Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Errors in the Stalingrad campaign (V 5.3) ???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Errors in the Stalingrad campaign (V 5.3) ??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Errors in the Stalingrad campaign (V 5.3) ??? - 7/2/2001 3:16:00 AM   
nexus

after long downloading i upgraded my version 4.4 (since there was no patch from 4.4 to 4.5). i installed the other 2 patches,too. i started the stalingrad campaign with the 5.3 version.problems from my point of view: 1. at turn 6 (or so..) some t34 and kv1e appear just in the middle of my troops at the left side of the map. of course they killed some of my pzIIIj´s and IV F´s, at distances from 0-2 hexes,just before i even could shoot at them...nice.. 2. i think the hit chance for the soviet guns in this campaign is to high!! we all know that the 76mm gun´s the soviet´s used in kv and t34 wasn´t that good. esp. after moving and shooting in the same turn. but,they get hit rates at 30% from 14-15 hexes or so..... 3. as mentioned before by other´s killing units like at-rifles in woods or entrenched is almost impossible. so they just killed some of my SPW251´s and sdkz222. but before i shelled them with tank guns and mg´s, bombarded them with 105mm and mortars. seems to have no effect on them.... 4. sound problems with a SB-Live. never had serious probs with that card. 5. luckily i have kept my 4.4 ZIP file... any other´s similar experiences?? thanx frank PS: SPWAW is still cool,but this campaign in 5.3 is a little weird,i think. PPS: perhaps the errors are caused by my upgrade from 4.4 instead of 4.5 ?????

Greetings Frank
Post #: 1
- 7/2/2001 3:39:00 AM   
Warrior

My guess is trying to upgrade from 4.4 may be the problem. If possible get the full 5.1 install download and up to 5.2 & 5.3 from there.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 2
- 7/2/2001 4:18:00 AM   
Supervisor

For the SB live problem you might want to consider downloading the new and improved sound clips that were all redone in 16bit stereo formats. This was done to help eleviate problems with some sound cards not liking the old sound files. A for the Stalingrad Campaign here is a link to a patch that might fix your problems. http://www.tankheadcentral.com/main.html I don't know if the SPWAW upgrades from 5.01-5.2, 5.2-5.3 actually fixed the campaign. I agree with Warrior your best bet is to try from ver 5.01 and working up I can't remember what the 4.4-4.5 corrected, it might be a moot point as what ever it did might have been replaced with the newer upgrades. [ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: gmenfan ]

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 3
- 7/2/2001 4:26:00 AM   
BigDuke66

If the sound Problem is that the Sounds sometimes starts to go crazy and sounds really weird then you should try the Sound Update because I had this problem to but after the Update everything is just fine. I was a bit annoyed too about the russan tanks falling into my flank but the 88s you have should save the day also the stugs are very helpfull, just go to a godd position and wait till he moves to you, then teach him that this was his first and last mistake :D .

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 4
- 7/2/2001 4:35:00 AM   
Fenrir

Hi Nexus! First, the SPWaW patch 4.4 to 4.5 is still available. It can be found at Fabio Prado's site: The ARMOR SITE's DOWNLOAD PAGE! Second, the T-34's suddenly appearing from the north are russian reinforcements. :eek: (Getting onto the map via infiltration.) That's the price for advancing too fast! ;) As for the russian infantry in the woods, artillery shelling is nice, but infantry (esp. melee) is the the key to getting them out. I've used engineers to good effect. Hope this proves to be of use! Good luck! Folkert P.S.: Herr Oberst, das OKW erwartet ein bißchen mehr von Ihnen. So dauert es noch lange bis zum Ritterkreuz. ;) [ July 01, 2001: Message edited by: Fenrir ]

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 5
- 7/3/2001 12:27:00 AM   
nexus

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior: My guess is trying to upgrade from 4.4 may be the problem. If possible get the full 5.1 install download and up to 5.2 & 5.3 from there.
hi mr. warrior. downloading again such amounts of megabytes is not that funny....i only own a 56 modem...so you guess i´m not joking on this one....anyway thx. f. your comment. frank aka nexus

Greetings Frank

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 6
- 7/3/2001 12:36:00 AM   
nexus

quote:

Originally posted by BigDuke66: If the sound Problem is that the Sounds sometimes starts to go crazy and sounds really weird then you should try the Sound Update because I had this problem to but after the Update everything is just fine. okay,but the update is very large. perhaps i just turn the volume down and listen to some GOA music instead *ggg* I was a bit annoyed too about the russan tanks falling into my flank but the 88s you have should save the day also the stugs are very helpfull, just go to a godd position and wait till he moves to you, then teach him that this was his first and last mistake :D .
you didn´t understand,they appeared right AMIDST my troops in the north. i tried a flanking attack,moving near the map border... and at this time (turn 6) the 88´s had just arrived...so they could do nothing about that. anyway THX to you,too. frank aka nexus

Greetings Frank

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 7
- 7/3/2001 2:26:00 AM   
nexus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fenrir: [QB]Hi Nexus! First, the SPWaW patch 4.4 to 4.5 is still available. It can be found at Fabio Prado's site: [ great,just downloading it......... Second, the T-34's suddenly appearing from the north are russian reinforcements. :eek: (Getting onto the map via infiltration.) That's the price for advancing too fast! ;) slow advance is not that,what the german army stands for,remember that???? but i don´t find it funny to find those russians tanks just in the middle of my troops as they where beamed down from the "enterprise". is this a science fiction game or what???? P.S.: Herr Oberst, das OKW erwartet ein bißchen mehr von Ihnen. So dauert es noch lange bis zum Ritterkreuz. ;) Gerfreiter,bitte demnächst mehr Respekt. Dieses dämliche Ritterkreuz habe ich mir schon in SP3´s Stalingrad Campaign verdient. Außerdem das Bundesverdienstkreuz im Nato Campaign.... Bis dahin Frank aka Nexus

Greetings Frank

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 8
- 7/3/2001 6:55:00 AM   
Anthony_MatrixForum

I am playing the Stalingrad Campaign with 5.01.... The Sov reinforcement hex for that first battle is set too close to the start line - as a result, T34s & KVs 'appear' in the middle of your forces. I was lucky, 'accidental' dive bomber suppression + having them surrounded meant I lost only a couple of tanks. There a a couple of battles with questionable reiforcement hexes in the campaign - have fun finding them :-) As for the 76mm guns, they are a little strange. With a listed penetration of 75, they consistantly take out my PzIVF(2)s (72 armour - frontal hits ), first or second shot, at 10+ hex range :-( Still it is lots o' fun I wouldn't play with 5.2/5.3, there is a serious amount of tough SOV infantry in the campaign Anthony

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 9
- 7/3/2001 10:35:00 AM   
BryanMelvin

quote:

Originally posted by Anthony: I am playing the Stalingrad Campaign with 5.01.... The Sov reinforcement hex for that first battle is set too close to the start line - as a result, T34s & KVs 'appear' in the middle of your forces. I was lucky, 'accidental' dive bomber suppression + having them surrounded meant I lost only a couple of tanks. There a a couple of battles with questionable reiforcement hexes in the campaign - have fun finding them :-) As for the 76mm guns, they are a little strange. With a listed penetration of 75, they consistantly take out my PzIVF(2)s (72 armour - frontal hits ), first or second shot, at 10+ hex range :-( Still it is lots o' fun I wouldn't play with 5.2/5.3, there is a serious amount of tough SOV infantry in the campaign Anthony
Sometimes - you just have to have reinforcements come in at the oddest of places - I learned this from Wild Bill :D The new build will fix many of these problems you mentioned concerning tank fire, inf fire and etc,, Anthony - If someone can burn a copy of game for you and send it - that could solve the download time. Any Volunteers?? :D

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 10
- 7/4/2001 12:25:00 AM   
nexus

he Sov reinforcement hex for that first battle is set too close to the start line - as a result, T34s & KVs 'appear' in the middle of your forces. yes,that´s the solution. As for the 76mm guns, they are a little strange. With a listed penetration of 75, they consistantly take out my PzIVF(2)s (72 armour - frontal hits ), first or second shot, at 10+ hex range :-( mhhhh...i think it´s quite realistic,that the 2nd version of the 76mm can take out a pfIVf (it hadn´t that good armour) but what i mean that the hit% was to high for this gun. the german 50mm+75mm where much better. but i will try another game (of course) just making a defensive line,and get my 88´s in postion. let´s see...but i´m anxious i didn´t clear the victory hexes in the given game time......... frank

Greetings Frank

(in reply to nexus)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Errors in the Stalingrad campaign (V 5.3) ??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI