Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updating

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Updating Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updating - 4/8/2020 10:55:47 AM   
AstroBlues

I would like to update my MWiF to the latest version. Whenever I open the game it goes directly to where it says restore game. How do I get it to go to the front page so I can use the updater? Also, if I update manually, there are three update downloads in the member section. Do I have to do them in order or can I go to the 3.02 and just download it?

Ron
Post #: 1
RE: Updating - 4/8/2020 5:16:11 PM   
davidachamberlain

Not sure which update you are installing and how.

Aside from the major updates which involve and installation process, most of the recent updates are simply a replacement patch file for the main executable. That is not a standard updater process so will not result in the updater being used. It is just a replacement for the executable. It has the changes included in that file.

I hope that addresses your concern.

Dave

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 2
RE: Updating - 4/8/2020 5:45:30 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: AstroBlues

I would like to update my MWiF to the latest version. Whenever I open the game it goes directly to where it says restore game. How do I get it to go to the front page so I can use the updater? Also, if I update manually, there are three update downloads in the member section. Do I have to do them in order or can I go to the 3.02 and just download it?

Ron

in the folder

dont run MWIF. run the autorun

then click check for updates

dont know how it looks when the game is installed. im still running the betatest versions

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 3
RE: Updating - 4/8/2020 10:35:58 PM   
AstroBlues

Got it. Thanks for the help.

Ron

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 4
RE: Updating - 4/10/2020 7:53:40 PM   
paulderynck

If you run the updater you get the latest released version, but check the link below for the latest public beta hotpatch:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4784917

Paul

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 5
RE: Updating - 4/11/2020 2:47:38 AM   
AstroBlues

I cannot get the new patch installed. I try copying and pasting the patch MwiF.exe over the one in the game. When I click paste, the game will come on a say version 3.02. I tried unzipping the file into Mwif. Do I delete the old Mwif exe? I have two of them.

Ron

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 6
RE: Updating - 4/11/2020 6:06:25 PM   
paulderynck

I suggest renaming the one with the oldest date - say "MWIF.bak". Then delete the newest one, then unzip the patch into the folder and ensure you have a MWIF.EXE.

Paul

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 7
RE: Updating - 4/13/2020 11:45:55 AM   
AstroBlues

My computer will not let me unzip the MWiF.exe into the WiF folder. I use windows 10. Would it be the same if I copied and pasted it?

Ron

Post #: 8
RE: Updating - 4/13/2020 5:02:44 PM   
davidachamberlain

I normally open the ZIP file and drag the file to the "World In Flames" directory.

I keep the zip file in the Patches sub directory in case I need to go back to an earlier version.

Dave

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 9
RE: Updating - 4/13/2020 5:09:48 PM   
paulderynck

quote:

ORIGINAL: AstroBlues

My computer will not let me unzip the MWiF.exe into the WiF folder. I use windows 10. Would it be the same if I copied and pasted it?

Ron

You can certainly try that, but this kind of thing may be related to permissions, especially if you installed the game on the same drive as your OS and put it in Program Files. Are you operating as Admin?

Paul

(in reply to AstroBlues)
Post #: 10
RE: Updating - 4/14/2020 12:06:32 AM   
ashkpa

I unzip in the download directory. Then I copy and paste the application file over to the "World in Flames" directory. This is what you want to do and it works for me.

Post #: 11
RE: Updating - 4/14/2020 10:35:48 PM   
AstroBlues

I got it to work. I renamed one file Mwif.exe.bak and then deleted the other. I copied and pasted the new exe file and presto! I now have the latest version. Thanks everyone for all your help.

Ron

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Updating Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI