Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Neutral Netherlands and Belguim

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Neutral Netherlands and Belguim Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Neutral Netherlands and Belguim - 3/16/2020 8:21:06 AM   
ClanCochrane

I have played several 1940 scenarios against the AI leaving The Netherlands and Belgium neutral, just invading through Luxemburg and France. With the concentration of the Luftwaffe and 2 Panzerkorps an easy hole can be made for the other mech units to stream through dividing the Maginot line units from those on the coast side. It has always resulted in a swift fall of France as the BEF get out quick. My questions are if you leave those two countries neutral will their armies grow in strength over the coarse of the game, and will USA entry be affected (as in a later entry).
Post #: 1
RE: Neutral Netherlands and Belguim - 3/16/2020 5:02:41 PM   
kennonlightfoot

I suspect they are fixed size and never change. USA entries isn't tied to the in any way invaded or not. Although this is difficult to confirm without running a hot seat game so you can invade them later to see if they changed. But at least based on the documentation neutrals never change unless they have an timed event to do it.

(in reply to ClanCochrane)
Post #: 2
RE: Neutral Netherlands and Belguim - 4/18/2020 9:12:50 PM   
PDiFolco

It's an idea... can be a good strategy to take out France first and invade Belgium and Netherlands just after, a few spare Inf divs will be enough and you'll be in no hurry by mid 40.

(in reply to kennonlightfoot)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Room >> Neutral Netherlands and Belguim Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI