Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 bugs :(

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 2 bugs :( Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 bugs :( - 6/28/2001 12:06:00 AM   
Voriax

Hello I've spotted couple minor bugs in 5.2 and 5.3 The first one is that on occasion bailed tank crews have no weapons. This happened twice in two different scenarios, and the game version was 5.2 The second one happened in 5.3. I've just fired a shot at an enemy tank and got a message 'Coax gun destroyed' However the tank immediately opfired *and* used that coax. I've still got saves from both incidents if someone's interested. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!
Post #: 1
- 6/28/2001 12:14:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The first is supposed to be that way soetimes teh crew doesn't stop and get stuff before they get out. THe other is probably due to the fact that the messages are keyed to a slot, not a weapon so if there is a coax gun in both slot 2 and 3 then a coax gun can still fire? Send me the save on the latter

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 2
- 6/28/2001 12:53:00 AM   
Lucullus

I've noticed anther bug. In Brave men of Betio, the Marine .30 mmg's are now represented by M3 halftracks. I've also noticed this in Marine Ordeal There is a wierd vehicle in DickerMax. Is there something wrong or am I hallucinating?

"America ... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. "

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist, Fear & Loathing on

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 3
- 6/28/2001 2:20:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

I'm not getting weird icons, try reinstalling?? Check for nested directories withthe same name? Voriax - you'll note on the PantherG that teh second wepons slot has the NvW92 thing, not the coax mg theprogram expects - it did lose that, but the damage routine thinks slot 1 is the main gun, slot 2 is teh coax, slot 3 is teh bow MG and slot 4 is teh AAMG. WHat is really inthose slots varies sometimes like on the Panther G...

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 4
- 6/28/2001 6:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

For some reason, you have outdated scenarios Lucullus. The OOB files were changed AFTER these scenarios were done. I'm going to send you the updated ones. The .30 cal LMG was removed, and that is why you have those weird icons. Oh, which version are you playing of the game? Files are on the way. Enjoy. If you see any more like that, let me know, please! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 5
- 6/28/2001 7:01:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Your e-mail address is not available, so I guess I won't send 'em. If you want them, or any of the rest of you with outdated files, let me know and I'll send them. billw@matrixgames.com Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 6
- 6/28/2001 11:55:00 PM   
RockinHarry

quote:

Originally posted by Voriax: Hello The first one is that on occasion bailed tank crews have no weapons. This happened twice in two different scenarios, and the game version was 5.2 Voriax
That´s caused by a destroyed tank/vehicle main gun (slot1) before the crew bailed. Also means crew has no smoke loads as smoke is related to slot1 weapon. ________ Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 7
- 6/29/2001 12:19:00 AM   
Lucullus

Thanks WB!! I just e-mailed you my e-mail. I appreciate the help.

"America ... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. "

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist, Fear & Loathing on

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 8
- 6/29/2001 2:42:00 AM   
Halgary

I found a bug too: Engineers will clear Dragon teeth from the hex thay are in, even if WILL NOT CLEAR MINES IN FRONT OF UNIT is set. Not good when defending.

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 9
- 6/29/2001 4:00:00 AM   
Charles2222

Halgary: It's likely that the infantry also clear mines in the same hex since there's no way to turn them off, if you don't want to. I don't know, but for whatever reasons I can't recall my infantry ever having that work for them (removing them that is). Allegedly engineers will clear mines in front of them if the option is on AND clear mines in their hex, but I can't recall them clearing mine sin their hex either, but it would make sense that they couldn't clear mines in both hexes at the same time, perhaps preferring the minefiled in the direction it's pointing to the one it's in. It would be simple enough to experiment with to know for sure.

(in reply to Voriax)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 2 bugs :( Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI