Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot run in Win10?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Cannot run in Win10? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot run in Win10? - 2/14/2020 12:03:19 PM   
ruixilyy

I recently bought a new PC and after installation of the game (and then updated to 330 version), the game just cannot run. It did run smoothly on my old PC with Win 7 for many years. I mean, after click the play icon on the game menu, nothing actually happens. I also tried to click the .exe file in the game folder, nothing happens. It seems that the game just cannot run. I tried the compatibility mode as instructed by Zakblood, not working though. I notice another player reported the same issue (not running the game by clicking the play icon) in the tech support section. Any help?
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot run in Win10? - 2/14/2020 5:59:42 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: ruixilyy

I recently bought a new PC and after installation of the game (and then updated to 330 version), the game just cannot run. It did run smoothly on my old PC with Win 7 for many years. I mean, after click the play icon on the game menu, nothing actually happens. I also tried to click the .exe file in the game folder, nothing happens. It seems that the game just cannot run. I tried the compatibility mode as instructed by Zakblood, not working though. I notice another player reported the same issue (not running the game by clicking the play icon) in the tech support section. Any help?

I'm not sure why it won't run for you. I've been running it on Win10 since it (win10) was released. Just before Christmas, I did a fresh install of win10 on one of my older laptops and reinstalled PCO afterwards and it ran fine. I don't recall doing anything special to make it run.

During installation, did you make sure to allow it to finish installing the required components? I seem to recall a msg popping up that one of them wasn't needed but you still need to go through the process.

I'm pretty sure I installed it to C:\Matrix Games\Panzer Command Ostfront folder. rather than letting windows decide where to install. If I recall win 10 installs some things in the cloud now and that might be a problem.

Also, I seem to recall some folks had to set it to run as administrator, though I don't recall having to do that.

I guess first thing I would try is to uninstall it, and then reinstall make sure it gets installed locally, ie in folder shown above.

Let me know

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to ruixilyy)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot run in Win10? - 2/14/2020 7:14:43 PM   
Alan Sharif

Could be your anti virus preventing it from launching? I have run this title without issue on W10 for years. Let us know if you find out what the issue is.

A Sharif

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot run in Win10? - 3/1/2020 2:34:03 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Try running it as an administrator. You can do that by right-clicking on the shortcut, changing the properties.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Cannot run in Win10? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI