Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/14/2020 4:28:01 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Batumi is soon to be captured...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to MonkeysBrain2)
Post #: 181
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/14/2020 4:31:06 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Battle for Baku is in full swing... It's not gonna be easy so I am taking my time to not have big losses. And I will have big losses as there are lots of strong enemy units here....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 182
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/14/2020 4:33:21 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Tbilisi Kirovabad area. We have captured important mountain passes through Caucasus....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 183
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:17:09 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 27 beginning
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
As Mr President of USA was speeding with his heavely armed entourage toward Bucharest capitol of Romania , local ex commie leader was doing his blah blah "here we will build buildings of course with your genereous
aid, and of course your Highness we will equip our military with your weapons..."....
Mr President Donald Quack Jr only waved with his hand....
General Sonnenblumm can you please give me local situation here and then situation as
of now October 24th 1992.
...."Yes, Mr President and our leader Donald Quack! With my pleasure... Fighting here just died days ago, local population is admiring your brave stance because just few days ago Soviet Scud Missiles attacked our Phantom F4 squadron on airfields not very far from here...
We have been victorious on this front and we smashed the enemy, Czernowitze is encircled and will be soon taken, only some remnants of WP Carpathian Front are there, HQ, some helicopters and third of a airmobile brigade...We will finish them off quickly.
Breakthrough here opened few possibilities, one is obviously push toward Odessa on the Black Sea (gorgeous women there btw), other direction is Vinnitsa - Zhitomir - Kiev, and NW direction toward Lvov. Pripyet swamps could be used as a cover, if enemy stays clear of it...
Other sectors in Europe are pretty quite. Only Soviet made one big attack west of Magdeburg... They lost around 500 tanks, glorious defensive victory here!
For some time we have noticed that enemy is employing new tactics in air war, he have stopped attacking our airfields for now, thanks God, and he lowered Interdiction to just 1 percent, and he have more planes on Air Superiority missions.... But we are still kings of the skies....
Up north Russians attacked our columns of Swedes and Norwegians but they have held their ground and now some American help is here and we have cut off whole Russian army led by some General Vlasov II. There is 4 big Russian Mech Infantry divisions.... Each of these divisions have 180 T72 late, 90 T55 late, and 40 T80 among other equipment in infantry, AA, arty etc... They are quite beast and they must be assaulted only with good odds.
In this area we have sinked some remnants of Russians fleet, with excellent low altitude bomber A-6 Intruder (late), also have 720 antishipping capability like B52 Stratofortress.
We have finally captured Batumi and mountains around the city, Tbilisi is encircled and soon to be stormed and Baku is also about to fall in our hands.
US III Corps, HQ and 1st Cav Division took post in Kishinev, gate to Ukraine, soldiers readily shared their rations with hungry kids, and chocolattes, one more evidence of communist cruelty."

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/15/2020 9:02:45 PM >

Post #: 184
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:18:49 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

This is battle for mountains near Batumi.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 185
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:19:50 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 27 Baltic area

Attachment (1)

Post #: 186
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:20:50 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 27 Crimea Big Map Black Sea

Attachment (1)

Post #: 187
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:23:17 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Cut off Russian 5th Tank Guards Army, it will be hard to destroy but somebody must do it :)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 188
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:24:29 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 27 last resistance Batumi Baku area big map

Attachment (1)

Post #: 189
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:25:36 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Russian defense in Ukraine and Russia

Attachment (1)

Post #: 190
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/15/2020 7:26:18 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

West Ukraine

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/15/2020 7:27:01 PM >

Post #: 191
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:38:38 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg (Turn 29 end)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The man with big white beard was smoking his pipe "...So, Warsaw is very near to get captured by our troops, Odessa is about to fall, Baku was captured... Are we near the end of this conflict my generals....?"
General Auckinlek Jr stood up and said "Mr. President let me review our situation on all fronts.... Yes, we can congratulate our troops for all those splendid successes but we must be very cautious, WP forces are not still beaten and we must not allow that victory get in our heads...
Near Kandalasha we have finally destroyed all four, very dangerous mech and tank divisions of Soviet 5th GD Tank Army. One brigade is only left but will be soon destroyed. It was classical example of encircling operations, only way to destroy powerful units, when they are out of supply...
We have started our operation aimed towards Warsaw, Poland. One flank will cover this advance toward Lodz and other towards Brest-Litovsk. We have already destroyed enemy's forward defense and we are near Warsaw. But, battle here has just begun, and enemy counterattacked with 4 big tank divisions, we must beat them if we want Warsaw. We will see how this operation will proceed as it is not easy one and enemy have big forces north of Warsaw which can check our advance.
In Ukraine we have made spectacular advance, and US forces have made a glorious role here, destroying pockets of resistance along the way. We are about to capture Odessa, and Zhitomir is not very far. We have captured Vinnitsa, Lvov, and Lublin in Poland. After Zhitomir has fallen soon into our hands we could advance toward Kiev, but Kiev is strongly defended, our intelligence is reporting at least 4 big tank Soviet divisions and other units as well. But we will try to take Kiev at some time. Advance must be sincronised with other parts of the front.
For now situation here is good but we must not overextend here, enemy have large reserves close by.
Finallly we have captured Baku, and we are about to clear all enemy forces in the area and then after some rest we will continue advance north toward Rostov and Stalingrad, Astrakhan. We also captured Krasnovodsk on the other side of Caspian sea and also destroyed one full tank division near Mashhad. We are not very strong here so this is auxillary advance and will be a little late in advance and there is not much enemy troops here and supply situation is bad so here we can advance slower. We have sunk Soviet Caspian Sea Fleet and two fleets near Murmansk with B52 and A-6 Intruder bombers.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 192
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:54:24 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 29 Baku captured and most of southerly big enemy group has been attacked from the south and only small remnants are to be eliminated next turn.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 193
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:55:47 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 29 end... 5th TK GD Army is destroyed practically...near Kandalasha.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 194
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:56:50 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Brest-Litovsk to Kiev big map...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 195
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:57:42 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Krasnovodsk on Caspian sea is also captured this turn 29th.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 196
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:58:36 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Odessa on Black Sea is about to fall to our forces.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 197
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 3:59:23 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Odessa, Crimea, Ukraine big map

Attachment (1)

Post #: 198
RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1... - 4/17/2020 4:00:56 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Warsaw area, enemy counterattacked here, very big battle and will be interesting to watch in next turns will enemy try to fight for this crucial position.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 199
1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/17/2020 4:01:52 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 29, Warsaw big map.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/18/2020 8:21:40 AM >

Post #: 200
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 12:22:03 PM   
John B.

And still the Soviet Union fights on. :) I saw in one of your screen shots that the Saudis had an air unit in Western Europe. This game reminds me of the old SPI classic Objective: Moscow. Of course in that one the Shah of Iran sent his hovercraft units into the Caspian but still it was fun as was Invasion: America. :)

Post #: 201
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 1:12:02 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

And still the Soviet Union fights on. :) I saw in one of your screen shots that the Saudis had an air unit in Western Europe. This game reminds me of the old SPI classic Objective: Moscow. Of course in that one the Shah of Iran sent his hovercraft units into the Caspian but still it was fun as was Invasion: America. :)

Ay, ay, Sir, you are true gentleman :-)
I think that it's not Saudis but remnants of Iraq forces that PO moved, like Yugoslav Air Force on the Baltic and such. I didn't transfered any units from Middle East to Europe only few from Egypt and Israel etc...
Yes, Soviets still fight on and I will write next chapter maybe even today or tomorrow, I must play now turn 30, lot's of fight ahead :-) But, I admit many of my stunts would not be passed by human player, Elmer is not up to the task but some say that it is cakewalk for me, veteran player of TOAW since 1998. but I am still having fun.

As you are from Virginia, try Ultimate General Civil War, great game. Game that made me read ALL Osprey books on American Civil War! Kudos to GameLabs!

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 202
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 1:17:11 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

quote:

ORIGINAL: John B.

The next game AAR I would want to write about Europa 1947 or The Great War 2.1 again. I already did those two AAR, one was against Polynike hehe I attacked his entrained units near Warsaw hint never left entrained units so near front line, their defense is abysmal.) and other was also PBEM but Europa 1947 nor The Great War 2.1 didn't progressed too much into game sadly.

(in reply to John B.)
Post #: 203
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:43:45 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg Turn 30 (end of turn)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paratroopers from Italian para regiment Foldore were passing through captured Warsaw...
People were jubilant and throwed flowers on our soldiers, and pretty girls jumped on our soldiers neck. At last Warsaw is captured, very important strategic point because from here we can actually cut off all Warsaw Pact Forces in East Germany and Western Poland... Hmmm, if we manage to hold on to Warsaw....
Italian general Meneghelli was giving a report to American president over wireless set "...
Yes, we avanti go forward... Yes, we captured Warsaw signore Presidente...."
....Meanwhile General Omar Bradley Jr. and Montgomery Jr. were discussing present situation on all NATO fronts....
Bradley first took a word "....Our forces in Lapland are curently resting for a few days and then we will continue our advance toward Leningrad and Archangelsk. After destruction of whole Russian tank army boys deserved some rest... We also captured Wroclaw and Krakow in Poland and there is heavy fighting around Brest Litovsk. We are also very near Kiev which is fortified and heavely defended, we noticed at least one full Russian army there (4 big units) and many other units, reconstituted Yugo remnants, KGB security divisions etc... In near future we will try to capture Kiev and then our southerly force will be able to advance as well.
In Caucasus we will soon resume advance after we clear some Iraq units that were left and give troops some rest. Only rested troops will continue advance toward Stalingrad and Rostov.
Enemy counterattacked in Poland, Ukraine and made one attack in Germany that was repulsed. We destroyed lots of WP tank units in Poland...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by MonkeysBrain2 -- 4/18/2020 4:57:01 PM >

Post #: 204
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:45:25 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 30 Warsaw is captured and here is Brest Litovsk as well

Attachment (1)

Post #: 205
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:47:20 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Warsaw area big map turn 30 end of turn

Attachment (1)

Post #: 206
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:48:42 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 30 Ukraine big map

Attachment (1)

Post #: 207
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:50:40 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 30 Caucasus big map. We can resume advance toward Rostov, Crimea and Stalingrad and Astrakhan....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 208
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/18/2020 4:52:34 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Turn 30 Long way to Leningrad....

Attachment (1)

Post #: 209
RE: 1992 WW3 (What if) AAR NATO vs. WP - 4/20/2020 6:07:25 PM   
MonkeysBrain2

Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg turn 33 (end of turn)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meanwhile at forward NATO HQ in Warsaw General John Fitzgerald was giving report to the
American President "...And now some daring Greek commandos , 1st Para Regiment to be precise, have captured East Berlin! If they manage to hold, then we have encircled numerous enemy units, all units in East Germany are cut off and out of supply. They have some ports to escape but I think that they will stay and fight. I don't know if Greek commandos will manage to hold East Berlin but even if is abandoned in combat we will recapture it. This is Super-Cannae of modern times, maybe 30 enemy divisions or more are in cauldron (around 35). Our maneuver to break to the Baltic sea have been success beyond any imagination. We are at the sea from almost Szeczin to Kalinigrad. We captured Poznan, Dresden, Gdansk, Kaliningrad, Gera, Brest-Litovsk and finally great prize Kiyev! After some hard fighting Kiyev capitol of Ukraine fell to 5th Mech Division of US forces. We destroyed one whole Russian army here. And in Poland even more. On the Black Sea coast we defend for now because advance here will head on into very big concentration of enemy forces so we will wait a bit here....
Up north we are approaching Leningrad but only with third of force, all others are still resting, very bad supply situation here...
In Eastern Iran we have destroyed some Soviet units and soon we will clean the table here.
In Caucasus some Soviet KGB army have counterattacked our forces, we will have to do with that threat before turning to destroy Russian 19th Army at Stalingrad (very hard battle as there are 9 big Russian armored formation).
Warsaw Pact counterattacked in Poland, near Kiev, near Kaliningrad but he was beaten. Most annoying was his bombing of my airfields with his SCUD rockets near Kiyev so we had to transfer that air unit back to safety. For now we will not advance toward Vilna or Minsk, or Kaunas, or Smolensk. Troops needs some rest after very heavy fighting and long marches...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: All right if nobody wants to write it I will soon 1992 AAR Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI