Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

latest W@W upgrade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> latest W@W upgrade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 5:59:53 PM   
Scotty123

I am having a hell of a time trying to DL the latest upgrade/. 1.06.02 have tried everything so i think i will uninstall the game completely and then reinstall. When i do that will the latest upgrades be installed with it. As well were is the best place to file a new install??
Have asked support but i get nothing from them. They say they are there to help but they dont answer questions. Weird or what??

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 6:06:59 PM   
Dalwin

I had a very hard time getting it to go on GoG. I had to do what you are saying, a fresh install before it would go. I would not be surprised if there is something wrong with the incremental patch file on GoG. Which platform are you using?

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 2
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 8:29:48 PM   
Scotty123

My prob. as well is I am not very good with PC's. What do you mean GOG? I am using Windows 10. When yu reinstalled did you have to reinstall all of the updates as well or are they in there on a reinstall??. I think there were two of them. I really love the game and have never had a problem until this.

Thanks for your reply
Bob [

(in reply to Dalwin)
Post #: 3
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 8:43:43 PM   
Hubert Cater

When you login you should be able to go to your 'My Page' area and find download links there for all the games you own and for the main game as well as for patches, hope this helps.

https://www.matrixgames.com/member/mypage

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 4
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 8:55:30 PM   
Bo Rearguard

You can even download the update from a link on the page that the moderator Daniele used to inform of the version update. It comes as a zip file, so you'll need a program to unzip it with. It worked for me.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Bo Rearguard -- 5/29/2020 8:58:00 PM >

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 9:02:12 PM   
Dalwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scotty123

My prob. as well is I am not very good with PC's. What do you mean GOG? I am using Windows 10. When yu reinstalled did you have to reinstall all of the updates as well or are they in there on a reinstall??. I think there were two of them. I really love the game and have never had a problem until this.

Thanks for your reply
Bob [

GOG (Grand Old Games) is another vender, like Steam. Where you get your upgrades depends on where you purchased the game.

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 6
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/29/2020 9:23:14 PM   
Scotty123

yes i have tried all that. i went to my page for my 1st try. can anyone tell me when i uninstall the game and then reinstall are the upgrades included in the reinstall. do i use the game install file or do i move it to another file. were do you guys usualy keep all your game?

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 7
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/30/2020 2:56:21 PM   
Hubert Cater

Just checking the My Page, what I see is the base original installer of the game, and then the latest patch as available downloads. What you would need to do is download the installer, run it, and then the latest patch which is all inclusive.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 8
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 5/30/2020 4:19:35 PM   
Scotty123

Hi Hubert>> thanks for the help// Matrix support wont even answer basic questions. So what do yu mean download the installer. Can I find that in steam. I have the game in my library, to uninstall i would go to properties and uninstall from there or??
I would need delete anything re Strat Com. in my files right?

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 9
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 6/11/2020 3:11:18 PM   
Scotty123

can yu help me out here Hubert/ wud i uninstall from staem and i wud uninstall anything related to start com befor reinstalling correct?

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 10
RE: latest W@W upgrade - 6/11/2020 5:10:06 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Scotty,

Sorry I missed your earlier message, can you confirm which version of the game we are talking about here? e.g. which did you purchase and install etc.?

Matrix or Steam? Or both?

This will help me guide you with specific instructions as each purchase/install is handled differently.

Hubert

(in reply to Scotty123)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> latest W@W upgrade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI