Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/4/2020 4:58:40 AM   
Edward75

How to install Tracker and Java on the Windows operating system (64-bit)?
I need help! How to install Tracker on the Windows operating system (64-bit)? Most computers now have a 64-bit system. All new is for sure!
After each reinstallation of the system or on a new computer, I encounter this problem! How to do it right? Explain step by step, please! What is link to download and install Java?

Important question! How to install regular Java for a 64-bit system (by default) and Java for a 32-bit system (for a Tracker) at the same time?

Another question. Java is periodically updated, and after updating the tracker may not work again. What needs to be done for this case?

What features are there for Windows 10?

< Message edited by Edward75 -- 2/4/2020 8:08:40 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/16/2020 8:42:19 AM   
Yaab

You can download Java 32-bit from here

https://www.filehorse.com/download-java-runtime-32/

Install Tracker.

Then you have to point the Tracker bat file to a folder where Java 32-bit is located on your computer. I think you can open the file in Windows Notepad and edit it there. My path looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_231\bin\java.exe" -Xms256m -Xmx768m -jar "WitPTracker.jar" nomap
pause

If you get any errors, post your question in the main Tracker thread.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 2/16/2020 8:46:38 AM >

(in reply to Edward75)
Post #: 2
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/16/2020 9:11:08 AM   
inqistor

You don't have to change path in bat file. Actually, every java update uses new name, so you would have to change it every time. Just copy java.exe to tracker folder, but make sure you are using 32 bit version.

I just got new computer, installed java 32 bit, and copied tracker folder from old computer. All works right away.

EDIT
Oh, and there are some problems with memory management, you have to use NoMap bat, after database grows too large.

< Message edited by inqistor -- 2/16/2020 9:12:23 AM >

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 3
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 12:06:35 PM   
Edward75

quote:

Oh, and there are some problems with memory management, you have to use NoMap bat, after database grows too large.

What is a NoMap bat? And what needs to be done specifically?

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 4
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 6:25:02 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

You don't have to change path in bat file. Actually, every java update uses new name, so you would have to change it every time. Just copy java.exe to tracker folder, but make sure you are using 32 bit version.

I just got new computer, installed java 32 bit, and copied tracker folder from old computer. All works right away.

EDIT

What do you mean java.exe inqistor? the exe file from the main java folder in Programme Files?

I am having to reset database every 5 turns as thats the largest number of turns it can cope with

1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 5
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 6:37:41 PM   
BillBrown

whatever.

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 2/17/2020 7:56:22 PM >

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 6
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 7:44:51 PM   
cantona2

Yep. Im running the 64bit version as i constantly keep getting the cannot run 32bit version of java on a 64bit machine

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 7
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 8:29:52 PM   
btd64

Visit the tracker instructions page. It explains everything....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 8
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 8:36:22 PM   
cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Tried everything there to no avail.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 9
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/17/2020 9:30:27 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Tried everything there to no avail.

Then I suggest posting your problem in the tracker sticky thread. Floyd will be able to help from there....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 10
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/18/2020 3:02:24 PM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edward75

quote:

What is a NoMap bat? And what needs to be done specifically?

There are two bat files to run Tracker. WitPTracker.bat, and WitpTrackerNoMap.bat. Run the second one.
You have to also set path to your game, exact number of save file, which side are you playing etc. in configuration file. It's not that easy.

(in reply to Edward75)
Post #: 11
RE: How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? - 2/18/2020 3:04:12 PM   
inqistor

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

quote:

ORIGINAL: inqistor

EDIT

What do you mean java.exe inqistor? the exe file from the main java folder in Programme Files?

I am having to reset database every 5 turns as thats the largest number of turns it can cope with

Yes, java.exe from java installation folder. I tried to enlarge memory available for tracker, but it didn't help. But NoMap file works fine. You need 32 bit java though.

(in reply to cantona2)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> How to install Tracker and Java on Windows (64-bit)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI