Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World at War

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World at War Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World at War - 8/2/2019 4:03:13 PM   
Akmatov

I have both and just looking at the map, the two games look very similar, no surprise really as it geography. But wondering what is the difference in European play between the two.
Post #: 1
RE: Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World ... - 8/2/2019 5:27:18 PM   
Hartmann

Short answer: scale. (I expounded a bit more on that in your duplicate thread in the WAW forum.)

(in reply to Akmatov)
Post #: 2
RE: Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World ... - 8/2/2019 6:32:11 PM   
DeriKuk

Of course scale is the big difference, but under the hood WiE has the advantage of longer and deeper development. WaW has some irritating "features" [underdeveloped scripts] that more development and refinement can sort out. As much as I like WiE, my clear preference is for WaW. It lacks the "needless" minutiae of the smaller scale, and I feel that it has better balance and historical soundness.

On the other hand, its AI - especially the Allies - is as dumb as a box of rocks; e.g., when playing the Japanese I was waiting for the Allied counter-attack across the Pacific. Apart from a one-time scripted invasion of Java from the south, no other land invasions materialized. The USN "obediently" lines up on parade off the coast of Japan where you can pick it off piecemeal at your leisure. When the game ended, I was horrified to discover that New Guinea was covered in a solid carpet of Allied land units that were going nowhere. That was quite the disappointment, but with enough effort and time the scripts can be developed and refined to make it a great game. WaW has the greater potential. Play it as the Allies if you itch to play it.

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 3
RE: Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World ... - 8/3/2019 1:08:40 PM   
Hubert Cater

The latest build of World at War should see a bit of an improvement to the Pacific AI from the original release.

(in reply to DeriKuk)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Difference in Europe between War in Europe & World at War Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI