Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thank you !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Thank you ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thank you ! - 1/26/2020 7:24:16 PM   
masp_3

Hello together,

iam not posting very often on forums, but i just wanted to say "thank you" to the developers of this game and the Strategic Command Series in general. This games were under my radar for a long time, but now iam really happy that i have found them. They give me something which other comparable games fail to deliever in the combination:

- I don´t want/like a total sandbox WW2 with massive alternate history, i want to refight history with possible variances. So the perfect solution for me is the historical events and decision system of SC. And iam a history buff, so i love reading the background informations to the decisions and the atmosphere it creates.

- i love the clear focus on the military grand strategy. I don´t want to decide which rifles for the troops need to produced in how many factories or that i have to take care too much of government/civil decisions. So the simplified aspect of diplomacy/economy and production in SC is perfect for my taste.

- the clear 2d map and the interface is also really good. I know other games have this 3d maps with a lot of bling bling effects, but for me a 2d map is much more informative and not so "exhausting" to concentrate on it as a 3d map.

So to sum it up, the series has the perfect balance for me and iam really looking forward to the future of Strategic Command.
Just wanted so say that :-)
Post #: 1
RE: Thank you ! - 1/27/2020 3:54:48 PM   
BillRunacre

Thanks, it's great to see how much you're enjoying it!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to masp_3)
Post #: 2
RE: Thank you ! - 1/27/2020 5:54:30 PM   
Bylandt11

Happy to hear you discovered this game. I'm a fan of SC since the very first title. It has never disappointed me (even during the brief experiment with a square grid instead of a hex grid )

Despite its elegant simplicity this game evokes WW1 and WW2 better than much more complicated games that require a lot of micromanagement.

(in reply to masp_3)
Post #: 3
RE: Thank you ! - 1/27/2020 7:06:55 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: masp_3

Hello together,

iam not posting very often on forums, but i just wanted to say "thank you" to the developers of this game and the Strategic Command Series in general. This games were under my radar for a long time, but now iam really happy that i have found them. They give me something which other comparable games fail to deliever in the combination:

- I don´t want/like a total sandbox WW2 with massive alternate history, i want to refight history with possible variances. So the perfect solution for me is the historical events and decision system of SC. And iam a history buff, so i love reading the background informations to the decisions and the atmosphere it creates.

- i love the clear focus on the military grand strategy. I don´t want to decide which rifles for the troops need to produced in how many factories or that i have to take care too much of government/civil decisions. So the simplified aspect of diplomacy/economy and production in SC is perfect for my taste.

- the clear 2d map and the interface is also really good. I know other games have this 3d maps with a lot of bling bling effects, but for me a 2d map is much more informative and not so "exhausting" to concentrate on it as a 3d map.

So to sum it up, the series has the perfect balance for me and iam really looking forward to the future of Strategic Command.
Just wanted so say that :-)

Exactly why I love these games too. You should try the map mods they are really great!

(in reply to masp_3)
Post #: 4
RE: Thank you ! - 1/27/2020 7:36:59 PM   
masp_3

i definitely will

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Thank you ! - 1/28/2020 12:57:45 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks from me too! Always nice to hear back from those that are truly enjoying the game series of Strategic Command

(in reply to masp_3)
Post #: 6
RE: Thank you ! - 2/24/2020 12:04:09 AM   
Trooper1

I have been a fan of the SC Command Series since 10+ years. After mods deleted my post about the low AI on the new WW1 edition I am a kind of double disappointed. First that the game is still way too easy PVE and in parts not realistic (compared to the standards of the series). Second that this kind of feedback seems to get shut off in the forums. I dont think that's necessary.

Anyway I hope you continue working on the game. It has lots of potential and I also know authentic WW1 warfare is certainly not an easy meta to simulate.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 7
RE: Thank you ! - 2/24/2020 9:31:06 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Trooper1,

That's the first I've heard of a removed post? Where was the post made? Here? Steam?

Hubert

(in reply to Trooper1)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Thank you ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI