Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian attack on Sigonella US Strategic Bombers is out!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian attack on Sigonella US Strategic Bombers is out! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian attack on Sigonella US Strategic Bombers is out! - 11/28/2019 7:51:50 PM   
Clockmaster77

Finally I've completed the scenario.
I'll post it here in its 4th revision. For Steam users, it was just published on Steam Workshop too.
Thanks to all for the help and advices I used in its development.
=================================================================================

In September 2021, United States decides to establish a permanent Strategic Bomber Wing on Sigonella NATO Air Base in Sicily, Italy.

They should act as a deterrence force agains further Russian actions in Crimea (Ukraine) and Syria.

After few months, winds of war rises: a Russian Carrier Strike Group is instructed to plan and execute a surgical strike on Sigonella Air Base, trying to destroy the Strategic B-2 Stealth Bombers and Strategic B-1B Transonic Bombers here stationed, with an unexpected retaliatory and higly provocative action.

The Scenario is playable from:

- NATO Italian Air Bases, having at disposal the aircrafts and missile batteries in Sigonella and Gioia del Colle Air Bases, with the task of completely sunk the CV Admiral Kuznetsov and prevent the destruction of the Strategic Bombers, possibly disabling the entire enemy Surface Naval Group.

- Russian Carrier Strike Group led by CV Admiral Kuznetsov and several Guided Missile Cruisers, which task is to completely destroy at least one group of Strategic Bombers, with the assistance of an Attack Submarine. Three Admiral Nakhimov Guided Missile Cruisers are suited to attack Sigonella Air Base, since they are equipped with Kalibr and Onyx Missiles.

- United States Navy Surface Group, composed by two of the last type of Ticonderoga AEGIS Guided Missile Cruisers, an Arleigh Burke Destroyer and an Auxiliary Unit, all assisted by an Attack Submarine. The Group was overseeing what they thought was a Russian military exercise, when the enemy starts the aggression. NATO and U.S. Navy were caught by surprise, so no U.S. Aircraft Carrier were deployed in the area. The task of the U.S. Navy Missile Cruisers and Destroyer is to sunk CV Admiral Kuznetsov Ship at all costs, despite their numerical inferiority, and prevent the destruction of the Stategic Bombers at Sigonella.

Finally, NATO and U.S. Intelligence has gathered information about an high chance of a Lybian Air Force Russian support attack on Sigonella Air Base, so if played by one of these two sides, player must be very careful.

Attachment (1)

"History is the only discipline that is studied not to be repeated."
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Russian attack on Sigonella US Strategic Bombers is out! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI