Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam - 8/21/2020 2:53:56 PM   
Crimguy

Looks like they are experiencing a bit of a delay. Supposed to be released as early access today but nothing, which is a first for me.

I watched a lot of early videos. Unfortunately some of the tactical realtime battle mechanics look a bit simplistic, but the strategic side looks great. They definitely need to optimize the GFX - everything looks like it's stuttering a lot on the videos, and all the youtubers noted a lot of UI lag.

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 31
RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam - 8/21/2020 4:57:06 PM   
Gilmer

Looks like it is available right now.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 32
RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam - 8/22/2020 12:59:52 AM   
*Lava*

I bought it and took it for a quick spin.

My very first impression was that the UI was a bit clunky. Had problems with turning things on and off, for example, but I am sure I'll get used to that. The map moved around like crazy with my mouse and once again, this is something you are going to have to get used to.

What I really was interested in looking at was the "strategic" layer of the game. For example, how do you build railroads? Couldn't figure that out. The only thing I could see that you can order built were forts, depots and telegraph lines.

Since all the YouTubers concentrated on fighting battles, haven't a clue about handling the strategy part.

Edit: I went to the Steam forum and looked over the game manual again and it appears that the way you manipulate the strategy side is through subsidies.

I will take a closer look at that the next time I get a chance.

< Message edited by Lava -- 8/22/2020 1:17:54 AM >

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 33
RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam - 8/22/2020 5:01:23 AM   
Gilmer

I'm not sure there is a way to build railroads, but your industry may do so. That seems to be kind of a conundrum, though, because railroads were such a strategic asset to the actual armies, so there is a basis for the army trying to get railroads built.

I'm no expert on the American Civil War. Did armies or the army departments build railroads?

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

(in reply to *Lava*)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: New American Civil War Game coming to Steam Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI