Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2020 7:53:14 PM   
scottrossi

While I want to preface this by saying I think Shadow Empire has the absolute best world generation engine out there, I do wish we had some more control over the worldgen variables. For me, I'd love a world with ~10% mountains and 15-20% water. I've rolled a couple like that, but it takes forever.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 31
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2020 9:55:36 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: devoncop

Unless I missed it.....entirely possible....though radiated zones feature prominently in the lore and on the map their effect on gameplay seems absent....it would be good to see some meaningful effects for unprotected human troops.

They do impact both population and troops, but various things can mitigate them, for example, the effective rads are adjusted by -100 for troops wearing an envirosuit, -500 for vehicles and -400 for everyone in the hex of a (maintained & undamaged) building. You can check out the details in section 5.2.3. of the manual.

(in reply to devoncop)
Post #: 32
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2020 11:15:08 PM   
siRkid

The ability to buy or sell more than one item at a time.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 33
RE: Wishlist - 6/8/2020 11:48:03 PM   
Novaliz

Call Advisor buttons maybe on the left corner of the side tab to call them and to not always have to browse the personnel tabs.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 34
RE: Wishlist - 6/9/2020 1:02:37 AM   
diamondspider

40 hours in and here are my peeves and wishes:

--Playing on bottom edge is quite painful due to border not extending far enough down so lower pane must be hidden to work with bottom hexes. terrible with my current game where my home base was 4 from bottom. (easy fix make map margin bigger on bottom)
---Playing near an side edge, due to how difficult it is to go back and forth across side edge. (likely hard to fix, but can make sure to start player nearly or at center for now, which should be easy)
--Jerking the view around based on the game thinking the center of screen is not where it is in fact during AI turns. In my case, I have a 4k screen and scaling on, so it thinks the center is upper left and I see 75% map edge with only upper left filled in during AI turn (likely easy to fix)
-While I absolutely love the atmospheric hazards, how they work exactly is still nebulous and these are very important in games with challenging conditions like lots of radiation.
-Tool tips on the combat screen seem laggy at best if they work at all. These are extremely important as combat is complicated. The details view is acceptable, but could be improved including some sense of what causes kill/retreat/pinned hits.

+UI could be improved like having a few more tabs in upper left for key screens such as Organizations that is 3 clicks down and something I check every turn. This is honestly not too bad though.
+Ability to reroll the apocalypse phase of planet gen.
++I'd love more fine tuning of the hazards, hazmat special gear, cures, etc. e.g. radiation should accumulate, but be curable in certain ranges.
+++For other wishes, I'd just love more of the same! The best part of this game is all of the surprising depth, with surprise unit attachments, surprise enemies like ones using all Sentinels, surprising GR techs (so fun!) etc. However, I am already beginning to see a good bit of repeats e.g. slavers, riders... I'd gladly buy an expansion that just added more enemy types, more tech, more cards, more sub-units. If this is unclear, I think the game is nearly perfect and so more of what it already has is the only way to make it better. Also, for my taste, I have no desire for navy or air... I love the fairly low tech feel being mixed in with high tech, but flying jets around would break this for me, as little sense as this makes for a game with mecha, which I'd love more of.

< Message edited by diamondspider -- 6/9/2020 1:17:28 AM >

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 35
RE: Wishlist - 6/9/2020 1:14:11 AM   
StrangledJTAC

If jets are not your thing, you can always have some strange mix of propellers and anti-gravity tech. I imagine the latter is going to be quite important in planets with very thin atmospheres/ no atmosphere at all.

(in reply to diamondspider)
Post #: 36
RE: Wishlist - 6/9/2020 1:15:34 AM   
GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: diamondspider

Also, for my taste, I have no desire for navy or air... I love the fairly low tech feel being mixed in with high tech, but flying jets around would break this for me, as little sense as this makes for a game with mecha, which I'd love more of.

Have to agree here. I've seen people wish for this almost instantly like a reflex or so, but having actually played this many hours I don't know if I'd like it.
Adding air units would (I imagine) totally upset the balance and I wouldn't like this to boil down to: rush-for-air!
So unless we get some manned hot air balloons instead of jets I cannot really see this happening.

Naval, that I could see, but then the sea should probably get some places for oil rigs or so in order to get naval fights and make sea territory matter instead of just using it for transport.
And of course it could add water worlds to the mix, with a few islands, which might be cool, all depending on design.

So, just to recap: really agree with not wanting air. It makes no real sense to me and I would want so many things before air! So, so many other things :D (more content like you say, more types of vegetation which could maybe have different effects (toxic forests with the rest of the planet being fine without suits, or shrubs which damage infantry, all kinds of new beasts, ability to go to space even to launch a rocket to a different planet and so begin to connect planets together again in a campaign, .....)

(in reply to diamondspider)
Post #: 37
RE: Wishlist - 6/9/2020 1:19:35 AM   
diamondspider

quote:

ORIGINAL: GodwinW

quote:

ORIGINAL: diamondspider

Also, for my taste, I have no desire for navy or air... I love the fairly low tech feel being mixed in with high tech, but flying jets around would break this for me, as little sense as this makes for a game with mecha, which I'd love more of.

So, just to recap: really agree with not wanting air. It makes no real sense to me and I would want so many things before air! So, so many other things :D (more content like you say, more types of vegetation which could maybe have different effects (toxic forests with the rest of the planet being fine without suits, or shrubs which damage infantry, all kinds of new beasts, ability to go to space even to launch a rocket to a different planet and so begin to connect planets together again in a campaign, .....)

Not to mention that I do have an air unit now... a unit of medium tanks with GR anti-grav tech attachment that cost both fate points and luck to obtain :)

(in reply to GodwinW)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI