Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
[Poll]

CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

AMP - Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI
  28% (145)
AMP - Continuous coverage planner
  1% (7)
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
  2% (13)
Local weather fronts
  9% (48)
Scriptless intermittent sensor settings
  1% (9)
Custom draw on map
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (21)
Real-time MP
  11% (56)
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
  3% (19)
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
  5% (28)
AMP - Ability to edit flightplans prior to takeoff
  3% (19)
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit
  6% (35)
Warning shots
  1% (9)
Scriptless boarding actions
  0% (3)
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
  2% (11)
Tacview - AAR mode
  4% (22)
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
  1% (10)
Display real-time sonar/self-noise data
  0% (4)
Make A2A-refueling options a doctrine setting
  0% (2)
Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm
  0% (2)
Unit "Scoreboard"
  0% (4)
"Search" tool for the cargo list
  0% (1)
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
  1% (8)
Allow Lua scripting on Losses/Expenditures (for player-tailored stats)
  0% (1)
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
  2% (12)
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
  0% (1)

Total Votes : 502

(last vote on : 2/22/2022 7:27:32 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/21/2021 9:08:30 AM   
jannas34

REQUEST
can u please put patches on a stanalone platform, it feels jank as **** to get updates for my #90 USD non refundable game from google drive

(in reply to guanotwozero)
Post #: 361
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/21/2021 11:54:13 PM   
aerosky

At present, the combat operations of the armed forces of various countries increasingly rely on the support of the space combat system. The military uses space-based technology for navigation, reconnaissance, weather forecasting, intelligence collection, communications, command and control, and precise targeting.

In the future, no space, no win

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 362
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 12/21/2021 11:55:36 PM   
aerosky

According to data from the US Army, each armored brigade has more than 2,000 pieces of equipment that rely on space equipment to operate. If the satellite is destroyed or paralyzed, the armored brigade will falter. In the commercial sector, if the global positioning data from four GPS satellites are missing, Google Maps will be paralyzed.

In the future, no space, no win

(in reply to aerosky)
Post #: 363
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/2/2022 9:02:24 PM   
HalfLifeExpert

I've got another feature/improvement suggestion:

Basic terrain logic to ambiguity zones.

It can be pretty annoying in situations like, say, when you have access to SOSUS in the GUIK Gap, and a subsurface contact's area of ambiguity bleeds over into, or is entirely, on land, which does affect unit targeting and patrols unrealistically. No sub is going to be on Greenland (or in one case, on the other side of Greenland where SOSUS could not possibly pick it up).

Same goes for Land contacts like SAM sites' ambiguity zones appearing in water after losing solid contact.

I think there should be a basic terrain logic to how the the Ambiguity zones are drawn, i.e. Subsurface and ship contacts cannot appear on land, land units cannot appear on water. This wouldn't really affect air or space contacts at all, but admittedly there can be some issues with amphibious units.

Just an idea to throw out there.

(in reply to aerosky)
Post #: 364
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/6/2022 12:46:13 AM   
Redeye43

Request of my own: More capabilities to modify a unit in ScenEdit, particularly editing comms and max fuel to simulate modifications of aircraft. Things like a freakish bolt-on drop tank, or a hastily cobbled together combination of an AWW-13 and a C-17 for dropping SLAM-ERs nobody expects.

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 365
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/7/2022 2:12:48 AM   
DmitriyBlade

del

< Message edited by DmitriyBlade -- 1/7/2022 2:26:55 AM >

(in reply to Redeye43)
Post #: 366
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/18/2022 3:50:27 PM   
trevor999

Greetings all

Some suggestions/requests

1. LANTIRN/Legion/Lightning II et al pods.
A squadron rarely, if ever, has enough pods for every a/c. Usually it's 3 or 4 per squadron. Would it be possible to create a system where these pods could be removed from one a/c and installed on another without undue delay? Does anyone know how long it takes to move them from one a/c to another, do diagnostics etc? I can't see it taking 2 hrs. Maybe 20 or 30 mins? Could a new selection be added to the load out screen to only remove a pod and transfer it (or place it in the magazine then deploy again)?

2. Morale modeling
Is there a way to model morale? In the simulation the a/c stay in the fight until either manually ordered to RTB, reach bingo fuel, or Winchester status, or until they're annihilated, regardless of losses. It seems to me that any flight element will "skedaddle" if outclassed or suffer too may losses, once their morale drops to a certain level.

3. AD HQ's
Is there a way that, for example, AD and radar units could be linked/interlinked to a specific HQ (building or bunker)? Could a link to an HQ be reflected by an enhancement in efficiency? Or alternatively, could the elimination of that HQ be reflected by a drop in SAM/radar unit efficiency? Up or down a level?

4. Friendly fire
Can friendly fire be modeled, especially with SAM's? If you have a group of a/c engaged in air combat, and some officer at a SAM site has a flash of inspiration and lets lose a salvo of missiles, it seems to me that there's a good chance they could lock on to friendly a/c. It also follows that air to air missiles, regardless of guidance systems, could do the same.

In any event, thanks so much for all your great work. I love the game, and I'm continually learning even if I've pulled half my hair out over it.

Regards

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 367
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/27/2022 6:56:19 AM   
TalonCG2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: TalonCG2

Feature request - Logistics and transport of supplies

I love the larger, more complex and longer lasting scenarios. This wouldn't really apply to short duration scenarios, but here goes...

Fuel, either a generic non-specific all use, or broken up into categories of ship/aviation/ground unit. Transported by rail, truck, ship or plane to other "frontline" bases.
Munitions, generic "ammo" that will increase by a fixed amount determined by capacity of the transport and what units call the base their home. Or a more complex and specific transport of individual weapons/ammo.

The generic versions would be easier to implement, but not as realistic, but a good compromise over specific items.

Thoughts?

This is one of the things being worked on.

Curious if this has been looked at? Been a couple years now.

Clear skies and tailwinds,
Chuck

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 368
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/28/2022 6:21:41 PM   
JFS737

Not sure if this has already been requested but I'd love a HOTKEY for "unit can refuel" toggle on/off please and thank you! I often turn off their ability to refuel when I order an RTB as I don't wish them to needlessly refuel if they have enough to RTB.

< Message edited by JFS737 -- 1/28/2022 6:53:45 PM >

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 369
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/28/2022 6:31:07 PM   
JFS737

Regarding the UNIT STATUS panel on the right side. First, it's awesome! Second I would like to add/fix a few things.
1. The UNIT EMCON section usually has the "inherit from Parent" checkbox ticked... which Greys out the Active/Passive for all 3 boxes (Radar, Sonar, OECM). This is not good. The Inherit from parent box should, whether ticked or unticked... show the ACTUAL Emcon Status of the selected Unit. Furthermore, clicking on those Active/Passive boxes should change the status for that unit.... and deselect the "inherit from parent" tickbox if appropriate.
2. The Unit Emcon Active/Passive boxes are much too big, they should be small round colorized "radio" buttons about the size of a Capital "O". They should be selectable and colorized (Green "On" Red "off").
3. After you make them small colorized radio buttons, please add 3 more radio buttons for a). Can Refuel toggle b) ROE HOLD toggle c) Ignore plotted coarse toggle.
Many of these have HOTKEY's but this panel would be primarily used as a quick visual check on critical aspects of the units status as well as a mouse clickable option.

Thanks for reading.
John

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 370
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/29/2022 6:05:20 PM   
JFS737

One more request.... kind of a QOL but here it is...
Selecting a unit then F9 brings up a nice Sensors window. In it there are "column" headings like "sensor" "Sensortype" "active" and "Status". These columns can be resized which is great, but as soon as you select another unit... they are again default.... which is frustrating and sub optimal after spending the time to get just the right column width to make it useful for the size window that I have chosen to display. Please make the column size changes permanent.

Regards,
John

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 371
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/29/2022 6:14:40 PM   
JFS737

Yet another QOL type request or two please :)
1. I have the F9 window open at all times to be able to see who is radiating and not and have quick control over their sensors. The problem is it Disappears when I select a unit not on my side... and then I have to re-open it again. Can it please stay in sight and just put an "UNKNOWN" label on it when selecting an enemy or other side unit and then when I select a unit on my side it'll already be there (no need to hit F9 again) and show the correct information?
2. You have CTL + SHF + M for message log in a separate window which works well, but .... it's very cumbersome. Can you please just make this "M"?
3. The QOL from Cmanouser of a hotkey for next previous waypoint is not working as written. Q moves to the previous waypoint and "E" to the next. "E" is supposed to be drop targets... I think it should be "Q" to move to the next and and "W" to move back. Furthermore, it only works if the F2 window is open, but would be much better if it worked all the time.

Build 1147.40

Thanks,
John

< Message edited by JFS737 -- 1/29/2022 6:18:42 PM >

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 372
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/1/2022 12:33:48 AM   
orca

There are many great examples of community created lua scripts.

But it can be difficult to add these scripts into every new scenario, especially for those who are lua novices which I assume are the majority of command scenario designers.

I request creating a method to import or add “template” or “example” triggers, actions, special actions, and events into new scenarios. I think this would facilitate and increase utilization of lua code which oftentimes significantly improves and enriches the scenarios.

< Message edited by orca -- 2/1/2022 3:13:38 AM >

(in reply to JFS737)
Post #: 373
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/1/2022 10:14:21 AM   
Deserere

Hi,
all the 3 features are added, it will be in the next update release

Si Spiritus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

(in reply to robertqin)
Post #: 374
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/1/2022 11:30:52 AM   
Deserere

that's will be in the next update release

Si Spiritus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

(in reply to p1t1o)
Post #: 375
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/1/2022 5:34:16 PM   
ClaudeJ

Hey there,

playing a scenario in which logistic is at premium, such as The Gate of Tears (Indian Fury #4), I found myself scrounging through the bases for specific munitions and cargo.

Based on that experience, I would like to suggest having the Cargo and Magazine listed in the OoB panel, maybe in their own tab, "Magazines & Cargo By Group" eg.

I think that it would allow the player/operator to keep his/her head "up on display" instead of "down on knee board" (pen & paper that is).

Thanks for your attention.

< Message edited by ClaudeJ -- 2/5/2022 8:37:44 PM >

(in reply to Deserere)
Post #: 376
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/5/2022 2:35:29 PM   
Blast33

The thing in CMO is, that Fire Control radars radiate always or not at all..
This makes their location easily detectable by various means. And as a result some Tomahawks or JDAMs are on there way. Easy..
A nice discussion about blinking radars is active on the forum, which is a nice step but only partially covers this situation.
And the discussion about prosecution zones is nice (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5139772) but leaves the fire control radars active after the engagement. So they can be easily targeted.

What if the entry in the WRA/ Self Defense range could be changed to the distance you like the SAM to fire a new situation will arise, which much more closely resembles a more realistic situation.

You can leave Early Warning radars active and Fire Control radars inactive until an enemy crosses the defend range, the acquisition radar becomes active, then the fire control radar and the missile goes away. After the engagement the FC radar goes inactive and is not visible anymore to the enemy. The player can choose to shoot and scoot with the SAM unit or not.

Unfortunately, at the moment, the defend distances are hard coded and not changeable (see image below).
To change this distances would give the game a real step into more realism.
Idea?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Blast33 -- 2/5/2022 2:42:17 PM >

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 377
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/5/2022 8:37:21 PM   
ClaudeJ

Hey there,

I would like to suggest being able to move all selected Ref. Points as a whole, so that they aslo keep their relative position once moved.

It could be associated with a key to hold, such as Shift or Ctrl eg.

(in reply to Blast33)
Post #: 378
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/11/2022 1:47:31 PM   
ClaudeJ

I would like to suggest that the Database Viewer would be able to interpret HTML and/or Markdown code in the description field.

My reasoning is that it would allow one to use tags and markup to optimize the information rendering and even enrich it with hyperlinks, to external resource, such as a "read more" button and to other platforms of the family eg., without cluttering the viewer.

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 379
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/13/2022 9:47:36 AM   
cmanouser1

Order of Battle window: request for a toggle button to show/hide buildings (so that we may only see "playable" units without clutter)

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 380
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/13/2022 11:51:38 AM   
mikerohan

Order Of Battle:

Another tab that shows the status of magazines: either magazines and their weapons OR weapons and their location

(in reply to cmanouser1)
Post #: 381
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/13/2022 9:23:42 PM   
ClaudeJ

Hey there,

could the Database Viewer display ECM sensor's ECMNumberOfTargets field ?

I believe it would be an information useful to know during gameplay, eg. to estimate how many ECM platforms you would need to send in.

PS : ESMNumberOfChannels might be nice to have too.

(in reply to mikerohan)
Post #: 382
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/21/2022 7:48:02 AM   
nukkxx5058

I think it would be nice if Arty bty units (and similar units like SAM or AAA bty) didn't have their WRA category as "Mobile target hardened - mobile vehicle". Because I want to use some type of ammunition (like M30 GMLRS-DPICM) on them but not on tanks (because they are no efficient against heavily armored units). So I need a way to discriminate WRA between the two types of targets.

quote:

GMLRS DPICM is employed against lightly armored, stationary targets such as towed artillery, air defense units, and communication sites.

Thank you.

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 383
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/23/2022 8:42:20 AM   
nukkxx5058

A suggestion: a search field in the scoring log would be very useful for large scenario with lots of scoring events ... sometimes it becomes hard to find a particular scoring item. Thank you in advance if it's possible :-)

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 384
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI