Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: v1.23.04 Beta, Update 12/22/2019

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: v1.23.04 Beta, Update 12/22/2019 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: v1.23.04 Beta, Update 12/22/2019 - 1/20/2020 11:19:37 PM   
pzgndr

Status update on v1.23.05. I have been busy working on the next update, mostly chasing down supply issues for depots and siege foraging and pbem combat issues with sieges. For the most part things are working well again for solitaire games but the AI swapping issue in pbem games persists. MapleLeaf and his pbem games will be using the attached update for the next week or so while I dig into the AI swapping, but I also want to share this work-in-progress for others.

quote:

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.05
=============================================
- Garrisons and corps under siege incorrectly allowed to manually forage normally - resolved.
- Leader picture link to in-game help file not working correctly - resolved.
- Defender pursuit losses more than available troops not working correctly - resolved.
- Forage messages not consistent and could be improved - resolved.
- Placing depots not working correctly - resolved.
- Siege combats not working correctly in PBEM - resolved.
- Restrict AI unit loss unless necessary if leader assigned - resolved.

I will continue to investigate the AI switching problem. FWIW, over the past couple of weeks I have become more savvy with the debugger features which allowed me to track down the depot and siege combat problems. This should help me with the AI problem using game saves MapleLeaf has provided. So when I get that fixed plus whatever else may arise in the pbem games, I will then post the v1.23.05 update.

After that we should be in the home stretch for an official update. I would then need to make minor bug fixes, AI improvements, and resolve the 1812 scenario issues for a final beta and then the comprehensive patch. Getting there!

UPDATE 2/3/20. I have some very encouraging news to report. The past couple of weeks have been productive. I ran to ground the AI swapping problem and I think I have resolved it. I also tracked down and fixed a problem with controlled minor corps not moving in enemy nations. MapleLeaf has another update for playtesting with his pbem games. If I get a good report in the next week or so, I will post v1.23.05 Beta as a pretty solid update. In the meantime, I have also spent some time on AI improvements. Latest change log is below:

quote:

Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars - 1.23.05
=============================================
- Garrisons and corps under siege incorrectly allowed to manually forage normally - resolved.
- Leader picture link to in-game help file not working correctly - resolved.
- Defender pursuit losses more than available troops not working correctly - resolved.
- Forage messages not consistent and could be improved - resolved.
- Placing depots not working correctly - resolved.
- Restrict AI unit losses unless necessary if leader assigned - resolved.
- Siege battles causing human pbem players to be swapped with AI - resolved.
- Minor corps not able to move in enemy nation - resolved.
- AI attacker-human defender trivial combat not working correctly - resolved.
- AI naval improvements - resolved.

The AI switching problem was related to the game setting human player to AI for both quick combat option and for other cases where computer control is necessary, but also checking for quick combat option in some cases to change the player back. So I'm optimistic changing the player back regardless of the quick combat option should resolve this.

Then I stated playing for some fun for a change and spotted an AI attack that should have been trivial combat but wasn't. Similar to the change I made in .04 for AI-AI combat, I needed to add some code for trivial combat with human defender. And for naval movements, I have been annoyed with seemingly random moves by Royal Navy to the Baltic for no good reason. I tracked that down possible amphibious landing checks that would also get a supporting fleet, but even when the amphib op was cancelled the support fleet would still go. So that piece of code got moved to only support amphib ops that actually happen. As I wait for a game report, I will continue to do what I can.

I greatly appreciate the patience of MapleLeaf and his pbem group players, helping to find and report these (last?) pbem bugs that have challenged us for years. Please stand by for v1.23.05 Beta. Keeping fingers crossed...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by pzgndr -- 2/4/2020 12:29:26 AM >

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Asberdies)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> RE: v1.23.04 Beta, Update 12/22/2019 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI