Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Getting to know your men?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Getting to know your men? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting to know your men? - 10/7/2019 7:19:06 PM   
uneducated

I wonder if any of you have played a campaign long enough to become attached to any of the men under your command.

If so, what sparked your interest?

In my attempts, everybody is so badly killed by Kesserine Pass that I start from the beginning again.

Have you found it useful knowing which person is in which unit and do you make adjustments accordingly?
Post #: 1
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/7/2019 9:41:47 PM   
Bradley62

As soon as the first shot is fired I often hear: "I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE". WTH, do your job grunt! There are a few wimps in the ranks I believe. I haven't gotten far enough to be attached yet.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 2
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/7/2019 10:53:14 PM   
CGGrognard

The ones I get to know tend to flee in battle.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 3
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/8/2019 6:50:46 AM   
uneducated

Haha! Yes, I have heard that too. Also, "We are doomed!" It is quite funny when you think about it. At the time, you feel bad, though are glad they are still speaking to you!

It is difficult to work out which of the units is "doomed" though. You want to try and move them into better cover. Also, which of the troops is the doomsayer?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

As soon as the first shot is fired I often hear: "I CAN"T TAKE IT ANYMORE". WTH, do your job grunt! There are a few wimps in the ranks I believe. I haven't gotten far enough to be attached yet.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 4
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/8/2019 10:20:22 AM   
wodin

Check mini map any square that has a white line going round it's border is the unit speaking..or click on message in message box that will take you to the unit.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 5
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/9/2019 7:03:40 AM   
Saturnian

my biggest problem is you can't click on the individual soldiers like you used to be able to. Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

I get that you can't give orders to individuals, but I'd like to be able to see who is who on the battlefield. hope that gets cleared up. I've said it a few times here because it bothers me.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 6
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/10/2019 11:53:46 AM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley62

Yeah the moral system is off. I can have units all with high moral and yet sometimes after the first mortar round you get that! Or you get lots of berserk men. These states should be extreme moments, not the norm.

(in reply to Bradley62)
Post #: 7
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/11/2019 12:28:32 AM   
CGGrognard

To have a little fun, change one of the soldiers' name to yours within the file itself. You will never know or when your name will appear, but it's fun to see how well "your soldier performs.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 8
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/11/2019 3:24:08 AM   
wodin

I agree..

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saturnian

my biggest problem is you can't click on the individual soldiers like you used to be able to. Or maybe I am doing something wrong?

I get that you can't give orders to individuals, but I'd like to be able to see who is who on the battlefield. hope that gets cleared up. I've said it a few times here because it bothers me.

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 9
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/11/2019 6:17:21 AM   
Divadov

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saturnian

Yes, there will be good click in a private to send to cover it, sometimes the squad is in cover but a soldier is without cover.

(in reply to Saturnian)
Post #: 10
RE: Getting to know your men? - 10/11/2019 11:07:34 AM   
uneducated

Which folder/file/field needs editing for this fun idea?

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 11
RE: Getting to know your men? - 12/17/2019 2:51:51 PM   
ineffable

Soldier names can be edited in \Close Combat The Bloody First\Data\Text\Text32.

The US voices cues "I can't take it anymore!", "Get me outta here!" and "We're doomed!" are .wavs #17, #18 & #19. These can be replaced with 0 kb files, copies of other .wavs or Looney Tunes cartoon .wavs if you want.

(in reply to uneducated)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Getting to know your men? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI