Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Power Tech

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Power Tech Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Power Tech - 6/13/2020 9:54:17 AM   
Resan

So... about discovery.

It's supposed to be random, but I've yet to have a game where Solar/University/Power wasn't the last three discovered.
Except once where I got University from a fate card

And yes, I know the whole confirmation bias thing, but I got 3 games where I got far enough to discover the TL4 techs, and a couple of games where I got about half way through. Been true for all of these.

There's also a lot of post about people getting screwed since they are in the mid game and still missing power.
And the "make sure to get power etc discovered before you start researching" tip given all the time around here.

If we need to completely stop any and all progress down the tech tree to not get screwed, something is wrong imo.

Anyone discovered solar first ever?

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary
Post #: 1
RE: Power Tech - 6/13/2020 10:07:44 AM   
zgrssd

I started starting on TL4. Solar tech discovered, Truck Station and Scanveger are Public assets, basic models up to artillery.
It is just a way nicer game overall. I can even delay getting the Economic council!

(in reply to Resan)
Post #: 2
RE: Power Tech - 6/13/2020 11:35:07 AM   
pavig

I believe it's something like this... after you have researched 3 technologies in one area (box) it unlocks the next tier. That dilutes the random chance you will discover further tier 1 technologies because the pool of possible discoveries expands significantly. Because of this it helps to play discovery priority over research early game to ensure you get more of the tier 1 techs unlocked.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 3
RE: Power Tech - 6/13/2020 1:19:15 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: pavig

I believe it's something like this... after you have researched 3 technologies in one area (box) it unlocks the next tier. That dilutes the random chance you will discover further tier 1 technologies because the pool of possible discoveries expands significantly. Because of this it helps to play discovery priority over research early game to ensure you get more of the tier 1 techs unlocked.

I also think I once saw in someones video, that after you research all but 2 techs in a group, the remaining two are automatically discovered.
But that was way back in the pre-release days.

(in reply to pavig)
Post #: 4
RE: Power Tech - 6/13/2020 1:27:08 PM   
Resan

quote:

ORIGINAL: pavig

Yes, which is why if you don't get power tech early you have to stop all research until you've discovered it, or you risk never getting it. Which is what I've had to do in all of my games so far.

"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

(in reply to pavig)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Power Tech Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI