Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tank Brigade 175% TOE?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tank Brigade 175% TOE? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 5:31:54 AM   
MattFL

I just noticed that I have a tank brigade at 175% TOE. It has 500%+ it's normal allotment of medium and heavy tanks. It was at 110% last turn and then wen to 175% this turn and wasn't on refit while many other tank brigades were on Refit.

Any reason why so much stuff would go to this one brigade?
Post #: 1
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 7:27:00 AM   
Denniss

got an OB upgrade recently, downsizing it ?
screenshot or a save ?

(in reply to MattFL)
Post #: 2
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 12:47:24 PM   
fritzfarlig

currently I have 5000 T34 in my Pool but I have problem to send them to the front in units cost me trucks

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 3
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 1:09:08 PM   
Telemecus

I often have units that have multiples of what they should have. This usually occurs after a ToE upgrade of some other change in units such as merging to create a unit with a new ToE and so on. It can also happen to units next to an airbase from which an air transport mission occurs.

Wargamers Discord https://discord.gg/U6DcDxT

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 4
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 2:54:17 PM   
MattFL

It appears it did undergo and TOE upgrade this turn. I rarely pay attention to such details. So I assume that next turn, it's numbers will fall...

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 3:15:01 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: MattFL

It appears it did undergo and TOE upgrade this turn. I rarely pay attention to such details. So I assume that next turn, it's numbers will fall...

So long as it is not isolated yes, and depending on how far from rail and supply it is I think it may take longer. So think of it more as a few turns to get normal. But yes normally expect to see it go down a lot at least next turn.

(in reply to MattFL)
Post #: 6
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 3:32:01 PM   
MattFL

quote:

So long as it is not isolated yes, and depending on how far from rail and supply it is I think it may take longer. So think of it more as a few turns to get normal. But yes normally expect to see it go down a lot at least next turn.

And where does all of it's lost equipment go, back to the Pool?

Too bad it's mud, would love to see it's actual CV with all of these tanks in it's oob….

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 7
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/3/2019 3:47:53 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

Yes. There is a rule with German units that it will not return elements when the ToE is below 1.25 times your maximum ToE setting - and assume it is the same in this case. If so if you leave your max ToE setting for the unit on 100% it should not be returning tanks to the pool when it is below 125% ToE, although it will not receive any replacements above 100% either.

(in reply to MattFL)
Post #: 8
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/4/2019 12:09:46 PM   
super_falco

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

Yes. There is a rule with German units that it will not return elements when the ToE is below 1.25 times your maximum ToE setting - and assume it is the same in this case. If so if you leave your max ToE setting for the unit on 100% it should not be returning tanks to the pool when it is below 125% ToE, although it will not receive any replacements above 100% either.

Hi, that rule refers to TOE of each element of the unit or to the general TOE? Because it can be the case that one unit has 150% of medium tanks and 50% of rifle squads, for example.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 9
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/4/2019 12:16:41 PM   
Telemecus

I understand that the rule applies to the general ToE as a condition, not sure it it uses it to decide which elements are in excess and withdrawn or if some other algorithm is used to get the ToE down. This is from the patch notes and observation of where I have seen it in games, but more confirmation would be needed to be certain.

(in reply to super_falco)
Post #: 10
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/4/2019 12:42:28 PM   
super_falco

Yeah, I think that rule should apply only to elements in excess inside that unit, and allow the reinforcement of elements below 100% TOE in the unit. Otherwise you don't allow that unit to achieve "ideal" 100% TOE.

OF course maybe that way is how it is actually working now and all of these is just talking.

< Message edited by super_falco -- 9/4/2019 12:48:58 PM >

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 11
RE: Tank Brigade 175% TOE? - 9/4/2019 9:29:11 PM   
Denniss

I believe the condition is per element, not the general unit TOE. So an understrenght element should be eligible to receive replacements even if other elements or the general TOE is above 125%.

(in reply to super_falco)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tank Brigade 175% TOE? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI