Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and experience, Part I

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and experience, Part I Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and exp... - 10/6/2019 11:38:23 AM   
Luckschaden

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 31
RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and exp... - 10/6/2019 5:25:07 PM   
macinlew

In the Run for a specific chunk of simulated time, then stop: category I have a feature request. So I'm using this feature and I see something happen, sunk ship, aircraft shot down, weapon misses target, etc., and I want to go back to the start of the selected chunk of simulated time that just finished, and do it over again without having to save before I select the chunk of time and reload the save. Ideally being able to scroll through what happened in that chunk of time like scrolling through a video and restarting right before the event is what I really want. I can see how doing that could impact performance but maybe an option if you're willing to sacrifice the performance? And when I say restarting I mean it actually runs the simulation again from that point and not just replay what happened before.

So for example being able to scroll through the message log window and click on a message and restart the simulation at that point, and while we're being unrealistic could it find me a better wife, make me a better husband, raise my kids right and make me king of the world... Woo Hooo!

< Message edited by macinlew -- 10/6/2019 5:51:15 PM >

(in reply to Luckschaden)
Post #: 32
RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and exp... - 10/16/2019 8:07:05 AM   
mikerohan

quote:

[...]
Driving fast and looking good

Arguably the single biggest criticism leveled against CMANO v1.x has been that its user interface, and primarily the map engine, felt slow and clunky. In some cases this was the result of various technical circumstances, such as users not not keeping their systems updated, shovelware and intrusive apps sinking their rusty hooks inside Command without any recourse (looking at you, Valve & MSI), and other factors.
[...]

How is this solved in the new C:MO? Should we expect any performance difference, between the Steam and non-Steam versions?

Thanks!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command: Modern Operations – User interface and experience, Part I Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI