, in 1/400 scale by Heller. Very expensive for my Lt. pay scale at the time.
So my brother goes on vacation and asks us to look after his cat. How can you say "No" even though I knew the cat to be cantankerous and spoiled beyond belief (they let it jump up on the kitchen counter while food was being prepared or sliced). Sure enough, it started clawing up furniture and curtains even though I had built a scratching post for it. When I was home I would shoo it off of high shelves where there were delicate things on display. One of these was the shelf that had my BB Richelieu model. One day I came home to find it on the shelf chewing on the delicate masts and rigging that was the hardest part of the model to build (had to melt plastic sprue and extrude it to get thin "wires" for the antennae).

I chased the cat off the shelf and around the house, seeking to shut it in a small room for a while as punishment. It ran into the basement and into the duct work. I left it there thinking it would come down when it got hungry/thirsty. It took days for it to finally reveal itself! Neither of us liked each other after that! I tolerate cats that are just doing normal climbing and checking out hiding spots, but I do not let them have their way in the kitchen or around things that can break easily.

My brother's cat ...

Attachment (1)

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 15
RE: A couple of questions - 8/2/2019 3:10:43 PM   
Trugrit

I’m a cat lover as well. I’ve taken in stray cats all my life.
I’ve never tried to own one, they choose me.

Cats are great buddies for men. They are natural hunters and mechanics.

What I’ve never figured out is why women like cats.

Cats lay around and are lazy all day, avoid work, they can wander off for long periods of time.
They get in fights, hunt, won’t come home and copulate with any female cat they can find.

Everything a woman loves about a cat she despises in a man.

Go figure!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 16
RE: A couple of questions - 8/3/2019 5:41:46 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trugrit

I’m a cat lover as well. I’ve taken in stray cats all my life.
I’ve never tried to own one, they choose me.

Cats are great buddies for men. They are natural hunters and mechanics.

What I’ve never figured out is why women like cats.

Cats lay around and are lazy all day, avoid work, they can wander off for long periods of time.
They get in fights, hunt, won’t come home and copulate with any female cat they can find.

Everything a woman loves about a cat she despises in a man.

Go figure!

Men are too stupid to do what cats do: recognize that the woman feeds them and suck up often!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A couple of questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI