Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of our catalogue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of our catalogue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/27/2019 8:25:15 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: IainMcNeil

List View
- Maybe be able to show more games on a page by adjusting columns to width of your display
- Maybe have a less graphical view where its just a list of names as text with prices / buy button

Personally I like what is done by Osprey Publishing. See this page:
https://ospreypublishing.com/store/military-history/series-books

1. You have the possibility to select Grid or List view
2. You have the possibility to show X product per page

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 31
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/27/2019 8:26:31 PM   
ncc1701e

And, congratulations on the new website, when you buy a game, it is automatically added with its serial number to your page. That's a great addition!

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 32
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/28/2019 10:28:40 AM   
IainMcNeil

Thanks for all the feedback. I've made a list of it all. As a priority we're going to move the Sort button from the bottom of the filter list to top of the product list so its more visible and more obvious it does not pull you out of the current list. The other thing we'll do is add sort options for price and discount level so you can see the best deals at a glance.

The rest are on the list, but its a long list fighting for attention!

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 33
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/28/2019 2:20:37 PM   
budd

You guys need to get the gift card thing worked out. I'm sure your missing out on some sales there.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 34
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/28/2019 5:54:40 PM   
Red2112

I would like to see the option to jump on the product forum page like before. As is, it only takes you to the "news" thread.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 35
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/29/2019 7:46:27 PM   
sfbaytf

Glad I got all the Decisive Campaigns games. IMO a very under rated set, especially Barbarrossa.

I have FlashpointRed Storm Players Edition. Any point in getting the expansion or is that not necessary?

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 36
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/29/2019 8:05:29 PM   
Splatsch

quote:

OK so suggested improvements for the web page

Sort Order
- Price lowest to highest & vice versa
- Maybe also discount % highest to lowest

List View
- Maybe be able to show more games on a page by adjusting columns to width of your display
- Maybe have a less graphical view where its just a list of names as text with prices / buy button

Filter
- Add new filter which lets you search by OS. The biggest issue here is that data is not really there. Tech specs are a text field not actual data so we'd need to develop a completely new system for that which would be a substantial amount of work.

Does this cover it or does any one have anything else or something I missed?

For me that would be already very good :)
For the "list" view, I would suggest you to inspire simply from your pdf ;)

For the OS filter : it would be more convenient (and you would be sure to not make any mistake in purchasing a game), but here it's more on your side to see if it's really worth the work on it. Reading what you say, I would suggest to "think about it, and try to update it one day", but there's no urge.

quote:

Thanks for all the feedback. I've made a list of it all. As a priority we're going to move the Sort button from the bottom of the filter list to top of the product list so its more visible and more obvious it does not pull you out of the current list. The other thing we'll do is add sort options for price and discount level so you can see the best deals at a glance.

The rest are on the list, but its a long list fighting for attention!

Thank you again for taking all of that in account ! That's a huge lot of work indeed. And glad to see already some things coming like sorting with discount :) Personally, like for games (and updates), I don't mind when things take times if that means they are nicely done ;)

Btw, I'm taking the opportunity to say that now, the only main thing that I miss compared to the old site, on the main page, is a kind of a "text/condensed list" (with clickable links) with more news (and maybe the beginning of the included text of each news) to see more in a glance, instead of the 4 thumbs. But don't worry too much, here it's maybe only me :B

Except that nitpick from me, the whole update of the website is good ! So congratulation for the (hard) work to the team ;)
And thanks for this sale with very good discounts !

< Message edited by Splatsch -- 11/29/2019 11:32:15 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 37
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/29/2019 8:56:20 PM   
Buckeyebob1951

Please clarify the pricing. Are the sale prices only for the downloadable version or for the CD? When I added WiTP admirals ed. to my shopping cart I noticed a box to click under it for downloadable and hard copy for an additional amount. Just want to be sure of what I am getting for the sale price. I would want a CD and box so is it really $10 more for that? (Still a great deal. just need clarification)
thanks

(in reply to Splatsch)
Post #: 38
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 11/29/2019 9:53:09 PM   
AP514

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: GibClaret80

Is Desert War 1940-42 for sale ??

Yes -50%

I am Eye'n it also..would buy if I could get a PLAYER not dev or Matrix to reply to my Question

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 39
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 12/2/2019 11:54:42 AM   
IainMcNeil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buckeyebob1951

Please clarify the pricing. Are the sale prices only for the downloadable version or for the CD? When I added WiTP admirals ed. to my shopping cart I noticed a box to click under it for downloadable and hard copy for an additional amount. Just want to be sure of what I am getting for the sale price. I would want a CD and box so is it really $10 more for that? (Still a great deal. just need clarification)
thanks

Sorry if that's not clear. All prices are the digital price and all discounts only apply to the digital price. We cant actually discount the cost of the physical upgrade as that's what it costs us to do (print on demand is unfortunately not cheap) so any discount would mean we lose money if you upgrade to a box. The price of the upgrade varies but a rough guide is +$10 for a box without manual, +$15 for a box and manual and +$20 for hard backed books and some other special editions.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Buckeyebob1951)
Post #: 40
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 12/7/2019 7:30:38 PM   
Mikeydz

When the sale 1st came out, I noticed that the prices were also reflected in the Steam store, but now I just checked (was looking to add Strategic Command:WIE) and the prices on Steam are back to normal. Was the prices on Steam only for a limited time, a mistake and should always have been higher, or the current prices on Steam are a mistake and the sale should still be active?

< Message edited by Mikeydz -- 12/7/2019 7:31:09 PM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 41
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 12/8/2019 11:06:39 PM   
athineos

I already bought the Venerable STEEL PANTHERS: WORLD AT WAR - GENERALS EDITION and I LOVE your new website look!

(in reply to Mikeydz)
Post #: 42
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 12/9/2019 8:38:55 AM   
IainMcNeil

The Steam sale only lasts a few days. This is just how their system works.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to Mikeydz)
Post #: 43
RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of... - 12/9/2019 7:17:27 PM   
Mikeydz

So do the purchases via the Matrix store include a Steam key? I prefer to have everything under one place, but exceptions can be made. :)

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> RE: Matrix Holiday Sale 2019 – Up to 90% off on most of our catalogue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI