Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[DB Update Req] SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [DB Update Req] SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[DB Update Req] SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect - 11/26/2019 10:31:04 AM   
Zathred

The SA-15 Tor mobile SAM system modelling seems to have some issues. Not sure whether this is classified as a coding or DB problem.

1. There are several variants of the unit in the database but they all share the same DBID #2606 Scrum Half FCR radar which allows x2 max targets to be illuminated. The different variants have different max targets (Tor-M: x1, Tor-M1: x2, Tor-M2: x4)

2. The WRA allows 1,2,3 or all weapons per salvo but all variants of the Tor can only guide max 2 missiles per target

The result is the original Tor such as DBID #288 is over-powered and the later M2 variants are underpowered both in terms of number of simultaneous targets and number of missiles guided per target.

Note that each "unit" is a platoon of x2 Tor vehicles which I have allowed for in the evaluation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_missile_system

(*) Added to DB3000 request thread

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by apache85 -- 11/28/2019 10:13:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect - 11/28/2019 3:46:53 AM   
Rory Noonan

Thanks for the detailed report.

This is indeed a DB issue, the DB thread is the appropriate place to post it. Wayne will let you know when he's logged it

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 2
RE: SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect - 11/28/2019 11:09:56 AM   
Zathred

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Thanks for the detailed report.

This is indeed a DB issue, the DB thread is the appropriate place to post it. Wayne will let you know when he's logged it

Thanks for the response. Btw I've already added this issue to the DB3000 update thread

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [DB Update Req] SA-15 Mobile SAM modelling incorrect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI