Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 2:13:18 PM   
stilesw

FWIW, I agree with the assessment of Norton (and McAfee). I have 10 PC's/Laptops for various purposes here (CMO/CMANO being a major one). All running Windows 10.

I've found through much experimentation that Windows Defender, which comes with Windows is 95% effective in blocking bad stuff. This comes with the caveat that you are careful about where you go on the internet and what email attachments you open (obviously nothing from someone you don't know or the email says "Here is your invoice for XXX. Open it immediately". I also run MalwareBytes to periodically scan my drives for malware. On a side note, all bets are off if there are teenagers in the household!.

As additional protection I use Acronis backup software to daily do a complete clone image of my primary systems’ C: drive. That has saved me a couple of times when I’ve done experimentation (read something stupid) and rendered the system unusable. Just restore from last night’s save and back in business. This also helps if you want to put in a larger drive – no re-installation of Windows and applications – just put it in and restore from the last save.

I run a small business to build, setup, repair and upgrade PC’s, laptops and networks and the above information is what I provide clients. Some still like to have an additional 3rd party anti-virus application. For those folks I recommend and install “AVG Free” which is relatively non intrusive compared to Norton/McAfee and does not slow the system down. I’ve found AVG with the aforementioned Windows Defender provide 95%+ protection. Of course with the free version you do have to put up with the “nag” screens recommending you purchase the “pro” upgrade.

In summary,
• Dump Norton or McAfee
• Use Windows 10 Defender
• Use AVG Free (or similar) if you want a 3rd party AV application.
• Be careful where you go on the internet.
• Have a suspicious attitude about emails.
• For guaranteed security install a disk backup utility (there is also one in Windows).

-WS

(in reply to Michael7619)
Post #: 31
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 2:25:52 PM   
magi

When is version 1115.8 coming out ...?

Post #: 32
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 2:40:26 PM   
Michael7619

quote:

ORIGINAL: stilesw

FWIW, I agree with the assessment of Norton (and McAfee). I have 10 PC's/Laptops for various purposes here (CMO/CMANO being a major one). All running Windows 10.

I've found through much experimentation that Windows Defender, which comes with Windows is 95% effective in blocking bad stuff. This comes with the caveat that you are careful about where you go on the internet and what email attachments you open (obviously nothing from someone you don't know or the email says "Here is your invoice for XXX. Open it immediately". I also run MalwareBytes to periodically scan my drives for malware. On a side note, all bets are off if there are teenagers in the household!.

As additional protection I use Acronis backup software to daily do a complete clone image of my primary systems’ C: drive. That has saved me a couple of times when I’ve done experimentation (read something stupid) and rendered the system unusable. Just restore from last night’s save and back in business. This also helps if you want to put in a larger drive – no re-installation of Windows and applications – just put it in and restore from the last save.

I run a small business to build, setup, repair and upgrade PC’s, laptops and networks and the above information is what I provide clients. Some still like to have an additional 3rd party anti-virus application. For those folks I recommend and install “AVG Free” which is relatively non intrusive compared to Norton/McAfee and does not slow the system down. I’ve found AVG with the aforementioned Windows Defender provide 95%+ protection. Of course with the free version you do have to put up with the “nag” screens recommending you purchase the “pro” upgrade.

In summary,
• Dump Norton or McAfee
• Use Windows 10 Defender
• Use AVG Free (or similar) if you want a 3rd party AV application.
• Be careful where you go on the internet.
• Have a suspicious attitude about emails.
• For guaranteed security install a disk backup utility (there is also one in Windows).

-WS

I have teenager in my househould. He has maybe 30 icons in his desktop (its a mess), he loads all kind of mods to his games. I have told my wife and son to bee carefull with email attachments, but are they that i am not so sure. That has been one of my reasons why i have Norton in all machines.

Anyway i think i am going to go with Windows Defender after Norton ends in early December. Will probably have to have a serious talk with my son about internet security.

Thanks for advices and sorry if i have made spelling mistakes or something like that. English is not my native language.

Also getting out of topic so stopping here.

< Message edited by Michael7619 -- 11/19/2019 2:41:36 PM >

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 33
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 3:07:41 PM   
stilesw

quote:

Thanks for advices and sorry if i have made spelling mistakes or something like that. English is not my native language.

Hey,

Don't worry about it. I suspect that a very high percentage of forum folks do not have English as their first language! The main thing is for you to enjoy the simulation and share ideas. Thanks for you inputs.

-Wayne Stiles

“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)

Post #: 34
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 3:20:03 PM   
thewood1

Neither Norton nor MS Defender will protect you from most sophisticated email phishing schemes. Only education will do that. I have two 20-something sons in college and they have issues all the time with school-protected laptops using McAfee and Norton. I don't know of a large corporation using either of those any more. And my sons get Malware all the time on their school laptops. But on their home PCs, with Defender, they have had one in two years.

I personally find most the home PC security companies not very good and causing more problems than they solve.

(in reply to stilesw)
Post #: 35
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 3:58:50 PM   
ZoroastroBR

Well, since we are talking about AVs and not the OP, I suggest getting Kaspersky. Best AV out there.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 36
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 4:07:52 PM   
jmarc67

Update is on Steam now

Post #: 37
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 4:19:36 PM   
thewood1

Funny, mine updated almost three hours ago.

(in reply to jmarc67)
Post #: 38
RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 - 11/19/2019 11:42:25 PM   
Tiramisu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris
Thank you!

If easy, could you please post these individually and with save files in the Tech support forum, so that we can begin tracking them? Thanks!

Yeah, sure! You can find the bug report here: Link
The other bug regarding the altitude for support missions can be easily replicated, if you just set the station altitude to e.g. 6000 feet and then observe that the unit will stay e.g. at 25000 feet instead.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: Command Modern Operations update - Build 1115.7 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI