Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom Battle is useless

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Custom Battle is useless Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom Battle is useless - 5/19/2020 5:57:06 AM   
AUBGeek87

The way it stands now Custom Battle is a useless function. I just want to be able to set up a battle where both sides get lots of tanks and other units and just go at it, until one side is completely off the map. But the battle usually ends in a few minutes. And that's it, there's no re-grouping, no picking different units, none of the good stuff that this game already has, it's just over and you're back in the main screen. I just don't understand why is it so hard to make the Custom Battle work in the same principle as operation battles, this function already exists literally in the same game. What's the point of the editor as well then? You create a map, then make a custom battle on this map and the thing is just over in a few minutes I'm just tired of playing the same operations with the same units over and over. Maybe somebody could enlighten me.
Post #: 1
RE: Custom Battle is useless - 5/19/2020 2:00:41 PM   
ineffable

Sounds like you're looking to create Custom Operations.

Quid si

(in reply to AUBGeek87)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom Battle is useless - 5/19/2020 5:50:29 PM   
AUBGeek87

Brother, believe me I gave it my best shot. Followed the instructions and everything, but the game just stopped launching altogether. Had to completely reinstall it. I just don't get why is it not a built-in function already.

(in reply to ineffable)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom Battle is useless - 5/19/2020 10:00:52 PM   
ineffable

In a way it is. Save mid-game and that Save file is playable for several battles. Caveat is the AI wont reinforce its depleted force.

Agreed, that battle-as-operation game function is almost baked already.

Quid si

(in reply to AUBGeek87)
Post #: 4
RE: Custom Battle is useless - 11/7/2020 6:10:57 PM   
Markowicz

I've been creating and playing custom battles lately after I had eye surgery and am sitting home half blind. You're right in that there's limited choices. Why is it that I can't pick 3 of the same support unit i.e. 3 Sherman M1A1 (76)s if you want to. Also you can choose less units for yourself to have small map game but can't limit the units on the opponents side. I'd like to have the choice of how many units especially on those TINY maps. I like the battle maker setup from CC3/COI.

Then again, this game was designed for you to play the Grand Campaign as the Americans and when you finish that, you're supposed to buy a new game from Matrix, right?

< Message edited by Markowicz -- 11/7/2020 6:16:06 PM >

(in reply to AUBGeek87)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Custom Battle is useless Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI