Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Steam Issue, Logged] Slow CMO updates via Steam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Steam Issue, Logged] Slow CMO updates via Steam Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Steam Issue, Logged] Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/28/2019 11:39:56 AM   
Zathred

A couple of times now I have started CMO on Steam and it has put up a window saying it is updating the app and to wait until this is complete. It has taken over 20 minutes to do this on a 40Mbps link yet in the end only a handful (~100) of PNG files were updated in the WW\Cache folder.

Watching what is going in via the Windows Resource Monitor it appears to be reading every file under the CMO folder (as when you ask to verify the integrity of the game files) which probably accounts for the delay.

Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

(*) Thinking about it the WW cache files have probably changed from the subsequent game play - as such there seems to be little change in the app itself

< Message edited by apache85 -- 11/29/2019 12:22:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/28/2019 11:45:57 AM   
thewood1

Is it validating the installation? I have had it take a very long time to that and it seems to scan every file, as you would expect.

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 2
RE: Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/28/2019 12:07:38 PM   
Zathred

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Is it validating the installation? I have had it take a very long time to that and it seems to scan every file, as you would expect.

It says it's updating the app but does also seem to be doing a verification type scan which is bad news for a app with an awful lot of files such as CMO!

I've started CMO a few minutes ago and it has updated to build 1115.8 without the long delay.

< Message edited by Zathred -- 11/28/2019 12:08:34 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/28/2019 12:51:47 PM   
zakblood

mines just updated, already had the download files from here, and it took with the check, 2 mins from start to finish, which is on par with just about any steam update smaller or larger tbh

(in reply to Zathred)
Post #: 4
RE: Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/29/2019 12:23:40 AM   
Rory Noonan

Logged for investigation, is this still happening?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Slow CMO updates via Steam - 11/29/2019 8:05:10 AM   
Zathred

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85

Logged for investigation, is this still happening?

This happened two times on two different Windows devices (laptop with SSD and desktop with HDD). Both devices are running Windows 10 v1909 fully patched and ESET Internet Security so share common environments but different hardware.

The small 1115.8 update downloaded without the long delay and full file scan.

When first installed via Steam both devices downloaded the 5GB+ app but then paused the installation whilst downloading a Steam runtime environment update and then re-ran the entire CMO download again which was a little irritating :-)

Will update this thread if any further occurrence as I was looking to see if anyone else has experienced this behaviour.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Steam Issue, Logged] Slow CMO updates via Steam Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI