Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
[Poll]

CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests

AMP - Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI
  28% (145)
AMP - Continuous coverage planner
  1% (7)
Scriptless downed/stranded crew (for CSAR)
  2% (13)
Local weather fronts
  9% (48)
Scriptless intermittent sensor settings
  1% (9)
Custom draw on map
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (21)
Real-time MP
  11% (56)
Scriptless carry-over of units between scenarios
  3% (19)
Ground operations: Make units recognize and use roads
  5% (28)
AMP - Ability to edit flightplans prior to takeoff
  3% (19)
Implements full unit edit capability (loadouts, calcs) into ScenEdit
  6% (35)
Warning shots
  1% (9)
Scriptless boarding actions
  0% (3)
Integrated speech-to-text (SeaHag-style)
  2% (11)
Tacview - AAR mode
  4% (22)
Chemical & Biological weapon effects
  1% (10)
Display real-time sonar/self-noise data
  0% (4)
Make A2A-refueling options a doctrine setting
  0% (2)
Have WRA ranges for weapons set in percentage of range rather than 5nm
  0% (2)
Unit "Scoreboard"
  0% (4)
"Search" tool for the cargo list
  0% (1)
Weather/Day-night affects air sorties
  1% (8)
Allow Lua scripting on Losses/Expenditures (for player-tailored stats)
  0% (1)
Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom
  2% (12)
Hotkeys for built-in map layers
  0% (1)

Total Votes : 502

(last vote on : 2/22/2022 7:27:32 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/25/2020 4:53:32 PM   
Filitch

Request for LOS Tool. To narrow field of calculation of LOS Tool to sector, not full circle. Often player needs LOS information only for threat axis. Additionally this allows to improve performance

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 121
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/25/2020 6:12:57 PM   
laro

Also, if a LOS tool is used on a non-moving object (like SAM battery) then there is no need to recalculate constantly.

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 122
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/28/2020 5:57:17 PM   
clone95

Hoping for an improvement to airfield landing/takeoff logic. Seems like planes do lots of cartwheels behind the carrier/airfield and the final approaches take forever.

(in reply to laro)
Post #: 123
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 1/28/2020 8:34:22 PM   
c3k

Folks,

I was trying to hunt down an enemy sub. ;) (Sub tutorial 2.1...I think.)

The enemy sub seemed to be moving on a course of 130 degrees. I wanted to move parallel to it for a little while.

I used F3 and a line appeared from my sub to the cursor. Everywhere the cursor landed, I had all sorts of information...but I had NO IDEA what the bearing was from my location to the the cursor...which would end up being my plotted point towards which I would navigate.

Could we include BEARING and DISTANCE to the cursor from the start point when using F3?

Thanks,

Ken

(in reply to clone95)
Post #: 124
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/2/2020 10:26:35 PM   
LetMePickThat

Hi,

Given that they are becoming more and more common, would it be possible to consider adding these new types of strategic weapons:

- Ballistic missiles using MaRVs (DF-11, DF-21, Pershing II...),
- HGVs (DF-ZF on DF-17, Avangard on UR-100NUTTH),
- Ballistic Missiles w. depressed trajectories (Fateh-110/313, Iskander)

Right now, the last two are not present ingame. The first one is kinda emulated by giving these missiles very good CEPs, but this doesn't model the increased resistance of MaRVs to ABM systems.

Thanks.

< Message edited by LetMePickThat -- 2/2/2020 10:27:12 PM >

(in reply to c3k)
Post #: 125
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/6/2020 1:11:29 PM   
SkyhawkSG1

Suggestion:
Implement into the 'Unit Orders' drop-down menu an option to "Stand By" for a flight of aircraft to start circling with Loiter speed in the midst of their flight route and also "Proceed" to make the flight continue on their route. It would help with ToT options.
Or implement that into the Waypoint menu, to be able to set a waypoint as "Staging" with 'Proceed' button as the release.

Suggestion:
Navy V-22 Osprey having a SEAL commando loadout in some form. Right now they are on some MH-60's and although HIFR is possible it's still a tricky thing to send that poor'lil helo out over the ocean :P

Big guns never tire.

(in reply to LetMePickThat)
Post #: 126
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/9/2020 10:45:17 AM   
AlGrant

quote:

ORIGINAL: c3k

Folks,

The enemy sub seemed to be moving on a course of 130 degrees. I wanted to move parallel to it for a little while.

I used F3 and a line appeared from my sub to the cursor. Everywhere the cursor landed, I had all sorts of information...but I had NO IDEA what the bearing was from my location to the the cursor...which would end up being my plotted point towards which I would navigate.

Could we include BEARING and DISTANCE to the cursor from the start point when using F3?

Thanks,

Ken

Another way of implementing this but without being limited to using F3 would be to include the bearing in the info in the 'Map Cursor Databox'.

If you select a unit and look at the Databox info you will see a Lat/Long and range from 'Sel'.
Lat/Long - 35nm from sel

This is the range from the Selected unit (It's a useful but often overlooked feature) adding the Bearing info to this could show
Lat/Long - 270Deg 35nm from sel

GOD'S EYE DISABLED.

(in reply to c3k)
Post #: 127
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/11/2020 12:44:09 AM   
Frostitute

I'd like to suggest a copy and paste function into the game, specifically for mission doctrines. I tend to make a lot of missions and setting up the rules on tens of very different missions can be a pain. Indeed an option to just copy the mission entirely would be nice too, can just tweak the reference points and have most of the less interesting missions done quickly. A similar functionality for weapons would be nice too, it's a little tedious to manually tweak weapons to be more frugal or to reduce ranges for multiple different near-identical missiles. Especially if missiles shots by range percentage were implemented, could rush through all BVR missiles to fire singles at 75% range (for example) very quickly like that. Would the team be open to mission planner suggestions too? It seems like its something being worked on presently and if its too far along I'd imagine a lot of UI suggestions and the like might not work out.

(in reply to AlGrant)
Post #: 128
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/11/2020 8:13:56 AM   
serjames

Great idea !

I like the idea of being able to save mission "templates" e.g. configured Doctrine, WRA and mission parameters, attack distances, altitudes etc.

You could have them available when you first create the mission.

Setting WRA's is a pain when you have lots of different munitions being used e.g. on large strike ops

(in reply to Frostitute)
Post #: 129
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/11/2020 2:35:27 PM   
Anzu

I'm playing around with making a scenario around the Finnish coast of the Baltic sea and setting up the radar network for the coast stations also used for weather observations.
The problem is however that the major part of the extremely rocky coastal archipelago (there are over 188,000 islands and skerries) is coded as below sea level.

This is mostly fine, as it either way is very shallow and this makes path finding easier, but if possible it would be good to have some more of it as actual islands, as the doctrine of both the Finnish and Swedish navies is centered around hiding among the islands.

At the very least the following islands should be above sea, since they contain lighthouses with important radar stations and in some instances actual coastal fortifications.

Märket: 60° 18′ 2″ N, 19° 7′ 54″ E
Bogskär: 59° 30′ 18″ N, 20° 20′ 54″ E
Harmaja: 60° 6′ 16″ N, 24° 58′ 28″ E
Itätoukki: 60° 6′ 4.18″ N, 25° 11′ 43.73″ E4
Kallbådagrund: 59° 59′ 3.6″ N, 25° 36′ 3.6″ E
Kylmäpihlaja: 61° 8′ 42.43″ N, 21° 18′ 9″ E
Ulkokalla: 64° 19′ 51.42″ N, 23° 26′ 47.69″ E

(in reply to serjames)
Post #: 130
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/25/2020 10:36:42 PM   
dpabrams

I would like see landed detachments take on another layer of detail or at least the ability to break them up into same or similar unit types and give them a proper icon.

For example, if you load your LST with a platoon of tanks, a platoon of ATGM jeeps, an artillery battery of 105mm and another battery of 155mm and then unload that cargo, you get; 1x landed detachment with an "M" icon made up of the combined 105 and 155mm artillery units (labeled arty) and 1x landed detachment with an "M" icon consisting of the combined tank and jeep platoon (labeled mobile unit).

I would like see the sim recognize these units in greater detail and land them accordingly, with the appropriate mil icon. Perhaps the tank platoon would be recognized as such and organized with the armored icon and like vehicles. Perhaps the artillery would broken down into a 105mm battery and another in 155mm and so on. It would be easier to identify your units on the beach and battle area if they had the proper mil ID. When building these units in the editor there is more detailed mil ID available but there could be some additions for SP arty, AVLB etc,.

I don't believe the sim can assign ground units more details such as armor protection and mobility classes (wheeled, tracker etc,.) but someday I would like to see it. Currently these units have a "0" general armor but the sim seems to know that a 7.62 will not take out a MBT. The weapons are assigned damage points but there is no real scale or consistency. For example the Chieftain 120mm APFSDS has 1 DP, while the M48A3 90mm AP has 3 DP?

Am I suggesting too much? I know I may hear play Armored Brigade if you want that level of detail on the ground combat end of things but this is what I wish for.

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Anzu)
Post #: 131
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/26/2020 7:04:14 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: c3k

Folks,

Thanks,

Ken

This was added in one of the recent public betas.

(in reply to c3k)
Post #: 132
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 2/27/2020 10:01:33 PM   
dpabrams

I would like the ability to select and multiple units an move then without grouping and ungrouping. Same goes for reference points.

Vote for Pedro

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 133
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/1/2020 6:35:17 AM   
boogabooga

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: boogabooga

In Aircraft entries in the Database, I think that it would make more sense to put the hyperlinks to the weapons DB entries in with the Aircraft Stores, rather than Aircraft Loadouts. That way, when one looks through the stores and thinks "what is that one?," the hyperlink is right there, no need to comb through loadouts to try to find it again. Also, the hyperlinks are easier to click on in the stores section because there is more space between them.

The CMNAO way of putting them in BOTH places is fine, too.

? Can you post a few pics to demonstrate this?

It's been a while, but here. I just mean these hyperlinks in the Aircraft Stores section, like in CMANO.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 134
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/2/2020 6:29:48 PM   
cgn-9

When running Operation Lions Den in CMO, you can't target the shore based artillery unless you use the Corsairs to ferret them out.

Having a counter battery attack mode would be helpful.

Cheers

USS Long Beach ‘75 - ‘79 Talos FTM-2

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 135
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/6/2020 9:03:58 AM   
KranS

Hello

Will it be possible to bring back the CMANO stile semitransparent raw text message log to CMO?

I have a few reasons.
Firstly, in CMANO, you were able to watch and select a unit even it is under the message log. I think this is a significant feature when you are playing CMO on a single display.
Secondly, which is a bit Personal, I am accustomed to the old Raw text message log, and I want to watch it without Separating the window.

If adding these features is hard, at least adding an option to switch to raw text view without Separating the window will be wonderful.

Thank you.

(in reply to cgn-9)
Post #: 136
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/10/2020 11:11:30 AM   
Frostitute

So I've been looking into how the sensors work and it seems like distance has very little to do with things. I'd like to suggest a rating added to see how each sensor compares to each other. For instance radars showing the distance to spot an F-18C or Mig-29 (identical RCS) so we can compare. Same for optical sensors, ELINT, sonar etc. even if it has to be an arbitrary number. It can just get confusing to see a sensor with a very long range but poor capability only to realise its range is only relevant against shipping whilst a short range sensor would have handled the task well. Or assuming a terrible modern ELINT is a better choice than a dated effective system.

(in reply to KranS)
Post #: 137
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/13/2020 7:12:15 PM   
xan2622

From the Discord server, Suggestion channel:

quote:

by Fox (BMD rocks!):
Suggestion: start loading tiles from the center of the screen rather than on the sides, to avoid that issue.

I second this request, it is a bit frustrating to see other tiles (even those which are outside the view) getting details before the ones that are in front of the player.

(in reply to Frostitute)
Post #: 138
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/14/2020 5:43:09 PM   
xan2622

Current explosion animation

Could it be possible to have better sprites for explosions?
It would be nice if explosions could be shown with a more beautiful animation, maybe something like this one:

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 139
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/28/2020 4:54:45 PM   
xan2622

On CMO version B1139.2 :

I notice a "separator line" between some webp tiles with the BMNG layer.

These screenshots were made with 1221.5 but it happens also on B1139.2

I have the feeling that these lines might be the result of some weird webp compression at the edges of tiles.
Note that it doesn't occur on every tile (just between some tiles).

(in reply to xan2622)
Post #: 140
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/29/2020 3:55:51 PM   
DONNIE67

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONNIE67
planes that are airborne should be added to the flight ops screen.

??? Why?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 141
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/29/2020 3:57:44 PM   
DONNIE67

quote:

Hi. Thank you for reaching out.

Ideally the air ops display should provide a one stop, all inclusive view of the status of all air assets uassigned to the base or carrier. I have been jotting down units as a work around for larger scenarios in instances prior to formalizing a mission.

While the airborne units could be indirectly found by using the orbat or mission editor, I have found this to be a bit more out of the way than a simple status flight ops screen which gives an excellent accounting of all units to begin with.

I also vaguely recall such an indication in an earlier version of cmano. The but "airborne" status came immediately after "taking off" and then disappeared from the status board right after.

(in reply to DONNIE67)
Post #: 142
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/29/2020 3:59:09 PM   
DONNIE67

quote:

quote:

Hi. Thank you for reaching out.

Ideally the air ops display should provide a one stop, all inclusive view of the status of all air assets uassigned to the base or carrier. I have been jotting down units as a work around for larger scenarios in instances prior to formalizing a mission.

While the airborne units could be indirectly found by using the orbat or mission editor, I have found this to be a bit more out of the way than a simple status flight ops screen which gives an excellent accounting of all units to begin with.

I also vaguely recall such an indication in an earlier version of cmano. The but "airborne" status came immediately after "taking off" and then disappeared from the status board right after.

(in reply to DONNIE67)
Post #: 143
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/29/2020 4:02:59 PM   
DONNIE67

quote:

quote:

planes that are airborne should be added to the flight ops screen.

??? Why?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 144
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/29/2020 5:22:27 PM   
DONNIE67

Hi.

I apologize for the multiple re=posts above. I got a little confused with the quote and reply functions.

In any event it is a followup to a previous feature request that was already responded to by Demetris. I responded with additional information that may have gotten lost beacuse I didnt use the response quote originally.. Thank you again..and best wishes.

(in reply to DONNIE67)
Post #: 145
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/30/2020 1:13:17 PM   
TitaniumTrout

Could we get the ability to add Folders to the Quick Battle rather like the scenario browser?

Rather like this so we can nest folders in the Quick Battles folder.

(in reply to DONNIE67)
Post #: 146
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 3/30/2020 4:38:50 PM   
vicmajols

Hi, what about choosing the color of the interface (gray/white background) ??? The background in CMO makes the linked text (in blue) almost unreadable. The old CMANO, with a lighter background was much better and readble without any problem..

Cheers.

VM

(in reply to Surtur)
Post #: 147
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 4/1/2020 5:47:29 PM   
ronmexico111

I can only vote for one but the features I would personally like are a Time-on-target automatic strike generator UI, Scriptless intermittent sensor settings (I think Harpoon had this but it's been several years since I played that game), and Enable borders/coastlines at close-in zoom. I would add multiplayer as well but hey, who doesn't.

"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now

(in reply to Filitch)
Post #: 148
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 4/1/2020 5:50:25 PM   
ronmexico111

quote:

ORIGINAL: KranS

Hello

Will it be possible to bring back the CMANO stile semitransparent raw text message log to CMO?

I am accustomed to the old Raw text message log, and I want to watch it without Separating the window.

If adding these features is hard, at least adding an option to switch to raw text view without Separating the window will be wonderful.

Thank you.

I would vote for this as well.

< Message edited by ronmexico111 -- 4/1/2020 5:51:17 PM >

"Never get out of the boat" Apocalypse Now

(in reply to KranS)
Post #: 149
RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests - 4/2/2020 9:29:30 PM   
kfarley215

There is no question that a TOT indicator for selected aircraft for a strike mission is useful in order to plan multiple strike missions in a coordinated fashion to address "peel the onion" layered strategic operations. However, when combined with Air Refueling then solving Refueling logic is a pre-requisite. I have the following re-fueling logic recommendations:

1. Refueling logic should be broken down into "phases" so that each phase can have appropriate logic. Currently the logic is "did the refueling trigger fire based on % available fuel?" If so, "chase the nearest tanker within the parameter of which mission the tanker belongs to, based on the refueling properties of the base mission." I believe I am stating this accurately but please correct me if I haven't.

2. Refueling phases are as follows. Phase 1: do I have a refueling solution already provided? (Either a tanker assigned to trail me in my mission or a tanker assigned to a Support misson.)
a. If I have trailing refuel solution, then wait for refuel trigger and initiate "chase the tanker" (the current refuel behavior).
b. If I have been assigned a Refuel mission in the mission properties, then add a Way Point (like Strike Missions) that map to the Refuel Zone of the assigned Refuel mission. Once the waypoint is reached within the center or perimeter of the Refuel zone (whichever the Devs prefer) only then initiate the "chase the tanker" logic.
c. If neither of the 2 conditions above, (the refuel mission is to be the closest available) then the Phase 1 (find a refuel solution) should occur prior to the "low fuel" trigger and should be something like "forecasted refuel tanker" starting at about 15% prior to refuel trigger fires. "Forecasted refuel solution" should evaluate the universe of available tankers based on range and flight plans. The aircraft knows its own flight plan and it is reasonable to suppose that the aircraft knows the flight plan of eligible tankers. The set of "forecasted refuel solutions" should be ordered by nearest forecasted aircraft to current flight plans (with estimate for tankers circling a refuel area). Given an ordered set of refuel solutions, updated every 5% of fuel used to stay current, the final choice of refuel solution will be to choose from the forecasted set based on available fuel and refuel queue of the tanker.

I believe the 3 rules above replicate the decision making process that would be considered "common sense" for refueling, but of course I am not a trained Refueling CWO. I was however a Logistics office in the US Army Communications Command and since I've been a software engineer for many years so this describes logic that I think might replicate what I do now as a player of CMO.

Thanks for the great Sim, looking forward to many years of enjoying it!

(in reply to ronmexico111)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: CMO RUNNING POLL - Gameplay feature requests Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI