Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PBEM game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PBEM game - 2/11/2020 6:47:02 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Okay.
Thanks! I assume we'll move this discussion to the AAR section then.

warspite1

Done

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 31
RE: PBEM game - 2/11/2020 7:17:55 PM   
Mayhemizer_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesperpehrson

I have some questions as a PBEM-noob.
It seems like die-rolls are handled via another source in many/some of the AARs. How do you manually input the dierolls? Is this something you wanna do?

Do we have any standing orders for small decisions? How do we handle this? Or are all opponents decisions handled via the forumthread? Can you save the game in the mid of a decision?

As for optional rules I need to defer to our experienced friends.

I will give few tips if Warspite1 already didn't tell all these. I have played few year, all using PBEM and most of them with die roller.

I game you need to choose "Interface / Player interface settings / check box " Set die rolls". Then you can set always the die roll. That helps you also to recreate combat result if you need to reload for any reason.

Why I want to use online die roller is that I can feel good when I roll really really well and no one need to think how can I have that good luck. Like in France to shoot down two German bombers and one fighter, maybe some pilots included, with my less good fighter. We are all gentlemen here, no one is here to cheat, but it feels better when online die roller sends results to all.

In my games we have only few standing orders: subs are not included during port attacks and CAP is not asked, non-phasing player need to tell before impulse that he might use it. We play normally CAP disabled, but it can be turned on when needed. I think in all out games it have been used once or twice.

Game cannot be saved in all phases, but game has auto saves in every phase (for example use ask interception during ground strike but don't get answer. You can quit and next day reload from declaring ground strikes). Naval combat can be quite long and I save after each round so that I don't need to play them all if something goes wrong.

You can ask using AAR (and we all can read how your game is going) or use Skype/Whatsapp etc to ask interceptions and other things.

< Message edited by Mayhemizer_slith -- 2/11/2020 7:19:30 PM >

If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.

-Murphy's war law

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
Post #: 32
RE: PBEM game - 2/11/2020 7:46:39 PM   
jesperpehrson

Thanks Mayhem. I will read your post a few times and try it out for myself before I embaress myself in the game.

(in reply to Mayhemizer_slith)
Post #: 33
RE: PBEM game - 2/12/2020 8:50:11 AM   
ssiviour

quote:

ORIGINAL: jesperpehrson

I am not sure Ssiviour threw his hat in the ring.

I have no real preference except I have very little experience playing Axis.

Sorry I wasn't watching your thread guys, maybe on a rematch then ....

(in reply to jesperpehrson)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Opponents Wanted >> RE: PBEM game Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI