Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 9/30/2019 8:38:25 PM   
wodin

Enemy Action Ardennes is raved about as one if not THE best solo boardgames ever released. By non other than Mr Butterfield himself.

Now you can pre order the next game. This time set in Russia.

I'd pre order as it will sell fast, very fast and then cost the earth to find online.

"Enemy Action: Kharkov is the second game in John Butterfield’s acclaimed Enemy Action series of card-driven games simulating pivotal battles in World War II, playable by two players or one player controlling either side in the conflict.

Enemy Action: Kharkov portrays the Third Battle of Kharkov, the key Eastern Front battle in which the German Army ended a string of Soviet victories begun at Stalingrad. In the late winter of 1943, Soviet Operations code-named Star and Gallop drove the Germans from the city of Kharkov and threatened a complete breakthrough, only to be driven back by the German counteroffensive known as Von Manstein’s Back Hand Blow.

Each volume in the Enemy Action series features:

• Two-player competition with low complexity and constant decision points for both sides;
• Solitaire play of either side with systems governing all aspects of enemy command and tactics;
• Card-driven impulse system, with multi-purpose cards played to activate formations, implement command events, or gain tactical advantages in combat.
• Diceless and chartless combat system – players draw combat chits that build a narrative of each combat.
The solo games add fog of war to the experience. Many enemy unit locations in the solo games are unknown until your forces move to contact. Enemy units behind the front line often disappear to reappear elsewhere, within realistic movement limitations.

Features specific to Enemy Action: Kharkov include:

• Soviet partisans
• Offensive command quality
• Withdrawal under fire
• Armor depletion
• Von Manstein’s Rochade (rapid redeployment)
• Soviet forward support
• Spring thaw and mud conditions
Product Information:

Complexity: Moderate
Solitaire Suitability: Designed for solitaire play
Map scale: 7.5 miles per hex. Hexes are oversized for easy counter handling.
Time scale: Three days per turn, with several impulses in each turn.
Unit Scale: Regiments, brigades and divisions
Players: One or Two (features Solitaire mode)
Playing Time: 15 minutes to 5 hours for the full campaign
Components:

Three 22"x34" maps (1 for each solitaire game and 1 for the 2-player game)
Three rules books (1 for each game)
Two full sheets of counters, printed both sides
110 playing cards (poker quality)
Multiple player aid cards
One ten-sided die (for solo play)
One full color 3” box and lid
Game Credits:

Designer: John Butterfield
Developer: Ted Castronova"

LINK

Post #: 1
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/3/2019 7:00:04 PM   
wodin

Nobody?

Honestly EA: Ardennes is raved about as the greatest solo War boardgame released. EVen better for me is this new game is set on East Front.

Surely someone on here knows about John Butterfield and Enemy Action: Ardennes boardgame?

If not you all need to go check it out and then sae your pennies\dimes\Euros etc for EA: Kharkov

EA Ardennes BGG LINK

< Message edited by wodin -- 10/3/2019 7:01:55 PM >

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/3/2019 9:48:51 PM   
rocketman71

If I would buy one boardgame it would be EA:Ardennes, but I have no good space for it and can't have it there long term as I find it hard to play long sessions. Hoping for a PC version of the game, but that will probably never happen.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/3/2019 9:49:39 PM   
wodin

No interest in Kharkov then?

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocketman71

If I would buy one boardgame it would be EA:Ardennes, but I have no good space for it and can't have it there long term as I find it hard to play long sessions. Hoping for a PC version of the game, but that will probably never happen.

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 4
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/4/2019 5:46:49 PM   
rocketman71

I know too little about the Kharkov battles as of now to make it my top priority.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/4/2019 8:03:40 PM   
elmo3

Well I'm interested, but a Q4 2020 release is just way too far out in the future for me to pony up now.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 6
RE: Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov - 10/4/2019 9:10:10 PM   
AlessandroW

Lot of interest on this one but no preorder for me, the shipping is too expensive from USA to Europe.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Solo boardgame up for pre order Enemy Action: Kharkov Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI