Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT - The New Coronavirus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT - The New Coronavirus Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/4/2020 8:14:49 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Cross bow or long bow?

And, BTW, I hunt with rifle and shot gun. I am also a good pistol target shooter.

RR

Yeah 12 gauge shotgun ftw. Something that won't blow up small game but big enough to take down the bigger stuff like deer and elk. Range is limited but if you could only have one that would be the one.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 931
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/4/2020 8:15:52 PM   
Red2112

Spanish Legion in the 80´s, and both grandfathers in the civil war, need I say more?

Post #: 932
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 2:37:47 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Today's worldwide figures:

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 933
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 3:25:58 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Spanish Legion in the 80´s, and both grandfathers in the civil war, need I say more?

I suppose if you were a Native American back in the 1800s that may make some sense. A bow to hunt and a gun to shoot the invaders.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 934
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 4:03:59 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

I suppose if you were a Native American back in the 1800s that may make some sense. A bow to hunt and a gun to shoot the invaders.

Or a gun to chase other Native Americans off their land.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 935
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 4:46:11 PM   
MrRoadrunner

65,711/1,216,422= 5.4%

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 936
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 4:49:08 PM   
Red2112

Same applies now, just that the enemy has changed.

That I know of, natives didn´t have guns, which is part of my point.

As they say, a revolution is when you find out that who was to be a enemy really is not your enemy, so you have been lied to by those who you trusted.

But hey, some people are happy with that, and get turned on by it, or big big guns

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 937
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 4:50:18 PM   
Red2112

Sick minds, in such sensitive times!

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 938
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 5:27:57 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

Same applies now, just that the enemy has changed.

That I know of, natives didn´t have guns, which is part of my point.

As they say, a revolution is when you find out that who was to be a enemy really is not your enemy, so you have been lied to by those who you trusted.

But hey, some people are happy with that, and get turned on by it, or big big guns

The Ojibwa/Chippewa pushed the Dakota/Lakota off their lands with the guns that they got from the French to attack English colonists. The Ojibwa name for the Dakota? The "Sioux" which means enemy.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 939
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 7:28:29 PM   
Red2112

In other words, the white man gave them guns. They probably named the cause too. As with the weapons of mass destruction. Did we find those yet?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 940
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 8:11:20 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

In other words, the white man gave them guns. They probably named the cause too. As with the weapons of mass destruction. Did we find those yet?

Yes, American tobacco and syphilis among other things.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Red2112)
Post #: 941
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 9:27:04 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Not that anyone will care, since some seem to push their political points of view while taunting others.
Here's some perspective on pandemics through history.
No speculation. No politics. Just history:

1. Plague of Justinian—No One Left to Die

The plague decimated Constantinople and spread like wildfire across Europe, Asia, North Africa and Arabia killing an estimated 30 to 50 million people, perhaps half of the world’s population.
The Plague of Justinian arrived in Constantinople, the capital of the Byzantine Empire, in 541 CE. It was carried over the Mediterranean Sea from Egypt, a recently conquered land paying tribute to Emperor Justinian in grain. Plague-ridden fleas hitched a ride on the black rats that snacked on the grain.
“People had no real understanding of how to fight it other than trying to avoid sick people,” says Thomas Mockaitis, a history professor at DePaul University. “As to how the plague ended, the best guess is that the majority of people in a pandemic somehow survive, and those who survive have immunity.”

2. Black Death—The Invention of Quarantine
The plague never really went away, and when it returned 800 years later, it killed with reckless abandon. The Black Death, which hit Europe in 1347, claimed an astonishing 200 million lives in just four years.

3. The Great Plague of London—Sealing Up the Sick
London never really caught a break after the Black Death. The plague resurfaced roughly every 20 years from 1348 to 1665—40 outbreaks in 300 years. And with each new plague epidemic, 20 percent of the men, women and children living in the British capital were killed.
By the early 1500s, England imposed the first laws to separate and isolate the sick. Homes stricken by plague were marked with a bale of hay strung to a pole outside. If you had infected family members, you had to carry a white pole when you went out in public. Cats and dogs were believed to carry the disease, so there was a wholesale massacre of hundreds of thousands of animals.
The Great Plague of 1665 was the last and one of the worst of the centuries-long outbreaks, killing 100,000 Londoners in just seven months. All public entertainment was banned and victims were forcibly shut into their homes to prevent the spread of the disease. Red crosses were painted on their doors along with a plea for forgiveness: “Lord have mercy upon us.”

4. Smallpox—A European Disease Ravages the New World
Smallpox was endemic to Europe, Asia and Arabia for centuries, a persistent menace that killed three out of ten people it infected and left the rest with pockmarked scars. But the death rate in the Old World paled in comparison to the devastation wrought on native populations in the New World when the smallpox virus arrived in the 15th century with the first European explorers.
“There hasn’t been a kill off in human history to match what happened in the Americas—90 to 95 percent of the indigenous population wiped out over a century,” says Mockaitis. “Mexico goes from 11 million people pre-conquest to one million.”

5. Cholera—A Victory for Public Health Research
In the early- to mid-19th century, cholera tore through England, killing tens of thousands. The prevailing scientific theory of the day said that the disease was spread by foul air known as a “miasma.” But a British doctor named John Snow suspected that the mysterious disease, which killed its victims within days of the first symptoms, lurked in London’s drinking water.
While cholera has largely been eradicated in developed countries, it’s still a persistent killer in third-world countries lacking adequate sewage treatment and access to clean drinking water.

https://www.history.com/news/pandemics-end-plague-cholera-black-death-smallpox

Perspective? Not politics.

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 942
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/5/2020 11:06:08 PM   
MrRoadrunner

And the more recent ones that are flu.
Though, I don't remember shutting down the economy in 2009.

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918. It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/1918-pandemic-h1n1.html

2000s

April 2002: The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) encourages that children 6 to 23 months of age be vaccinated annually against influenza.
2003: Public health officials are concerned about a re-emergence of H5N1 avian influenza reported in China and Vietnam.
June 2003: The first nasal spray flu vaccine is licensed.
2004: The National incident Management System (NIMS) is established to coordinate response for public health incidents that require actions by all levels of government, as well as public, private, and nongovernmental organizations.
2005: The US. Government National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza is published
2005: The entire genome of the 1918 H1N1 pandemic influenza virus is sequenced
2006: CDC stops recommending adamantanes during the 2005-2006 season after high levels of resistance among influenza A viruses. In the US, resistance increased from 1.9% during the 2003-2004 season to 11% in the 2004-2005 season.
2006: The National Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Implementation Plan is published. The document outlines U.S. preparedness and response to prevent the spread of a pandemic.
2007: The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) establishes the One Health initiative Task Force, an effort to attain optimal health for people, animals, and the environment.
2007: The American Medical Association unanimously approves a resolution calling for increased collaboration between human and veterinary medical communities. The term ‘one health,’ which looks at the interactions between animal and human health, enters the medical and scientific lexicon.
2007: The One Health approach is recommended for pandemic preparedness during the International Ministerial Conference on Avian and Pandemic Influenza
2007: FDA approves the first U.S. vaccine for people against an avian influenza A(H5N1) virus.
2007: Human infection with a novel influenza virus is added to the nationally notifiable disease list
2008: ACIP expands its influenza vaccination recommendation to include vaccination of children ages 5-18 years.
2008: HHS Pandemic Influenza Operational Plan is published
2008: CDC receives US Food and Drug Administration approval for a highly sensitive influenza polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assay. These tests can detect influenza with high specificity that enhances diagnosis and treatment options.
2008: The Influenza Reagent Resource (IRR) is established by CDC to provide registered users with reagents, tools, and information to study and detect influenza viruses
April 17, 2009: A new H1N1 virus is detected in the U.S.
CDC begins working to develop a virus (called a candidate vaccine virus) that could be used to make vaccine to protect against this new virus.
April 25, 2009: The World Health Organization (WHO) declares a public health emergency of international concern.
June 11, 2009: WHO officially declares the new 2009 H1N1 outbreak a pandemic.
2009: CDC begins a complex and multi-faceted response to the H1N1 pandemic which lasts more than a year.
2009: Physicians use point of care rapid immunoassay tests to provide influenza results within 15 minutes during the H1N1 pandemic
October 5, 2009: The first doses of monovalent H1N1 pandemic vaccine are administered.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/pandemic-timeline-1930-and-beyond.htm

RR

Post #: 943
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 1:43:42 AM   
Lobster

Smallpox was first seen in Egyptian mummies. It was with humanity for centuries. The death rate was 30%. In 1/3 of the survivors it resulted in blindness. It likely jumped to humans from cattle. It was noticed that milkmaids did not get the disease. I can't recall the persons name but he used the puss (yeah yuck) of cowpox to inoculate his family by making a small cut and putting in the puss. It worked.

So anyway, in the 20th century before the disease was eradicated 500 million people died of it. The last person to have it was in 1977. It typically killed the young. Compared to the smallpox virus the current virus is a picnic. That still doesn't take away from the fact that it kills people.

Post #: 944
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 2:16:51 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

Smallpox was first seen in Egyptian mummies. It was with humanity for centuries. The death rate was 30%. In 1/3 of the survivors it resulted in blindness. It likely jumped to humans from cattle. It was noticed that milkmaids did not get the disease. I can't recall the persons name but he used the puss (yeah yuck) of cowpox to inoculate his family by making a small cut and putting in the puss. It worked.

So anyway, in the 20th century before the disease was eradicated 500 million people died of it. The last person to have it was in 1977. It typically killed the young. Compared to the smallpox virus the current virus is a picnic. That still doesn't take away from the fact that it kills people.

Dr. Edward Jenner worked on the smallpox vaccine. Cowpox is a related disease but after an infection of that, there was immunity to smallpox. Milk maids used to get cowpox, hence the term "Milkmaid complexion."

quote:

By 1768, English physician John Fewster had realised that prior infection with cowpox rendered a person immune to smallpox.[28] In the years following 1770, at least five investigators in England and Germany (Sevel, Jensen, Jesty 1774, Rendell, Plett 1791) successfully tested in humans a cowpox vaccine against smallpox.[29] For example, Dorset farmer Benjamin Jesty[30] successfully vaccinated and presumably induced immunity with cowpox in his wife and two children during a smallpox epidemic in 1774, but it was not until Jenner's work that the procedure became widely understood. Jenner may have been aware of Jesty's procedures and success.[31] A similar observation had also been made in France by Jacques Antoine Rabaut-Pommier in 1780.[32]

Noting the common observation that milkmaids were generally immune to smallpox, Jenner postulated that the pus in the blisters that milkmaids received from cowpox (a disease similar to smallpox, but much less virulent) protected them from smallpox.
Jenner's Hypothesis:
The initial source of infection was a disease of horses, called "the grease", which was transferred to cattle by farm workers, transformed, and then manifested as cowpox.
Dr Jenner performing his first vaccination on James Phipps, a boy of age 8. 14 May 1796

On 14 May 1796, Jenner tested his hypothesis by inoculating James Phipps, an eight-year-old boy who was the son of Jenner's gardener. He scraped pus from cowpox blisters on the hands of Sarah Nelmes, a milkmaid who had caught cowpox from a cow called Blossom,[33] whose hide now hangs on the wall of the St George's medical school library (now in Tooting). Phipps was the 17th case described in Jenner's first paper on vaccination.[34]

Jenner inoculated Phipps in both arms that day, subsequently producing in Phipps a fever and some uneasiness, but no full-blown infection. Later, he injected Phipps with variolous material, the routine method of immunization at that time. No disease followed. The boy was later challenged with variolous material and again showed no sign of infection.
Known:
Smallpox is more dangerous than variolation and cowpox less dangerous than variolation.
Hypothesis:
If target is infected with cowpox, then target is immune to smallpox.
Test:
If variolation after infection with cowpox fails to produce a smallpox infection, immunity to smallpox has been achieved.
Consequence:
Immunity to smallpox can be induced much more safely than by variolation.

Donald Hopkins has written, "Jenner's unique contribution was not that he inoculated a few persons with cowpox, but that he then proved [by subsequent challenges] that they were immune to smallpox. Moreover, he demonstrated that the protective cowpox pus could be effectively inoculated from person to person, not just directly from cattle."[35] Jenner successfully tested his hypothesis on 23 additional subjects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Jenner

― Julia Child

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 945
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 12:50:39 PM   
Red2112

2.5 million mask were dontated to Spain by Italy...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_HPviAszE

These are the numbers Iam interested in.

My numbers are, 1 dead, 1 in the hospital, and 2 positives at home, out of 7. These are my real numbers, and those that I do care, but I also have respect for the other 69,527 deaths of the rest of the world!

Open a new post titled COVID-19 statistics or simulations. Let those who want to see numbers, or speculations hit that.

We see these numbers every day on the news, on the web, ect, to some that´s there job which I also respect. We really don´t need to see them here too. It´s a matter of being respectful, don´t you think?

Unfortutantely all this has alot to do with politics (goverments), because we pay them to keep us safe, among other things! They declare the state of alarm, thus forcing the lockdown, unable to go to work, so no income, unable to buy food or pay rent ect. But you will have to pay your taxes Sir! Even worst when this is over. I can´t see how that can be ignored. Sure they can come up with a cure, but again, it´s going to be up to your goverment what they do with it, and how.

So yeah, some motives to be a bit pissed-off aside from the lies and losing a loved one. But you can paint his pink, are go blind, what ever turns you on, but don´t tell me I don´t care! I don´t think your losing anything by the way you talk, so should I ask myself if you really care?

Yeah, I decided to come up front and talk about this, some might have decided not to share there feelings here, so we really don´t know how many Matrix users have been directly effected by this misfortunate incident. But I for one have always tried to put myself in others ones shoes, some should try that.

Whish I would have never said anything here.

End of the story...

Stay safe, healthy, and sane!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 946
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 1:06:29 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

The Ojibwa/Chippewa pushed the Dakota/Lakota off their lands with the guns that they got from the French to attack English colonists. The Ojibwa name for the Dakota? The "Sioux" which means enemy.

No not really. Siouan word 'Nadowessi' means "Little Snakes". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sioux

I imagine they called the Sioux the enemy but that's not what the name means.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 947
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 2:17:56 PM   
rico21

I am so that the (appalling) figures can continue to be given.
Why?
To continue to put pressure on decision makers, our elected officials, to prevent them from falling asleep with their soothing speeches.
To push them to act, to do more, it's our way of expressing ourselves.
It is unfair? certainly yes. This will not console us for our past or future losses.
When we open a thread on the covid 19, we are not talking about the life of the teddy bears.
Everyone has the right to agree or disagree, whether we like it or not!
Protect yourself, protect your family and do the right thing!

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 948
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 2:24:41 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Attachment (1)

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 949
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 2:33:43 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

I am so that the (appalling) figures can continue to be given.
Why?
To continue to put pressure on decision makers, our elected officials, to prevent them from falling asleep with their soothing speeches.
To push them to act, to do more, it's our way of expressing ourselves.
It is unfair? certainly yes. This will not console us for our past or future losses.
When we open a thread on the covid 19, we are not talking about the life of the teddy bears.
Everyone has the right to agree or disagree, whether we like it or not!
Protect yourself, protect your family and do the right thing!

But do not panic. It does no one any good.

― Julia Child

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 950
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 2:46:45 PM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Do you really believe this has a mortality rate of 20%,ie 10/20 times the best estimates?

If you don't believe you have a remarkable insight denied to everyone else why carry on publishing these (admittedly very pretty) graphs?

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 951
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:00:37 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: loki100

Do you really believe this has a mortality rate of 20%,ie 10/20 times the best estimates?

Best guesses you mean. I'm simply not going to work with "belief". I'll stick to the data.

As I've said before, the figures I'm posting are the only ones available to us that do not use data manipulation or speculation.

Regardless, note that the first three columns are just raw data. Their charts have a usefulness independent of any conflict over the death rate. For example, we can see clearly that there has been no "flattening of the curve" on the Total Cases chart.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 4/6/2020 3:26:25 PM >

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 952
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:02:21 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

If you don't believe you have a remarkable insight denied to everyone else why carry on publishing these (admittedly very pretty) graphs?

I think that he wants to keep the panic level high. Maybe he has an online store and wants to reap high profits.

― Julia Child

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 953
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:03:32 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

I think that he wants to keep the panic level high. Maybe he has an online store and wants to reap high profits.

A lie.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 954
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:22:17 PM   
Lobster

quote:

quote:

It all depends on how you look at the statistics. The serious and critical are potential deaths. So I could say there will be a potential ~10% death rate and be as correct as anyone else because NO ONE KNOWS. Not even the experts and they will be the first to tell you that. BTW you use the word estimate. Which should tell you no one knows.

From Worldometer:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lobster -- 4/6/2020 3:29:06 PM >

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 955
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:36:16 PM   
Zovs

Bob and Jack both of your numbers are incorrect, even the WHO numbers are faulty. Why you ask? Because the Chinese are not reporting all the cases of confirmed and dead.

China is not telling the truth on their actual numbers.

Those that would believe what the Chinese communist party is reporting, well I have a golden bridge for sale, it’s a steal at $50 bucks.

Beta Tester for:
Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm
War in the East 1 & 2
WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific
Valor & Victory
DG CWIE 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 956
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:39:12 PM   
Lobster

Yeah that's what I'm trying to get across. There are no correct numbers. Never has been.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 957
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:46:17 PM   
rico21

Behind these numbers,
--------
Coronavirus: in Romania, the wrath of doctors "sent to death"

Resignations are increasing among healthcare workers to protest against the lack of resources. The country's medical density is the lowest in Europe.

It’s a small town on the border with Ukraine in northeast Romania: Suceava, some 100,000 people and 33 dead since the official confirmation of the presence of the coronavirus in the country in late February. In this peaceful commune, which has become the main center of infection for Covid-19 in Romania, 866 people have contracted the disease (out of 3,894 cases in total, and 148 dead to date). A quarter of them are doctors and nurses, who have resigned en masse. They accuse the local authorities of not having supplied them with masks and protective equipment.

"We were sent to death," said a doctor who hides his identity during this state of emergency and curfew, which were guaranteed by the police and the army. "No gloves, no masks, shortage of disinfectants and combinations, nothing, nada, that slab," he protests. How to treat the sick? We are doctors, not magicians. "

The anger of practitioners is mounting in Romania. The coronavirus epidemic puts an underfunded medical system in dire need of protective equipment, and more and more doctors prefer to resign. "It's easy to blame us," says Dr. Camelia Roiu, who practices at the Bucharest Burns Hospital. To ask us to fight the virus without ensuring any protection is criminal. "This opinion was not unanimous, however. "All medical executives have an obligation to save their patients," said anesthesiologist Radu Tincu, in the emergency room of Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest. It is not moral to abandon patients when they need us most. "
"Respect the Hippocratic Oath"

The state of emergency having been declared, the authorities no longer communicate the figures relating to these resignations, but the testimonies of the doctors reveal the extent of the phenomenon.

Newspaper "Le Monde".

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 958
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:52:00 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Bob and Jack both of your numbers are incorrect, even the WHO numbers are faulty. Why you ask? Because the Chinese are not reporting all the cases of confirmed and dead.

China is not telling the truth on their actual numbers.

Those that would believe what the Chinese communist party is reporting, well I have a golden bridge for sale, it’s a steal at $50 bucks.

More "belief". I simply choose not to deal in belief.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 959
RE: OT - The New Coronavirus - 4/6/2020 3:57:35 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: rico21

Behind these numbers,
--------
Coronavirus: in Romania, the wrath of doctors "sent to death"

Resignations are increasing among healthcare workers to protest against the lack of resources. The country's medical density is the lowest in Europe.

It’s a small town on the border with Ukraine in northeast Romania: Suceava, some 100,000 people and 33 dead since the official confirmation of the presence of the coronavirus in the country in late February. In this peaceful commune, which has become the main center of infection for Covid-19 in Romania, 866 people have contracted the disease (out of 3,894 cases in total, and 148 dead to date). A quarter of them are doctors and nurses, who have resigned en masse. They accuse the local authorities of not having supplied them with masks and protective equipment.

"We were sent to death," said a doctor who hides his identity during this state of emergency and curfew, which were guaranteed by the police and the army. "No gloves, no masks, shortage of disinfectants and combinations, nothing, nada, that slab," he protests. How to treat the sick? We are doctors, not magicians. "

The anger of practitioners is mounting in Romania. The coronavirus epidemic puts an underfunded medical system in dire need of protective equipment, and more and more doctors prefer to resign. "It's easy to blame us," says Dr. Camelia Roiu, who practices at the Bucharest Burns Hospital. To ask us to fight the virus without ensuring any protection is criminal. "This opinion was not unanimous, however. "All medical executives have an obligation to save their patients," said anesthesiologist Radu Tincu, in the emergency room of Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest. It is not moral to abandon patients when they need us most. "
"Respect the Hippocratic Oath"

The state of emergency having been declared, the authorities no longer communicate the figures relating to these resignations, but the testimonies of the doctors reveal the extent of the phenomenon.

Newspaper "Le Monde".

This is a disaster in the making. Where is China and all of it's wonderful aid? Why don't they help Romania? The rest of the world is still in the first month or two of the worst and have no aid to send.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 960
Page:   <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OT - The New Coronavirus Page: <<   < prev  30 31 [32] 33 34   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI