Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 4/29/2020 9:00:44 PM   
larryfulkerson

November 1, 1942
Karl is making good progress all over the map. The Japs are toast now that the Americans are showing up. They traveled all the way from the west coast along the far south map edge to India and took the rail from there to Calcutta and thence to Rangoon. I don't have the spare troops to salvage anything anywhere so I'm going to have to give up the continent. And Jap troops don't disengage very well. I'm going to have a fighting withdrawl all over the map.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 4/29/2020 9:03:00 PM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 121
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/1/2020 10:33:46 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's an airfield strike that Karl made with his PBY's. I didn't lose anything but it looks like some damaged and shot down PBY's. I'm wondering why he did that. Recon maybe? I'm not sure I would have done that. Maybe he's got PBY's coming out of his ears and needs to get rid of a few for more parking space at his airfields. Or something like that. Maybe he had a black sheep squadron that he had to teach a lesson to. Maybe some PBY pilots got drunk and took it upon themselves to win the war with one more airfield strike before they called it a day. I heard a story one time about Tinian and one of the B-29 crews there. It seems they got drunk and commandeered jeep and took it for a joy ride and they were last seen driving over a cliff on the north side of the island and just as they left terra ferma somebody in the jeep yelled "Gear up." They were all killed upon impact with the water 70 feet below. This is supposedly a true story.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/5/2020 1:38:50 PM >

Post #: 122
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 1:48:23 PM   
larryfulkerson

All my defenders around Bangkok have evaporated and or have been shoved aside. The way to Saigon is open now so I need to find some troops from somewhere to form an MLR somewhere NW of Saigon. As I recall there's a river down there that would be perfect for a defense.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 123
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 4:14:52 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Larry,

Just a question. As I recall from my memory - there was no American soldiers in China, obviously player that is playing against you is abusing the system. There was squadron of American planes Flying Tigers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Tigers

So marines should go Guadalcanal - Papua - Marshall Islands - Tarawa - Leyte etc Iwo Jima - Okinawa - Japan....

Japan cannot win the war in China if soldiers from all over the world is fighting against them in China... Maybe some house rules... I don't know. BTW, where I can download scenario and Scenario Notes?

Also I don't remember that British and Indian troops were engaged in China. China had enough of their soldiers they only lacked supplies and arms.

Mario

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/5/2020 4:20:11 PM >

Post #: 124
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 5:27:55 PM   
larryfulkerson

Hey there Monkey dude:
Um..........I watched him sail the American troops along the bottom edge of the map from the west coast all the way to India, it took several turns, and he did nothing illegal and what he did WAS possible in real life it just didn't happen that way in the real thing. Also, the British and Indian troops saw action mostly in Burma. But I've conceeded the continent to Karl and he's moving those troops into Thailand and Vietnam. It was possible to do that. So we have the situation we have now. I've attached the mod of the scenario I made here below. I'm not aware of any scenario notes. This scenario was released with the TOAW IV original release back in November of last year. Look in the WWII - Asia folder I think. Thanks for keeping track of what's going on. The interest of you and people like you is what keeps me going.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 125
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 5:44:29 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

Hey there Monkey dude:
Um..........I watched him sail the American troops along the bottom edge of the map from the west coast all the way to India, it took several turns, and he did nothing illegal and what he did WAS possible in real life it just didn't happen that way in the real thing. Also, the British and Indian troops saw action mostly in Burma. But I've conceeded the continent to Karl and he's moving those troops into Thailand and Vietnam. It was possible to do that. So we have the situation we have now. I've attached the mod of the scenario I made here below. I'm not aware of any scenario notes. This scenario was released with the TOAW IV original release back in November of last year. Look in the WWII - Asia folder I think. Thanks for keeping track of what's going on. The interest of you and people like you is what keeps me going.

OK, as a gentlemen I apologize to your opponent. Sir, you are true Gentleman

And many thanks for scenario, I hope that it will not mess up with my current Europa 1947 AAR which I plan to update soon. Because I played till turn 12. Elmer made some nasty moves now as he had two turns in a row.

I overreacted and for this I apologize. But, I remember that in FiTE 5.0 that I played only 17 turns against good man Dicke Bertha from Sweden long time TOAW player. Only 17 turns???? Those turns each of it took ONE WHOLE WEEK to play it right.

So I imagine that FiTE 2 is way above monster for me as I am only a human being

In FiTE 5.0 there was rule that you cannot ship more than few German divisions to Finland. Yes, designers wanted to keep game in some historical balance. Because otherwise we are slipping into Toliken fantasy house. Which is not TOAW.

It's OK if scenario designer allows this but we will get wildly ahistorical results.

Never mind, keep with your good TOAW work because TOAW is really a magical game and I consider every TOAW player my brother.

I will update my AAR soon because now is time to think about my future moves in Europa 1947. Really a magical piece of scenario. Shock is now back to 100. It is spring of 1947 and I am doing good but lately Elmer surprised me with few moves with his Airborne troops and with some US and AUS troops. He is behind my lines so I must deal with that. Soviets also dropped paras around Moscow....

Sorry for long post friend,

Mario

Post #: 126
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 7:22:08 PM   
thomasharvey

Hi Mario and Larry

The Allies can move what they want where and when it is possible. The Japanese can send more troops to China if they desire but there are issues of shortages on other fronts. Some Japanese Army units never saw combat in the entire war.

The war and the scenario does not depend on what happens in China. Only an invasion of Okinawa or Tokyo will achieve an Allied victory. It is mainly a naval/air war. The ground troops are place holders to base more aircraft. The Japanese should concentrate on holding the coastal ports in China which will deny them to the allies at the end of the war. In 1945 the Japanese Army had a final offensive in China which reached all their objectives and defeated the Chinese army. It did not matter at all to the allies. Had the war required an invasion of Japan, the supplies used up in China in their offensive would be a big help to the Allies landing in the Japanese Home Islands.

The scenario has a time limit so the Allies can't waste time nor can they afford large defeats to their carrier forces.

Good luck!

Post #: 127
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/5/2020 7:51:30 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: thomasharvey

Hi Mario and Larry

The Allies can move what they want where and when it is possible. The Japanese can send more troops to China if they desire but there are issues of shortages on other fronts. Some Japanese Army units never saw combat in the entire war.

The war and the scenario does not depend on what happens in China. Only an invasion of Okinawa or Tokyo will achieve an Allied victory. It is mainly a naval/air war. The ground troops are place holders to base more aircraft. The Japanese should concentrate on holding the coastal ports in China which will deny them to the allies at the end of the war. In 1945 the Japanese Army had a final offensive in China which reached all their objectives and defeated the Chinese army. It did not matter at all to the allies. Had the war required an invasion of Japan, the supplies used up in China in their offensive would be a big help to the Allies landing in the Japanese Home Islands.

The scenario has a time limit so the Allies can't waste time nor can they afford large defeats to their carrier forces.

Good luck!

Good evening Sir Thomas,

I am very glad for your answer. And I promise to give a look into your scenario because if it is good then it is dream come true for a Japanese fan like me
Well, I've read everything about War in The Pacific, Tarawa, Guadalcanal, New Guinea, Corregidor, Atua, Iwo Jima very bloody battle... There was also some accounts of night battles in Coral Sea and around Guadalcanal, I think that USS Washington was there and he had radar.

Yes, Sir, your knowledge about this conflict is proven and you gave correct estimate of the historical facts. Japan was basically overstreched, and US submarines were also taking it's toll. But China is big, Japan couldn't take it all.
So, they took what was nececary for them. Long distances.
Also Japan was fighting three wars, one against China, one against UK in Burma, one against USA in the Pacific. Not to mention Russian threat (Kwantung army in Manchuria at one time had million men under arms!), they had plan OTTO for advance into Siberia but never realized in spite of German urgins.

So Japan was doomed from the start. It is just a matter of time before enemy closes up and finish him. Or not. Larry will
use his BANZAI skills and win
Thanks for all your TOAW scenarios.

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 5/5/2020 7:54:25 PM >

(in reply to thomasharvey)
Post #: 128
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/10/2020 11:05:20 PM   
larryfulkerson

Karl has invested Bangkok and is now fighting his way south along the Malayan coastal road. As he grabs the airfields he moves his planes closer to the action. I've got 2 small SCTF's based at Saigon so he's being coy about advancing his ships too far east. The fight in China is ongoing. Karl is slowly encircling my troops but Jap troops don't disengage very well so I'm staying put where I am instead of trying to back the troops down to the southern coast of China and evacuating the troops through the ports.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/10/2020 11:06:13 PM >

Post #: 129
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/14/2020 2:55:37 PM   
larryfulkerson

Karl has leaped over the Meikong river using engineers and is now assaulting my defenders at Saigon. I don't really need Saigon for anything so it's not a crisis if he captures it. I think I should drive in some supporting ships to help defend.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 130
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 5/29/2020 1:21:25 PM   
larryfulkerson

The Americans, British, Chinese and for all I know the Indians have been pushing south in the Hanoi area and have captured the city right out from under my nose. The Japanese are not good at disengaging so I haven't bothered trying to pull them back to make a better line. Karl is taking over Vietnam slowly but surely.

Attachment (1)

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

Post #: 131
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 6/4/2020 5:17:25 PM   
larryfulkerson

Karl is totally taking over the Hanoi area. He will soon own the railroad all the way from Singapore to Haiphong. I'm receiving the killed units as they respawn near Tokyo and I'm putting the pieces of units back together and giving them the rest they need to recover from being cherry red.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 132
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 6/10/2020 12:17:07 PM   
larryfulkerson

T80, Sumatra
It's T80 and Karl is attempting landings on Sumatra. He's cleared out the terrain from Burma to Singapore and is working on the Hanoi area right now and will soon join his forces in Vietnam north to south. He's taking on Sumatra next because his planes are nearby in Malaya and they can cover all his operations in Sumatra.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 133
RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs - 6/13/2020 10:51:21 AM   
larryfulkerson

T81, Sumatra
Karl is continuing his landings at Sumatra bases. He's invading at Sumatra because it's close to Singapore and his existing LBA I suppose. I don't have a really good reason to oppose his landings because I really don't need Sumatra for anything. He can have it.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 134
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: PAW with Sarsfield as Allies, Larry as Japs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI