Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/5/2020 8:18:31 PM   
DownNOut

Well it would appear that I have taken Pskov. At least for the short term. The Russians are Training in some more troops for me to deal with. Going to try to make a line from Pskov east to Lake Il'men and wait for me RR repairs to get a little closer. I am a little spread out here in the north so will be looking into fixing that situation, I think that once I can get Vitebsk dealt with in the centre things will even itself out.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Hellen_slith)
Post #: 31
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/5/2020 8:28:40 PM   
DownNOut

Lots going on in the centre. Crossing the river has been a real issue but I think I have a bit of a foothold now. Was across at Mogilev but was forced back onto the west side of the river. I think that my crossing at Shklov will hold up.
Orsha is German but just barely. Lots of punch and counterpunch going down. I feel better about the situation but I don't feel good about it yet.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 32
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/5/2020 8:32:37 PM   
DownNOut

Kiev is still a problem but am slowly getting a handle on it. Trying to force a crossing at Kaniv. I think that if I can get a Pz Division in the Russian backfield things will go a lot better for me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 33
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/5/2020 8:34:30 PM   
larryfulkerson

what does it look like just north of Kiev near mogilev.

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 34
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/5/2020 8:34:31 PM   
DownNOut

All the fronts have somewhat evened out from north to south

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 35
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/6/2020 4:46:24 AM   
DownNOut

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

what does it look like just north of Kiev near mogilev.

This is Mogilev a couple of turns later and I am across in force. I was able to get two Pioneer Battalions in place just to the south of the city and the Russians folded without even putting up a fight. They were distracted a little by my second crossing just north of Mogilev at Shklov.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 36
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/13/2020 6:41:48 PM   
DownNOut

Here in the north I am being hampered as much by supply as by the enemy. I will be waiting here outside of Velikiye Luki for a couple turns until my units health comes back to a lovely green colour. I have a Russian infantry division surrounded at Loknya and will try to eliminate him this next turn. Part of my northern forces are helping in the centre so I am a little thin here in the north.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 37
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/13/2020 6:42:43 PM   
DownNOut

A Russian counter attack near Vitebsk has me scrambling a little bit. I am coming off two turns of terrible combat results where the Russians are holding their ground all across my front lines. I was able to get good casualties on the Russian side but they would not give up any ground. My forces on the other hand seemed to bug out at the slightest attacks. My guys would suffer only 3-5% casualties and back away from the enemy, even when they were dug in.
My units health has improved somewhat so I am continuing on toward Smolensk.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 38
RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 - 4/13/2020 6:43:37 PM   
DownNOut

Here at Odessa I feel that I have survived the huge stacks of Russian units in each hex. They have been attacking out of these last two strongpoints but have been taking as many causualties as they have been causing. Another couple turns should see me able to take Odessa and rejoin my advancing southern forces.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DownNOut)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> RE: Russo-German War 1941-1945 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI