Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 8/25/2004 3:30:59 PM   
rich12545

I started MCSE a couple months ago and got so mad at the lack of saves I gave it up. I'm going to have a go again with this megasaver. Many thanks.

AGAIN, I call on David Heath to fix the MC bugs, not mentioning the LV final update, I'm talking about the BUGS brought up on this thread. MCs are not free games. Matrix owns the code. Get a programmer to fix the damn things.

(in reply to Muzrub)
Post #: 31
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/7/2004 3:25:04 PM   
Portuguese Mercenary

well i'm just a very pissed customer right now. I was loading a save of the LV megacampaign and the dam thing refused to load saying that it could not load obb [insert a gazillion numbers here]. this was my tenth battle or so... Now i'm starting the whole thing from the beguining since the only save possible got somehow screwed

Arrg! forget the Megapains...

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 32
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/8/2004 3:39:32 PM   
rich12545

Knowing what I know now about the megas not getting finished or fixed I would not have purchased any of them. Two weeks ago I again called on David Heath to answer about this and got no word back. I guess spending more than $100 with MG doesn't entitle me to any kind of response.

(in reply to Portuguese Mercenary)
Post #: 33
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/9/2004 1:10:35 AM   
tmac

I really don't see why there's all this complaining about these saves. The game was designed one way, to make the player pay for decisions and mistakes. I strongly disagree with that philosophy, so I work around it and enjoy myself. That utility mentioned above seems to work, plus there are alot of suggested home remedies for this. There's no reason to lose a whole campaigns worth of work for any reason, as long as you save regularly using some method. I have played and am playing all the megas and don't lose a turn, never mind a whole campaign. I also (if I want) play all the variations of each scenario by reloading the saved last turn of the preceding scenario and then choosing the different options for support (air, engineers, whatever is offered as a choice). It's fun, you get the full gamut of experience, and it takes just a minute or so.
I save almost every turn, go out, copy the 3 files from "mega saves" to a folder on my desktop that has each mega and sub folders numbered or named for each consecutive battle, and then go back in and when prompted rename the file for the next turn. I always try to save a turn right before the very end of the scenario, so I can choose the different support options to play in the next. This isn't hard or even inconvenient, it literally takes seconds, and it's a clumsy approach compared to some of the others mentioned above, but it works great for me.
The overall design of the saves most likely won't be changed, so adapt and enjoy. This company is working on other projects, and regardless of how you view that it doesn't mean these games are unplayable or unenjoyable.
Meanwhile, back to Russia, thats where I'll be!
My .02,
Tim

(in reply to Al Boone)
Post #: 34
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/9/2004 1:31:58 AM   
rrockw

Tmac,

I agree with you. I practice the same stratedgy as you do concerning the save files and I've had lots of fun playing them (megacampaigns).

Rich

(in reply to tmac)
Post #: 35
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/9/2004 2:05:09 AM   
rich12545

The saves problem can be construed as a feature. However, it looks like a "feature" that doesn't work (how many players go through the campaign as designed and never do extra saves?) and should have been addressed long ago along with a couple other things. They should be fixed and/or completed. The silence from MG is deafening. I stand by my original statement. Had I but known.

(in reply to rrockw)
Post #: 36
RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! - 9/9/2004 11:28:27 AM   
S-type

When playing solo I always save after each turn, but when I started playing MC's I saved at the beginning of each battle, up until just recently.

At my 5th battle in LV the game quit to desktop when finishing a turn, and I was forced to start over. After that I save at the end of each turn, and it really isn't much work. I use the same method as tmac, and compared to the time each turn takes, this is a marginal addition.

Of course I would like an in-game feature, but I'm not holding my breath for it, and the lack of it doesn't really take away from my gaming experience.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> RE: In-turn And end of Turn saves! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI