Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
[Poll]

CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

AMP - Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI
  28% (145)
AMP - Continuous coverage planner
  1% (7)
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
  2% (13)
Local weather fronts
  9% (48)
Scriptless intermittent sensor settings
  1% (9)
Custom draw on map
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (21)
Real-time MP
  11% (56)
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
  3% (19)
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
  5% (28)
AMP - Ability to edit flightplans prior to takeoff
  3% (19)
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit
  6% (35)
Warning shots
  1% (9)
Scriptless boarding actions
  0% (3)
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
  2% (11)
Tacview - AAR mode
  4% (22)
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
  1% (10)
Display real-time sonar/self-noise data
  0% (4)
Make A2A-refueling options a doctrine setting
  0% (2)
Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm
  0% (2)
Unit "Scoreboard"
  0% (4)
"Search" tool for the cargo list
  0% (1)
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
  1% (8)
Allow Lua scripting on Losses/Expenditures (for player-tailored stats)
  0% (1)
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
  2% (12)
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
  0% (1)

Total Votes : 502

(last vote on : 2/22/2022 7:27:32 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 9/26/2021 5:25:58 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tcao
How about add a simple version of more advanced Air to Air DLZ?
In current game, the one that fly low and fly slow doesn't have any penalty in BVR engagement.

This sounds like a possible bug, because by design such AC are penalized in weapon reach when launching in such conditions. Can you please make a proper report on the Tech Support forum, with a suitable save. Thanks!

(in reply to Tcao)
Post #: 331
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 9/27/2021 1:30:04 PM   
KGU

I have a request regarding map display.

Now, the unit information toggle switch is "Information On" and "Off" for all units, and "On" for the selected unit.
if you turn it "ON" for all units, "Unit Name" is hard to see.(When there are many units)

Therefore, please equip a switch that Turns Off "Altitude / Speed / Heading".
Display only "UNIT NAME", it is easy to make a tactical plan.
Please! Please! Please!

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 332
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/11/2021 3:34:45 PM   
Blast33

A shortcut (CTRL+E) or something like this to turn auto evasion off.
Fighters so often turn into the SAM threat, it too often goes from bad to worse. So often you have to adjust the doctrine in flight.

At long distance shots auto evasion is useful, but at short range it is often a pain in the ***.
At present you have to go through several menu's per separate aircraft to adjust, a shortcut would certainly increase joy in playing instead of micromanaging every A/C.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 333
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/13/2021 2:53:56 PM   
fulcrum28

I would like to have more sounds in the game, for example when you click on a plane, you should be able to hear the aircraft sound, even if it was a generic one. Same for submarines etc.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 334
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/16/2021 8:37:21 AM   
Dide

Hi, Any news on the possible transition to the 2021 version for the sentinel-2 map? Thanks.

(in reply to fulcrum28)
Post #: 335
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/22/2021 11:58:39 AM   
nukkxx5058

Hi, two items I'd like to see implemented (these are quick wins):

- a hotkey to switch between "show range symbols for selected / all units"
- a "OK" button to confirm the launch of missions in the editor ! *edit: and to confirm the launch of missiles when using shift-F1.

< Message edited by nukkxx5058 -- 10/23/2021 3:13:08 PM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 336
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/23/2021 1:01:29 AM   
JFS737

Some great ideas posted Here are some thoughts I've jotted down over the years. I think it might be a bit (alot) much, but hope it makes it somehow into the Poll.

1. User Ability to adjust and add / remove items on the shortcut bar. This at the top with "File, View, Game... etc" and below it the "clock and Play and record quick line.... " I want to move the "clock, play, record... " line of quick click items UP TO THE SAME LEVEL as the "File, View, Game, Map Settings.... " , thus freeing up more than half the space used by this. It could just go right of the "File... Help" line! Save Space!
2. User deselect the "GROUP VIEW > 15 sec > 1min > 5min ..." bar at the bottom, it's just taking up valuable screen space, never use it.
3. On the right, under "UNIT STATUS" down at Sensors Window (F9)... this usually is useless, as it just shows a check at Inherit from Parent and the bottom 6 cells are greyed out regardless of the sensor state of the unit selected. This needs to ALWAYS show the sensor status of the unit selected!! If I don't have "range rings" on, I have no idea what is radiating!!
4. Love to be able to make notes in the game. General sticky note types, pins with notes... and maybe unit or mission specific notes. They should be savable of course.

1. A/C going Bingo or Winchester and RTB SHOULD NOT CLIMB TO MAX ALTITUDE WHEN NEAR A Surface THREAT !!!!!!!!! Allow user to select Egress low to 10, 25, 40, 60, 80, 100nm FROM THE TGT or some such
thing, mission, type, side, unit selectable.
1a. WRA to avoid SAM's/Missiles by "Running and Beaming". This would be opposed to the present which seems to be "Beam and turn back in" depending on mission. Running should be user selectable (5nm,
10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50... before resuming previous) and it'd be nice if you could choose 2 or 3 depending on the threat if the targeted aircraft knows the class, ID or type)
2. Doctrine> WRA > Self Defense block goes to 10nm, then max. It needs to continue in 5 mi increments to 75nm then max or better yet, allow user to input)
3. As noted by another, allow WRA numbers to be user selectable in percentage (and do so for "Self defense" as well)
4. Advanced Mission Planner !! Had to put that in there.
5. Anti Radiation missiles target specific radars or at least types (FCR, Search, Illuminators)
6. WRA to target only 4th, or 5th gen fighters or to AVOID 4th or 5th gen... (currently doable (targetting) for weapons, but I'd like this for unit/types as well. Individual unit, mission or aircraft
type)
7. Mission Editor : Needs a "Copy Mission" function to allow me to make many ASW or AAW stations CAPS and missions quickly. Copies everything but units assigned.
8. Make "No Navigation" Zones unit, mission, type or side specific.
9. Hot key for can/cannot refuel.
10. Change things at turnpoints... (as is done for alt/speed). Change EMCON, Weapons HOLD/FREE; Can/Cannot Refuel; Switch Home airport; Switch Mission (ASW N to ASW S); etc.
11. Mission editor: need a "keep XX TOTAL A/C on station" vs "Keep XX units PER CLASS on station."
12. Option to set launch order in the mission editor for missions. Launch times as well.
13. Tanker Zones: Like No Nav or Exclusion they are defined by RP's. A/C routed through this box would top off on the way to/from a mission or just on a user route (F3). Of course, a tanker would need to be present in the box. Make it easy to tank jets up on the way to / from areas.
14. Add persistent user notes to DB... that would somehow carry over / be added to a new updated DB. I would add info to some entries and would like them to stick. ie I would like to add a note to ALL Block III Superhornets "Reduced RCS by 20% compared to Block II, integrated IRST, CFT" .

Whew... sorry about that, I feel better now.

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 337
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/26/2021 11:45:34 AM   
fatgreta1066

I'd like to see:

1) The ability to set up mission templates, so I would dictate such things as EMCOM settings for land strikes, support missions, etc., so that when I create a mission with non-doctrine associated settings I don't have to manually change it; and-

2) The ability to mass rename Reference Points. I tend to name reference points after their mission in scenarios where I have a lot of missions, that gets time consuming.

Obviously, none of those are super important. Please don't let them interfere with improving the strike planner.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 338
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/26/2021 5:14:10 PM   
Swant

quote:

ORIGINAL: JFS737

Some great ideas posted Here are some thoughts I've jotted down over the years. I think it might be a bit (alot) much, but hope it makes it somehow into the Poll.

1. User Ability to adjust and add / remove items on the shortcut bar. This at the top with "File, View, Game... etc" and below it the "clock and Play and record quick line.... " I want to move the "clock, play, record... " line of quick click items UP TO THE SAME LEVEL as the "File, View, Game, Map Settings.... " , thus freeing up more than half the space used by this. It could just go right of the "File... Help" line! Save Space!
2. User deselect the "GROUP VIEW > 15 sec > 1min > 5min ..." bar at the bottom, it's just taking up valuable screen space, never use it.
3. On the right, under "UNIT STATUS" down at Sensors Window (F9)... this usually is useless, as it just shows a check at Inherit from Parent and the bottom 6 cells are greyed out regardless of the sensor state of the unit selected. This needs to ALWAYS show the sensor status of the unit selected!! If I don't have "range rings" on, I have no idea what is radiating!!
4. Love to be able to make notes in the game. General sticky note types, pins with notes... and maybe unit or mission specific notes. They should be savable of course.

1. A/C going Bingo or Winchester and RTB SHOULD NOT CLIMB TO MAX ALTITUDE WHEN NEAR A Surface THREAT !!!!!!!!! Allow user to select Egress low to 10, 25, 40, 60, 80, 100nm FROM THE TGT or some such
thing, mission, type, side, unit selectable.
1a. WRA to avoid SAM's/Missiles by "Running and Beaming". This would be opposed to the present which seems to be "Beam and turn back in" depending on mission. Running should be user selectable (5nm,
10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50... before resuming previous) and it'd be nice if you could choose 2 or 3 depending on the threat if the targeted aircraft knows the class, ID or type)
2. Doctrine> WRA > Self Defense block goes to 10nm, then max. It needs to continue in 5 mi increments to 75nm then max or better yet, allow user to input)
3. As noted by another, allow WRA numbers to be user selectable in percentage (and do so for "Self defense" as well)
4. Advanced Mission Planner !! Had to put that in there.
5. Anti Radiation missiles target specific radars or at least types (FCR, Search, Illuminators)
6. WRA to target only 4th, or 5th gen fighters or to AVOID 4th or 5th gen... (currently doable (targetting) for weapons, but I'd like this for unit/types as well. Individual unit, mission or aircraft
type)
7. Mission Editor : Needs a "Copy Mission" function to allow me to make many ASW or AAW stations CAPS and missions quickly. Copies everything but units assigned.
8. Make "No Navigation" Zones unit, mission, type or side specific.
9. Hot key for can/cannot refuel.
10. Change things at turnpoints... (as is done for alt/speed). Change EMCON, Weapons HOLD/FREE; Can/Cannot Refuel; Switch Home airport; Switch Mission (ASW N to ASW S); etc.
11. Mission editor: need a "keep XX TOTAL A/C on station" vs "Keep XX units PER CLASS on station."
12. Option to set launch order in the mission editor for missions. Launch times as well.
13. Tanker Zones: Like No Nav or Exclusion they are defined by RP's. A/C routed through this box would top off on the way to/from a mission or just on a user route (F3). Of course, a tanker would need to be present in the box. Make it easy to tank jets up on the way to / from areas.
14. Add persistent user notes to DB... that would somehow carry over / be added to a new updated DB. I would add info to some entries and would like them to stick. ie I would like to add a note to ALL Block III Superhornets "Reduced RCS by 20% compared to Block II, integrated IRST, CFT" .

Whew... sorry about that, I feel better now.

A very good list!

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 339
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/27/2021 6:51:26 PM   
Scorpion86

I don't know if this counts as a "gameplay feature", but I'll copy the request I made in another thread here:

"Hi there!
When CMO came out, being able to sort events by type in the message log was touted as a feature. However, I prefered the old CMANO style of message log, because I prefer events displayed in a timeline. I assumed there would be a way to switch between both modes, so I didn't worry.
However, when I got the game, sorting events by type was the only way to have them displayed in the Message Log tab. UNLESS... you separated the message log into a separate window, THEN you have the option to switch to CMANO-style logs.

So here's my request: could we have the possibility to have raw text logs in the Message Log without have to open a separate window?

Best regards,
Gonçalo Prôa"

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 340
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 10/27/2021 7:05:52 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

I've got a feature request to consider:

Advanced Reference Point builder.

This wouldn't really have too much to it. Mainly, I'd like to see an option to place a reference point by entering Latitude/Longitude coordinates, and naming it at the same time. This would be very handy in scenarios that have special messages that mention sighting reports.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 10/27/2021 7:06:44 PM >

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 341
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/2/2021 10:50:13 AM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scorpion86

I don't know if this counts as a "gameplay feature", but I'll copy the request I made in another thread here:

"Hi there!
When CMO came out, being able to sort events by type in the message log was touted as a feature. However, I prefered the old CMANO style of message log, because I prefer events displayed in a timeline. I assumed there would be a way to switch between both modes, so I didn't worry.
However, when I got the game, sorting events by type was the only way to have them displayed in the Message Log tab. UNLESS... you separated the message log into a separate window, THEN you have the option to switch to CMANO-style logs.

So here's my request: could we have the possibility to have raw text logs in the Message Log without have to open a separate window?

Best regards,
Gonçalo Prôa"

+1
And I will add my remark : possibility, like in CMANO, so select and increase the size of the text by using the standard text files commands Ctrl+A then Ctrl++. It was possible in CMANO raw text separate window but not anymore in CMO.

(in reply to Scorpion86)
Post #: 342
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/2/2021 10:52:33 AM   
nukkxx5058

Another wish (for Christmas? ): A back button to better navigate in the DB viewer

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 343
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/3/2021 5:08:44 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

*edit: and to confirm the launch of missiles when using shift-F1

If I had to press ok every time after leaving the shift-f8 screen I think I'd stop playing ...ok not really, but it would I think be far more frustrating than the couple times it might have saved me a munition imho. Just something to consider with a suggestion like that, maybe as interface option though for those that want the extra safety. /2cents

quote:

3. On the right, under "UNIT STATUS" down at Sensors Window (F9)... this usually is useless, as it just shows a check at Inherit from Parent and the bottom 6 cells are greyed out regardless of the sensor state of the unit selected.

This is useful when things are NOT inherited from parent, and usually it does show the current state (though sometimes it can't when you're manually turning certain things on and off and not blanket turn on\off all of a sensor category. I guess what you really want is it to be greyed active when anything of one of the 3 categories is active?, and also when in unit obeys emcon mode not get out of sync (yeah I've seen that happen sometimes - more rare now then it used to be though).

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 344
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/3/2021 5:56:54 PM   
ETF

Any updates on Multiplayer options gents?

Thanks, Friends.

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 345
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/3/2021 7:26:05 PM   
BobTank63

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

Any updates on Multiplayer options gents?

Thanks, Friends.

Someone actually made a fully functional WeGo multiplayer mod. You can find it under the Unofficial MP mod section of the forum. It just got an update too.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 346
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/4/2021 11:50:39 AM   
ETF

Thank you sir

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

(in reply to BobTank63)
Post #: 347
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/4/2021 10:44:16 PM   
Cajer

I just really want a realtime multiplayer, especially with a co-op mode. That way you can both play against human opponents, and you can simulate what it's like to have multi-branch or multi-level collaboration. Eg: you're an air force working with a ground forces commander, who really needs some air support but you can't give it to him as there's too much anti-air. That way there's negotiation and give and take even among your own side.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 348
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/8/2021 3:05:47 AM   
Fido81

It'd be nice if the API included a LineOfSight function that returned whether or not 2 units had line of sight to each other based on the weather, their relative locations, and any terrain between them.

(in reply to Cajer)
Post #: 349
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/16/2021 8:09:39 AM   
nukkxx5058

A nice addition in the editor (a quick win) would be a hotkey for "unit action / set orientation".
It's quite a pain to navigate through the long menu ...

(in reply to Fido81)
Post #: 350
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/18/2021 12:08:45 PM   
goldfinger35

This would help a lot:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 351
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/19/2021 2:30:07 AM   
Tcao

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tcao
How about add a simple version of more advanced Air to Air DLZ?
In current game, the one that fly low and fly slow doesn't have any penalty in BVR engagement.

This sounds like a possible bug, because by design such AC are penalized in weapon reach when launching in such conditions. Can you please make a proper report on the Tech Support forum, with a suitable save. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I sent a report to the Tech support

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5103123&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 352
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/25/2021 10:12:01 PM   
nukkxx5058

In scenEdit, it would be real cool if the "edit hosted aircraft" interface was clickable with a link to the DB. Would be a great help to decide which stuff to add in a scenario.
I'm talking about this screen : >>

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tcao)
Post #: 353
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2021 3:13:48 AM   
lumiere

Is it reasonable to add, like other throttle options, "keep <10kt" option (=speed which retains both torpedo guidance wire and TASS) for submarine?

Edit: Or, add "2/3 speed" (6-10kt) between creep (1/3) and cruise throttle. many of nuclear sub have 12-20kts cruise speed in the database.

< Message edited by lumiere -- 11/29/2021 8:06:32 AM >

"War claims its bitter, useless, sacrifice."

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 354
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2021 3:13:49 PM   
nukkxx5058

A button "reset all units to inherited" doctrine settings would be very useful.

(in reply to lumiere)
Post #: 355
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/29/2021 3:55:02 PM   
thewood1

Does this button for side doctrine not reset all units or missions?

Attachment (1)

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 356
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2021 8:39:54 AM   
nukkxx5058

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Does this button for side doctrine not reset all units or missions?

Well, yes, you might be right ! Thank you !

< Message edited by nukkxx5058 -- 11/30/2021 8:40:23 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 357
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 11/30/2021 10:19:17 AM   
thewood1

There's a paragraph in the manual that also explains it under the doctrine section.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 358
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/15/2021 6:48:29 PM   
guanotwozero

quote:

ORIGINAL: eleos

quote:

ORIGINAL: guanotwozero

Request: When a Strike mission is created in the mission editor and aircraft assigned, the legs and draggable waypoints be immediately available even if the mission is tasked to happen later.

This would be useful for planning it out, e.g. entering distance/airspeed data in a spreadsheet to get the timing right, particularly if it's to be synchronised with other missions.

Be patient

Just wondering is this still on the cards? I'm aware of an accidental pre-release of a mission planner (which I missed, dang!), but is a proper version still intended for the retail game?

< Message edited by guanotwozero -- 12/15/2021 7:34:03 PM >

(in reply to eleos)
Post #: 359
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/15/2021 7:32:16 PM   
guanotwozero

Request: Hourly permanent autosaves.

The current rotating autosaves are very useful for bug reports, but only go back a short way. Having an hourly one (or configurable) would help make up for any absent-mindedness in making regular saves.

< Message edited by guanotwozero -- 12/15/2021 7:34:44 PM >

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 [12] 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI