Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 1.06.00 is out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Version 1.06.00 is out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 3:26:42 PM   
Daniele

Strategic Command WWII: World at War has been updated to version 1.06.00!

Download the update from here

GAME ENGINE CHANGES/FIXES
- Fixed an AI air unit attack error that allowed AI units to fly over neutral territory for attacks (greyshaft).
- Fixed a last turn message error that did not properly show messages such as when a capital has been moved.
- Fixed an error where Kamikaze units would not be destroyed if they attacked a submarine and the sub dove (sschnar1).
- Fixed an error where recently placed understrength units by the AI, either by UNIT events or from the Production Queue were restrengthening when they shouldn't have (gdpsnake1979).
- Fixed an issue where customized MOD campaign images found within the SELECT CAMPAIGN screen were no longer displaying (IronX).
- Fixed a PURCHASE screen error that hung when there was a list of unit names in excess of 127 names (Michael WIldner).
- Fixed an issue where re-loading from an autosave would not bring up again any applicable beginning of turn decision events (stormbringer3).
- Fixed a custom campaign strategy guide launch error (El Condoro).
- Fixed a SURRENDER_2 event firing issue, was not firing in some cases, that was linked to dummy DECISION event.
- Added a map scroll speed adjustment bar in the SETTINGS screen.
- Attacks against Ports will now target the port first and then any Transport unit located within the port with a 100% chance of potentially damaging the Transport. Previously these attacks would only attack a Transport within a port.
- Port blockades can now only occur if the blockading unit has a supply value > 0. Transports can no longer blockade a port (Helsingor).
- HQ auto and assist attachments will now prioritize stronger units when possible (Tanaka).
- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).
- Improved the handling of New Units placements where it will refocus the game map appropriately on the available placement locations (dhucul2011).
- Optimized the display of unit Supply values on the map (uneducated).
- Surprise enemy contacts where the defender is favoured will no longer apply the +/- 1 to combat in order to guarantee the predicted result for the defender (Markiss)
- Right clicking a unit will highlight its movement range and allow you to quickly change a unit mode (such as for subs) with the movement range automatically updated and the unit already selected for movement.
- Pressing the Pause/Break key on your keyboard now also pauses AI replays.
- Map will now center on a "Surprise Enemy Contact!" on a player turn (ivanov).
- AI artillery, if it is set to fire before other land unit attacks, they will now fire more consistently instead of allowing land attacks first before firing (Mountaineer).

1939 Campaigns
- Oslo Corps’ starting strength increased from 2 to 5 (Mercutio).
- Italian Garrison unit added at Brindisi (Markiss).
- The Italian National Morale penalty for when Allied forces land in southern Italy will now only fire once the US has joined the Allies (Scott Martin; Markiss).
- First potential date for the Winter events in the USSR brought forward from 1st December 1941 to 1st December 1939.
- Increased the chance of a reaction of the US and India towards the Allies if Japan invades the USSR, coupled with increasing the trigger position so that the presence of an Axis unit adjacent to Vladivostok will now also trigger the relevant scripts (ThunderLizard2).
- Surrender_2 scripts for the German invasion of Norway amended so that the exact turn in which Norway will surrender cannot be known by the Allied player (smckechnie).
- Norway’s starting mobilization level increased from 0% to 25% Axis so that Allied raiding of the convoy could render German diplomatic activity a more fruitful way of gaining Norway, rendering an invasion unnecessary (Tanaka).
- 1st MarDiv Special Forces in Hawaii now start with 0.5 experience (sveint).
- DE 602 to form Vichy France will now only fire if the US is still neutral, as this will then prevent it from firing later in the game if it hadn’t fired earlier when France originally surrendered (taffjones).
- DE 302 = NO now delivers the US aircraft straight away rather than not until the US has entered the war (sschnar1).
- The Red Army Corps that starts in Vladivostok now starts with 1.0 experience, and a second Corps has been added in the hex NW of Vladivostok, with this location added to the AI’s Guard scripts too (sveint).
- If Germany occupies Lithuania via DE 629 then the USSR will now move 20-25% towards the Allies, whereas previously it was 10-15% (ThunderLizard2).
- The Soviet Engineer unit now arrives on the 1st January 1940 rather than the 1st September 1939.
- Chinese Corps that starts at Chengdu’s starting strength increased from 5 to 8.

All Campaigns
- USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 50% to 30 -> 70% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 40 -> 60% to 60 -> 80% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.
- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).
- SUPPLY scripts’ explanatory text updated to include that triggering units must now have a strength of at least 5 for the scripts to fire.
- Increased the range of potential damage to Axis vessels at Vladivostok from 1-3 strength points to 1-5 strength points (calcwerc).
- 0.5 experience given to the Soviet Cavalry Corps in the Far East.
- DE 404 now requires that there are no Axis units within 5 hexes of Novgorod (Xsillione).
- Mention of Scutari removed from the Strategy Guides (Treefrog).
- The UK will now lose 5,000 National Morale points if India surrenders (Emmette Bird).

1943 Campaigns
- Entrenchment increased for some Soviet and Japanese units in the Far East, while the Cavalry Corps and Corps in Vladivostok now start with Infantry Weapons level 1.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 3/12/2020 2:17:31 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 3:37:14 PM   
Marcinos1985

Many good changes, thank you.

quote:

- The Soviet Engineer unit now arrives on the 1st January 1940 rather than the 1st September 1939.

I believe it should be 1st September of 1940?

Apart from this, weren't there supposed to be more changes to Syberian troops? I have read somewhere in general forum that their appearance is to be more meaningful.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 3:49:25 PM   
smckechnie

Was anything done about the unit 2 hexes from Algiers causing all of France to fall if Paris falls?

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 3:53:16 PM   
smckechnie

Does this update mean that our current games can't be played out?

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 4
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 4:28:18 PM   
jsbarker702

The PBEM won't load now. Error message for the wrong version of the game for WW2. I have an email game going on and now I can't get back to it. I am using the steam version with the community mod.

All this is true for SC WW1 as well.

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 5
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 4:56:54 PM   
Hubert Cater

The PBEM++ server has now been updated to the latest client version, all PBEM++ games should now be able to continue.

(in reply to jsbarker702)
Post #: 6
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 4:57:32 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: smckechnie
Does this update mean that our current games can't be played out?

All games in progress can continue, you'll just not see any campaign specific changes in game until you start a new campaign.

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 7
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 6:04:15 PM   
Tanaka

Getting a FAILED (draw sprite to buffer) segmentation violation error message and crash when clicking on any HQ and selecting auto assist.

Ok I tested it and seems to only happen with Iron Cross Map Mod turned on.

Fixed needed to update the mod.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 2/17/2020 6:54:39 PM >

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 8
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 6:14:34 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marcinos1985

Many good changes, thank you.

quote:

I believe it should be 1st September of 1940?

I think you're right, my mistake.

quote:

Apart from this, weren't there supposed to be more changes to Syberian troops? I have read somewhere in general forum that their appearance is to be more meaningful.

Yes, there are these two changes:

- The Red Army Corps that starts in Vladivostok now starts with 1.0 experience, and a second Corps has been added in the hex NW of Vladivostok, with this location added to the AI’s Guard scripts too (sveint).
- 0.5 experience given to the Soviet Cavalry Corps in the Far East.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Marcinos1985)
Post #: 9
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 6:28:45 PM   
taffjones

I have downloaded the update and some how it has downloaded the "Iron Cross v4.3 mod" which is now the default setting, for single and PBEM games.

Also posted by someone else in the Tech Support as Automatic Mod.

Sorry but I can't play the game with the graphics in this mod. Not good for my eyes.

How can I fix this?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 10
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 6:37:08 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: smckechnie

Was anything done about the unit 2 hexes from Algiers causing all of France to fall if Paris falls?

Hi

Not at this stage as it requires working out a good solution that works in all instances.

I don't rule it out, but it's not there yet.

Bill

(in reply to smckechnie)
Post #: 11
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 6:38:29 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: taffjones

I have downloaded the update and some how it has downloaded the "Iron Cross v4.3 mod" which is now the default setting, for single and PBEM games.

Also posted by someone else in the Tech Support as Automatic Mod.

Sorry but I can't play the game with the graphics in this mod. Not good for my eyes.

How can I fix this?

If you go to Options -> Settings -> Mods

Then you should be able to turn this mod off by un-ticking the box against its name.

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 12
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/17/2020 7:42:07 PM   
EarlyDoors

I'm sure I will come to love it in time, but how do i reset the graphics to how they used to be?

Ah > Options > Settings > Mods

Thx, should have read above

Phew

< Message edited by EarlyDoors -- 2/17/2020 7:46:19 PM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 1:43:38 AM   
havoc1371

Why did my game convert to the Cross of Iron mod when I installed the 1.06.00 update?! More importantly, how do I get rid of it?

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 14
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 1:10:12 PM   
Hubert Cater

If you go to Options -> Settings -> Mods

Then you should be able to turn this mod off by un-ticking the box against its name.

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 15
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 1:59:25 PM   
havoc1371

Yep. Thanks, I figured it out.

Post #: 16
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 4:38:25 PM   
Christolos

I'm not sure I understand this one and the rationale behind it:

- Reduced the land spotting of all surface combat vessels and regular Transports from 1 to 0 (Markiss).

Does this mean that surface combat vessels will no longer be able to see what is on a coastal hex if they are adjacent to it? If so, this will radically change the reconnaissance aspect of the game in terms of scouting out potential amphibious invasion beach hexes.

Can anyone point me to the discussion by Markiss that brought this up?
I searched the forum but did not come up with anything.

Thanks,

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 17
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 5:13:31 PM   
crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Christolos

Does this mean that surface combat vessels will no longer be able to see what is on a coastal hex if they are adjacent to it? If so, this will radically change the reconnaissance aspect of the game in terms of scouting out potential amphibious invasion beach hexes.

Thanks,

C

I think this is great TBH, actually makes the various Pacific islands perhaps more valuable to station aircraft in for reconnaissance?

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 18
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/18/2020 7:34:25 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: crispy131313

quote:

ORIGINAL: Christolos

Thanks,

C

I think this is great TBH, actually makes the various Pacific islands perhaps more valuable to station aircraft in for reconnaissance?

Actually, it would seem to be more realistic given the scale of the game and how it can be abused with Garrisons loaded onto transports, but I always thought of it in the abstract sense of commandos from the ships being able to land ashore and report back. This of course would be less likely for large surface ships...but not improbable for submarines. Perhaps subs in silent mode, and only subs in silent mode, can be used to spot on land with a range of 1...

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

(in reply to crispy131313)
Post #: 19
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/19/2020 12:15:55 AM   
ThunderLizard11

Playing new game as Allies against AI and found what might be a bug. After Japan attacks in Pacific, I moved a corp to each of Brunei and Sarawak. Then Japan attacks and each of them surrenders and my corp surrenders as well. It's almost as if the corp wasn't there and the Japanese unit just took the capital.

< Message edited by ThunderLizard2 -- 2/19/2020 12:28:58 AM >

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 20
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/19/2020 8:08:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Thunderlizard,

There are some automatic surrender helper events for the Axis AI that likely played a part in what you've seen above. If you go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED->SCRIPTS and then the SURRENDER#2 events, scroll down to the bottom AXIS AI events and you can in the future turn the undesired ones off.

Hubert

(in reply to ThunderLizard11)
Post #: 21
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/21/2020 2:29:54 AM   
Helsingor

Hi Hubert, Bill,
Thanks for listening to feedback. These seem like good changes. Hope the LR Amphib bug can be fixed without too much trouble.

Post #: 22
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/22/2020 4:23:08 PM   
Christolos

Regarding the following change in 1.06.00:

- HQ highlights for assist and manual modes will now show green for attached, red for attached to another HQ, and blue for unattached for all applicable units that are within the attachable range (ArtDen, budd).

My bad partly colour blind eyes have a very hard time seeing the red highlights for attached to another HQ. Particularly in hexes that are dark to begin with because of the terrain type like wooded or mountainous.

I'm sure the red could be changed to maybe something like a bright orange which I think I would be able to see better. My problem is that I am clueless as to how to do this.
I also have a very hard time seeing the land looping hexes in the Eastern and Western US because I recently (and just barely) realized they too are highlighted with the same red...
Up until then, I never new that the loops consisted of two hexes and therefore ended sending units back and forth by mistake thinking there was only one hex per loop entry point.

If there are any modders reading this who could give me the basics as to how to change the red into a bright orange, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

C

P.S.,

I will also post this in the mods section.

< Message edited by Christolos -- 2/22/2020 4:24:19 PM >

-Aristotle-

(in reply to Helsingor)
Post #: 23
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/27/2020 1:58:34 PM   
chucknra

For the next update, can you introduce more options when you save the game, like renaming the save file so you can have multiple saves per turn? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Chuck

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 24
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/27/2020 3:31:31 PM   
Hubert Cater

Renaming the file is already built in, simply hit backspace to remove the current default naming and type in the name you prefer. Hope this helps!

(in reply to chucknra)
Post #: 25
RE: Version 1.06.00 is out - 2/27/2020 4:31:31 PM   
chucknra

Oops! Thanks!

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Version 1.06.00 is out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI